Old 06-29-2005, 07:23 AM   #1  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Wednesday in the Coop ...June 29/05

Good Morning

Not alot happening around here, its been hot, and Ive been itching to go for a walk. Its just been too muggy and icky to move around too much. Ive pretty much been on the back deck with my book

Today is a bit cooler, it rained early this morning, so I might get dh and dd out to the marina for a walk.

Did a roast on the bbq last night, and it turned out delicious. I used wood chips to smoke it a bit, and cooked it on low for about 3 hrs....Id say its the very first roast Ive cooked that turned out even edible!!! Definitely a do-again!!

Thats it around here...still op, and trying to get my water in...have a great day

Last edited by RobinW; 06-29-2005 at 07:27 AM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #2  

I know what you mean I have been wanting to walk also but there is no way I am gonna take my newborn or toddler out in such muggy icky weather. Im still op and drinking alot less water than when I started for some reason that is my biggest struggle not the food....anyway only 8 days to go and Ill get to see finally how much I weigh! take care have a great day and stay op!
mom2nicolenmatthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:11 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

Robin: The roast sounds delicious! I've got tons of them in the fridge. I don't know much about bbq except how to make hot dogs, brats, hamburgers and chicken. So I don't know how long to leave it on there, ect. Got some tips to share?

Melissa: Congrats with the OP eating and it seems we're all struggling to get our water in. Weird w/this weather you'd think we'd WANT to keep drinking! Your WI will go great

Well, I stepped on our OLD scale and I like it better According to our digital I GAINED 2 pounds. According to the old (regular needle one) I LOST 2 pounds. I say BLECH on both of them!! Have to do shopping today and then if we're home early enough going to dip into the pool before folding some clothes. I'm going to see if I can get the girls to help clean this place up. Maybe I'll do what I've threatened and just throw everything out and start from scratch
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 08:27 AM   #4  

Good morning ladies! Well, I don't think that I've fallen off the wagon exactly, but I'm just not as "into" it as I was before. And I still have 20 pounds to go - I can't quit now! I don't know where my motivation went??? Man this sucks. When I was psyched for it, it was so much easier.

Oh, a quick word of advice from someone who now knows... Do not ever use crushed pork rinds as breading for zucchini. Its really, really gross. I can't believe I subjected my family to that.
SkinnyAgainSoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:28 PM   #5  

Hello again,

I am still doing good following my induction. I started last week, but was not doing it correctly, so I started again this past Monday. Plus I wanted a cheat day on Sunday, we took my father to Texas Land and Cattle Co. for both of our birthday dinners, and they have the best bread!!! I also had some shrimp, lobster, and a steak, so if I went without the bread, I would have had a phenominal protein amount for the day!!! I had 3 chunks of bread, plus birthday dessert, so that blew it out of the water. Anyway, my restart day has been fine, I have not felt crappy, and I do have more energy. I went Tuesday and got some lo carb icecream ,and I was pleasntly surprized that it wasn't nasty!! I eat the ice cream, or a sugar free jello with light whipped cream( 1 carb per two tablespoons) and that is my new favorite treat!!! I also went to a BBQ with my kids yesturday, and I ate one hot dog, and that was it. I wasn't hungry, and didn't crave chips like I normally do. I got all 3 of my kids snowcones, and I didn't touch them!! I was so proud of myself!! As for weight, I seem to loose inches faster than pounds. Is anyone else having that issue?? I did Atkins before I got married in 2002, and I lost inches but not a lot of pounds. So far I have lost 6 pounds, but two inches off of my waist since Sunday.
mommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 01:39 PM   #6  

Oh, and I saw the post about the roast. I have a good recipe for roast. I take a roast, put it in my pressure cooker with one packet of onion soup mix, garlic, parsley, and a bit of pepper. You cook it in the pressure cooker for one hour. After that, you can put it into a crock pot, or regular pot on the stove. Add carrots, green beans, or any veggie you want. Let it cook for about 30 more minutes. For myself, I add carrots, green beans, spinich, and maybe squash.. Add the spinich and squash at the last minute because it gets soggy easlily. I add big chunks of potatoes for the family, and I just pick them our for me.
mommyx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:13 PM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Brenda~ I dont know if you've ever seen my posts around the holidays when Ive tried to cook a roast....but I have roast issues!!! Im 40yrs old, and this was the first roast Ive cooked that was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Any and all other roasts, including the expensive one I bought thinking that was the problem, turned out like shoe leather!! So here is what I did this time.....

2.5lb sirloin tip roast (on sale) thats why I thought Id try this again

marinated it for a little more than 24 hrs. Just one of those marinade packetts you see at the grocery store, you mix it with oil and vinegar, then I tossed in 1/2 packett of lipton onion soup mix, and a dash of liquid smoke. Let it sit all day, and before you go to bed, turn it over in the marinade.

BBQ.....I soaked some wood chips (any flavour)for 1/2 hr (pick them up at walmart cheap) make a packet to sit over the flame. You want it about a foot long and filled nicely. Poke holes in the top of it, and leave it.

....turn on high and sear all sides of your roast on the grill then turn off, have the far burner on low...the one that has the wood over it. put your roast over a burner and a 1/2 away from the flame. It should be on low, but the internal temp should be at about 200ish.(no flame under the roast!) Leave it!! Go back about an hr and 1/2 later and start mopping your fav bbq sauce on the roast to keep it from getting dried out. We used a meat thermometer and when it was at med done we took it off and let it sit for about 15 min before cutting into it. It took about 3 hrs to cook We've been picking at it all day, and I dont think we are going to have enough for supper

It sounds labour intensive, but it really isnt. Let me know if you try it and how it turns out.

Last edited by RobinW; 06-29-2005 at 02:17 PM.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote