Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 01:50 PM   #1  

Default what weight do you go by?

I'm in a bit of a dilema. My WW meeting is at 6:30 in the evening, and I find there is often a 3-4 lbs difference in weight from when I wake up in the morning {lower weight} to the meeting time. I think it's caused by all the water I drink during the day and my meals {I weigh prior to eating in the morning}. Plus for some unknown reason, I seem to be heavier in the evenings, reguardless of what I've eaten. That being said,

Which weight would you go by? I weighed in at my meeting last night at 227.2, and this morning was at 224. Fairly sure the scale I have is accurate, as it matches the one at the pharmacy across the street.

I'm also wondering if this is the reason my weightloss seems stalled a bit - I'm still eating 28 pts and if I were 224, I'd drop to 26 pts.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:53 PM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

The important thing is to be consistent. If you started weighing at your meetings in the evening go by that always. Go read http://www.primusweb.com/fitnesspart...ight/scale.htm it explains why the scale lies and how fluctuations occur.

I weigh in at 4:30 pm and I always use that as the official weight because that is what W/W goes by even though I usually at least 1 or 2 pounds lighter at 6am when I get up.
Old 06-22-2005, 02:59 PM   #3  
Eat well, Live well

Dakota, I switched points according to my morning weight, and am none the worse for it! The couple of pounds probably makes very little difference when deciding what point range you should be in.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:03 PM   #4  

For my "official" weigh-in, I go by my own scale and weigh in the morning before eating anything (just before jumping in the shower so no clothes on to add weight). However, since I go to Curves in the afternoon, I know I will be 2 or 3 or even 4 pounds more than my morning weight. I let Curves track that weight for comparison month to month, but I use my personal weigh-ins for an indication of how I'm doing.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:18 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

My question is why do you want to drop points so quickly? I am in the 22 TPs and eat 24 TPs daily. Don't drop until you stop losing...the more you use while losing the more you'll have at maintenance.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:10 PM   #6  
banned

id go by your scale. im the same way thats why when i wi for initial weigh tomm night i plan not to look&then am switching over to sat mornin weigh ins the next time i weigh in.

your real weight is on empty tummy and bladder 1st thing in a.m. in your bday suit
Old 06-23-2005, 10:02 AM   #7  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

I go by the ww scale. I am trying to stay consistent. I find the same thing happens to me. Most people will weigh less in the morning. Remember that all day you have been consuming food and that will add up and you are wearing heavier clothing when you weigh in during the day/evening.

I make sure I drink my water and avoid eating a heavy lunch as I weigh in at 5:30 p.m.
I take a bottle of water to my meating and a 2 point bar or a banana and a lf yogurt to eat after I have weighed in. That way I eat a little something to tide me over until I get home and eat dinner.

Don't get too wrapped up in the number though, for me I focus on how I feel and how my clothing is fitting. I only weigh in once per week so that I don't drive myself nuts with the scale
Old 06-23-2005, 10:22 AM   #8  

Ditto to what Kel said I too WI at night Tuesdays in fact same time 6 pm I go by that weight.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #9  

I guess the reason I'm in such a hurry to drop points is because my weight loss seems to be tapering off as I get closer to each new points level.

well and also I'm wanting this weight to be gone!
Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 PM   #10  
Cowboy Up Chick

Dakotamidnight, that is probably just a normal slow down in your weight loss based on your body and not so much to do with your weight. Remember the quicker and more you cut in points the less you'll have at maintenance. Take your time...look at the over all picture not the small week to week things.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:08 PM   #11  

I would also go by the night weight, then you are more motivated, and say when you hit a goal weight, you will be that weight ALL day , nto just in the AM when you may weigh less.

when i dropped below 150, I never dropped points either, I have stayed at 22, even at 140 pounds
Old 06-24-2005, 04:20 PM   #12  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

It is very normal for your weight loss to slow as you get closer to goal.
We are all usually in a hurry to get it off - I know I am no different
The important thing is to learn how to do this so it will remain a lifestyle change and not a "quick fix" That is the most important lesson of all

The numbers on the scale are just one tool - how we feel, how our clothes fit, how much extra energy we have those are just as important

I just stick to what the scale tells me when I WI at WW. I just got a new scale to use at home once I get back to goal since my old scale was 7lbs lite from WW and fluctuated terribly
Cindy
Closed Thread