Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 06-26-2005, 10:40 AM   #1  
LOSING TO LIVE LONGER!

Question Want To Buy A Stability Ball Today Have Questions ??????

I am on a mission to buy a stability ball today and a new mountain bike. Can anyone help me out with recommendations for either. I know nothing about the balls or bikes. Is there a recommended size for height/weight with the balls or with bikes? I feel like I may still be too large to use either. I am heading out in a few hours. Any input would be very helpful!! TIA!
Kim
KIMMIFIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 12:53 PM   #2  
Meg

Hi Kim! You are definitely not too big for a stability ball! Check out this page that talks about stability ball sizing. The site also has a comparison chart for some of the different brands.

Good luck!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 02:50 PM   #3  
Working My Way Back Down

As for the bike, any good bike shop, or a sporting goods section of REI, can help you determine the right size, and also the right type of bike. They should ask you about what kind of riding you expect to do, as well as measure you and help with adjusting the seat and handle bars to fit you. Try out different styles/models of bikes till you're sure what you want. It's way to expensive an investment to not get exactly what you want/need. Be sure to do more than ride around the parking lot, unless of course all you intend to do is ride on a paved road or bike trail.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 03:48 PM   #4  

I love the stability ball, I use the middle size, am five foot four, and I am around your weight. It is fantastic, very good for the back and tummy, and I already feel a lot stronger.

Bikes I know nothing about, but will be interested to see what you bought!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote