Old 06-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #1  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Default Week of June 26th

Hi All,

It's hotter than blazes here! My little weather thing says it's 92°, but it feels more like 98°! Mom and I went out to for brunch with the boys, then to BJ's. We just about melted in the "new" minivan, the A/C is pretty lame, almost like it only gets mildly cool when you're moving, but if you're sitting at a light or something, it blows warm air! We just got home and now I'm cooling off in the A/C with the ceiling fan and it's wonderful. May go for a dip in the pool, if Robby goes to sleep...mom is working on that one now.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:22 PM   #2  
No description available.

103 here yesterday....but it's a dry heat!! Keep cool, ya'll! Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:27 PM   #3  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Hello Everyone!

Yep, it's HOT here! Tried the pool thing but Alex wouldn't stay in and I got tired of climbing in and out! So I put up the slip 'n slide and let him play there to keep cool.

DH has been off since Thursday so we've been having fun. Not doing a lot, just enough to keep us busy. We went to our timeshare property in PA yesterday and hung out at the lake. Alex LOVED it. But he absolutely, positively HATES getting sand on his feet. It was so sad he kept saying hurts and trying to walk with his feet off of the ground. Which meant that he was walking with his feet on mine. Thank goodness I brought aqua shoes for him.

Lauren: You got your new minivan? Sounds like the A/C needs some coolant. Better take it in.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #4  
Doing it right....

Absolutely awful here in PA too! I wanted to walk to church tonight...but I think we may faint! LOL! Maybe we will walk to Rita's after for a cool treat....
We will see. Maybe we will get some rain this week...I hope. My yard is scratchy to walk in barefooted...not a good sign .
amypa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 08:40 PM   #5  
LBH

Hi Amy! Welcome to 30-something's!

Karen, not the new new one, just the new-to-us 1989 Grand Caravan! Now my POS is the only one with good A/C, because DH's XTerra's A/C isn't working either! That's the one good thing about my car.

Some new pics...

Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 AM   #6  
LBTEPA

HI everyone
Lauren - what gorgeous children
It was 3 degrees this morning when I got out of the car to catch the train!!! Brrrrr. Hot is bad though; I think I prefer cooler weather (although I love summer, swimming etc) b/c at least in winter you can rug up. Which do you rather?
My home scales how a drop of 1.5kg this week but I'm extremely dubious as I've done little out of the ordinary , and they are pretty dodgy at the best of times! I'll see on the gym scales on Thursday.
Have a good day everyone, or at least keep as cool as possible
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #7  
LBH

Hi All,

LB, awesome...that's about 3.3 lbs.!! Yes, I have bookmarked a conversion site just for this purpose!! I prefer perfect weather! You know, a span of 60°-80°!! Thanks for the compliment...I kinda think they're gorgeous too!

Well, Robby is sick, yet again. I'm soo upset, I don't understand why he's getting sick sooo much. He was running a fever all day yesterday, up to 103°, down to 100.8°. I was up literally all night with him last night, holding him, rocking him, trying to cool him down. He wouldn't let me put him down, even if he appeared sound asleep. At 5:30 this AM his temp was 103.6° rectally and at 7:00 it was 103.1 with the temperal artery one. I left a message for the ped., and DH is staying home with him because I don't have the time earned yet. It killed me to leave him, he was crying hysterically when I left because DH was giving him a bath. I'm just afraid they're gonna make him go to the hospital for fluids or something. The Tylenol doesn't seem to be bringing it down much, and I can't give him Ibuprofen yet. I'm hoping the Dr. says since he's a big kid, that it's OK to give him the ibuprofen, because something's gotta give.

I'll update later when I know something....have a great day all!
Old 06-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #8  
Doing it right....

AWWW, I hope Robby gets better soon.

Thanks for the welcome...I am trying to balance a few forums and I thought this was a great one...We will see how much I can come in here this summer. I am a teacher, so I am a SAHM for a while this summer! I am working on spending time with my children....my diet...my housecleaning...and my "me time".
Old 06-27-2005, 10:31 AM   #9  
LBH

Amy, Thanks! That's a pretty tall order for yourself! How old are your kids?
Old 06-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #10  
LBH

Just popping in with a quick update....Robby's got an ear infection in his left ear. So Amox. twice a day for 10 days and a recheck in 2 wks. Chest is clear and oxygen level is fine.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:08 PM   #11  
No description available.

Lauren~Sorry the baby is sick. He is so precious and so big already! I admit that when I read the symptoms I was wondering about roseola (sp?). My kids always had the high fever and fussiness for 3-4 days then came out with a rash.
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 03:07 PM   #12  
Doing it right....

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBH
Amy, Thanks! That's a pretty tall order for yourself! How old are your kids?
Hannah is 11, Philip is 9, and Lainey is 7. I am tricking them into exercising with me! LOL! Today they wanted to go to the library really bad, so I told them we could go, but we would walk. It is about 4 blocks away. They agreed and I got a good 30 minutes of walking in with some AC in the middle....LOL! Saved $ on gas, too! Now, I am going to mop my kitchen floor and kill two more of those birds with one stone!
Old 06-28-2005, 08:34 AM   #13  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Morning!!! Life is soo busy...#2 got in from camp on Saturday and she has been non stop chatting since then..TOo bad I cant understand her language!!! She lost 6 lbs in a week so I am signing up for that camp today!!!
Well...DH is bucking the idea of me staying at home for 2 weeks..I was really looking forward into being alone with K...I guess it is on to the UP of Michigan on Saturday...I told him I was leaving if MIL dictated my vacation in any way...We shall see if I go

Lauren--I hope RObby is better..Did I miss the new job and van???They are growing fast...
I bought K a new bedroom set that is just beautiful and now just waiting to get it in..I did cry when the baby bed was put away..I have permanently decided that she is the only one for me after 3 mc....it is a bittersweet but sad decision...oh well...I am on to make her rotten!!!!

Amy--WElcome to the group..That is great about the walk..Once I get started I love to walk..it is just getting that motivation to move!!!

LB--Yeah on the weight loss!!! 3 degrees???wow....we will complain about the cold in a few months and U will get the heat!! Keep it up!!

Karen--I havent tried K yet in sand..That is pretty funny how textures get to them..I bought her a Little Tykes wooden easel/chalkboard and she is having soo much fun..I have to get her some little chalk and an eraser today...She writes lines and scribbles and says her ABC's with each line..I just laugh.
She started speach therapy last week..I hope this jump starts her into talking..She chit chats non stop but most is not understandable..Then she fusses and signs what she wants..Those darn ears slowed every thing down!!!
Hello to all I missed!!!
have a great day!!
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #14  
LBH

Hi All,

RR, What's the name of that camp? I guess just go and try to make the best of it. Are you driving or flying up? You can always divert to Jersey if it gets too much! Peter is the same way, talks a blue streak, but I can't understand a lot of it!

Peter was at the ocean last year, so he's been in the sand. He had fun, can't wait to take him this year.

Amy, good for you getting the kids to exercise with you!

Robby is like a new baby today! Actually, even last night he was soo much better! I actually had him laughing. Drugs are great!
Old 06-28-2005, 03:47 PM   #15  
SuperWoman

S/C/G: 194/157.5/145

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies!!!
I keep trying to "pop" in here, but I seem to be so busy lately. I was sick a couple weeks ago with some sore throat thing that was going around. The worse part of it was that I couldn't open my mouth to eat. Ended up going to the ER because I'm breastfeeding and was worried about my baby. The doc couldn't tell why my mouth wasn't opening but I had a sore throat and swollen glands so he put me on amoxicilian. Feeling much better now and my appetite was back in full force.
Its been so hot here lately, and we don't have A/C, Germans don't have central air so we've been spending a lot of time at the pool. DH went to NY on Sunday to look for a new home. We're moving in August and I'm so sad to leave. Made such good friends here that I cry thinking about leaving. Anyway, so I'm here with the 3 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats, trying to stay cool.
DD was swimming, just a little bit, today without her floaties. I was so proud of her I just about cried. Must be the hormones. DS is like a fish in the water, he has absolutely no fear. They never want to get out of the pool, but with this heat its hard to disagree with them.

Lauren- glad to hear that Robby is feeling better. I hate that helpless feeling you get when the little ones are sick and there's just nothing we can do but hold them.

Karen- my kids have never walked in sand, except for sand boxes. They haven't been to an ocean or a lake yet. We have a nice lake here in town, but its always so crowded on the weekend. Thinking about going on the 4th when DH gets back.

LB- I have to agree with you about the cold weather. You can always put more clothes on, but in the summer, you can only take so much off. My kids are always butt naked in our yard, which happens to be in front of our house. Congrats on the 1.5kilos!!

RR- sign me up for that camp, too. Think I'll need to be there a bit longer than a week tho. My DH is from Michigan and they used to vacation up on the UP when he was a kid. I keep telling him that he'll have to take me up there sometime, but we've been together for almost 7 years and I still haven't been up there.

Hope everyone is having a good week!!
alsbttrfly is offline   Reply With Quote