Old 06-25-2005, 05:09 AM   #1  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Red face FIRM: what to start with?

Hi, I haven't posted in this specific forum yet, but now I have a question... I've read a few posts here about the FIRM workouts DVDs, and they seem to look interesting (and efficient). I'm however feeling a little lost right now regarding which among them exactly would be good for starting with them. So, well, I guess here are my questions...

- Which DVDs/packs would be appropriate for my current fitness level? I know it's a data a little hard to evaluate, here's what I currently do: weight-lifting 2/3x a week (series of 10 reps, I try to work the more groups possible as well as to muscle failure, no "toning with light dumbbells" stuff for me), alternating it with 2/3x cardio (1/2 hour to 1h a day, depending on the time I have). The last DVDs I had for cardio were the WATP 1/2/3 miles workouts, and they're really great, but I'm afraid that with time I'm going to be severely bored if I can't alternate them with "something else". Note that I'm not necessarily looking for cardio workouts only - just something that is nice, efficient, and more challenging than what I'm currently doing. If it involves strength training, I'll take it too, one never knows when they can't have access to a gym.

- Is there a place that delivers the FIRM DVDs to Europe, by chance?... I tried to check on the FIRM website, but they seem to deliver only to USA and Canada, and I'm in France... doesn't help.

Voilą, that's all. If anyone could help me with that, I'd be very glad!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #2  

I like The Firm Body Sculpting. I'm at an intermediate fitness level and that one is still a challenge. Plus they show how to make it easier/harder based on how you do the moves and how heavy the weights are. This routine requires The Firm "box" to help with the step aerobics and other routines on the tape/DVD.

I bought mine from QVC. I don't know if QVC delivers to France or not. I've also seen it at Target (might be available online with Target).

Good luck.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 11:09 AM   #3  
On my way!

The firm body sculpting are my favorite dvd's. Like Nancy said, they show how to make it easier/harder depending on your level.

A friend gave me the transfirmer as a gift this week, and so far I've only used two of the workouts and I love those too.
Smoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #4  

Thank you for the answers! I'm going to check these websites, see if I can get it.

By the way, what is the "box"? Can a regular stepper be used? (In case I can find the DVDs only and not the "box"... it'd be a shame to be blocked by something like this!).
Old 06-27-2005, 11:58 AM   #5  

The Firm's box has three positions -- one is like a regular step (6 or 8 inches high); one position is elevated to about 15 inches (for more bun/glute work and seated work); and one at an angle which is good for lunges and ab work. Their routine is built around having the three different box positions.
byugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:07 PM   #6  
I wanna look like this

Hey Keri

Have you checked for the dvds at Amazon.co.uk? I saw another place from the UK to but can't remember the name just now. I'll post it later if it comes to mind.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:27 PM   #7  
I wanna look like this

www.store4dvd.com

I've never actually bought from any of the stores so I don't know how quick they ship.
Snow White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:39 AM   #8  

Thank you Snow White and Byugrad I *think* I finally found awebsite that could deliver the DVDs, but these will be the DVDs "only". Hence why I was asking about the Box - if I can't have it in a package when ordering the DVDs, will a regular stepper do... I'd really egret not being able to do the exercises just for some missing plastic box!
Old 06-28-2005, 02:16 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

I made my own version of the "box" with a 10" stepstool and piece of plywood....it's not perfect (or pretty), but it works for me.....you could improvise something after watching the DVDs....

Forgot to mention, the Firm has been around for years, their original "Box" was made of wood....and could easily be duplicated.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote