Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-17-2005, 06:25 PM   #1  

Default therapy

I've just began therapy.
I decided the weight problem was really a low-esteem problem with some serious effects on my life now so I went to the doctor.
I'm now on the 2nd consultation and I'm starting to discover the answers to my weight problem
I wanted to know what can I expect from therapy maybe from someone who had it and then continued on their own?I don't want to do therapy for the rest of my life.

thank you so much
maat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 265/262.2/190

Height: 5'10"

I've never been in therapy as it relates to weight problems but I assume that your therapist will help you learn how to handle your low self esteem problems and give you the tools so that you don't need therapy your whole life. I've seen a therapist for other reasons and it's been very helpful. I wish you the best!
gray eyed girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #3  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I had therapy last year for a phobia. The phobia will never go away of course, but I learned ways of dealing with it. I haven't seen the therapist in over a year now, but prior to those sessions, I had not had blood drawn in over 5 years, had not had a tetenus shot in over 20 and refused any type of needles unless they were life threatening...not even a finger prick. I also poured tears with every dental procedure requiring novacain.

Since the therapy, I've had blood drawn several times, I purposely scheduled a blood test and donated blood at the Red Cross to boot, I also purposely scheduled a tetenus shot and had a skin tag removed, requiring a numbing shot, that I'd been wanting gone for years but wouldn't dare do it. I've also been able to go through novacain several times now on getting my new bridge and never shed a tear.

I've learn to cope with it and find ways to ease my anxiety before the procedure, to breathe and not tense up so that it's over and done and I don't need a hygeniest to blot my eyes instead of my mouth.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote