South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2005, 07:13 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF! - Chat for June 17

What a change in the weather! Yesterday was a quilt morning and today is a warm furry chenille robe day! On this day last week it was 104ºF with the humidex; today it's 55ºF and not expected to go much higher!

I was in earlier but felt so sad about Soon's mother that I didn't post until now. She gives us a good warning about taking care of ourselves. (((Soon)))

Yesterday I found a residence for my Harry. He will probably be released from hospital early next week so a new Chapter is Life starts for us both. It feels really strange.

If it isn't raining, I am going to plant this morning, have some lentil soup for lunch and visit Harry this afternoon. There is a wedding tomorrow afternoon and a BBQ in the evening at Lorraine's Greenhouse to celebrate being sold out so I sure hope we get slightly warmer weather!

What's happening at your umbrella?
Old 06-17-2005, 07:56 AM   #2  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Ruth - I know what you mean about the weather but now they are saying a return to the 90 degree weather for us early next week. I remember as a child having 1 90 degree day a summer - maybe 2 but never this many. We used to swim at a public pool and they would split the boys and girls on 90 degree days.

Soon - My prayers are with you and your family. Take care!

I finally broke down and purchased the super scale with the body fat % thingie on it. My weight is slightly higher on the this scale but I'm not going to change my ticker - I'll wait until it balances itself out.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:27 AM   #3  

Ruth - I can't even imagine weather that cool! We hit 100 again yesterday but with around 35% humidity it wasn't too bad. Well, in the shade it wasn't too bad. In the sun it was pretty miserable.

Anchor - I hate weighing on different scales. I've thought about getting one that did body fat but I worry that they aren't very accurate.

Me - Camp was fun again yesterday. Half of each session was spent learning morse code at the Communication Shack and half was spent coloring flags from 1930 (the year scouting was founded). I spent lunch frantically making more flag pictures. They gave me 100 and we had 111 boys. I can't believe today is the last day of camp. This week has just flown by.

I spent the morning working and need to get back to it now.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Mornin Y'all. Out the door. I'm just so blown away by soons news.

Ruth...Glad you found a good place for DH!

Anchor...Enjoy the new toy and don't become a scale Ho now! lol

Have a good day all! I'm off to the land of Oz! lol
Old 06-17-2005, 08:30 AM   #5  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Barb...Posting same time! Glad your having so much fun with the kiddos!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:32 AM   #6  

Barb! 100 degrees YIKES that pretty hot....! its comfy around here.....66ish

sitting here at work.....waiting for it to be 4...

I am super tired....yesterday I slept in till 1030! and this morning i got up at 730....i need more S L E E P!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-17-2005, 08:43 AM   #7  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Anchor- Wee hoo, a new scale! My weight was higher on my new scale too, I stopped weighing for a few days (I am a daily weigher) when we moved and by the time we were all done, I was down to my scale dancing weight from the old one. DH was asking me why I got excited over like 3lbs, he just doesn't get it.

Barb- I have to agree on the scale body fat %. I would rather not know my own but I know my DH's is way off. The scale says his is about 28% but since the navy tests by measures etc.. I know it's really 21%. The only real way to know body fat % is to take measurements.

Whew, 100* is just too high. It's been in the 90's here this past week but it feels a lot hotter. It is supposed to "cool down" to the high 80's by Monday. Righ now it's only 76* but the dog doesn't even want to stay outside.

How does everyone else weigh in? Daily? Weekly?
I weigh daily but change my ticker if it stays the same for 2 days in a row or went down (put it at next higher one from the day before). I also weigh in at my RE (fertility doc) office but there I have clothes and shoes on at different times of the day so it can be off by a few lbs.
Old 06-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #8  

Height: 5'-2"

Soon, we're thinking about you, sweetie. I know this is a busy time for you, but please let us know how you're doing when you get a chance...
love and hugs...

Ruth, I'm so glad you've find a place for sweet Harry. I've been thinking about you all week. I know you must have torn emotions about this.

Amy, I haven't read your escapades yet from yesterday... I'll have to see what man you've been up to lately.

Barb, what a busy week you've had! No wonder you're so slim and losing so well!

Bamie, I hope work is going well! I must remember to check my pennies...

Angel, I hope you get caught up on your sleep soon, hon.

Angela, I weigh daily. If I don't, I can easily gain 5 pounds in a couple of days. Weighing daily keeps me on track.
It was when I didn't weigh for MONTHS a few years ago that I gained about 30 pounds. I'm not doing THAT again!

I'm having coffee with a friend this morning. We were supposed to walk, but it's pouring out. I may have to hop on the treadmill this evening.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Old 06-17-2005, 09:01 AM   #9  
CELULITE BABE BLUES

Talking

Hey u BEACHIN BABES!

Drive by post,,yes,I am off 2work again ,but wl b off at 2 so wl chck bk in...Prayers for Soon and her family...Play nice on ur BEACH TOWELS................GOFISHIN
Old 06-17-2005, 09:36 AM   #10  
Gryffindor Pride

I am very tired today, ladies. It's so cold out and it's June 17th! Yuck.
Tonight I am off to the movies to see Batman Begins, I hope it's good. I'll have to bring snacks with me so I don't buy popcorn, like last time. hehe. I would write more but I am much too sleepy and have to try staying awake at work! Have a great day, ladies.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:46 AM   #11  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

If I don't get to this thread early in the morning I'll never get on.This thread moves so fast comparing to the other threads I'm posting to.

Well!! nothing new there on my end.,except for this weekend with Fathers Day and my birthday coming up. My DH got me something I always wanted a cockoo clock. Cant wait until its delivered.

I started Phase 1 again after being at my DD's for a few days. I down 2 lbs so far and hoping a good loss at next Wed W-I.( My Birthday) I really like to see that tricker move downward.

Soon- I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I know your sorrow as I've been there. Sending prayers for you & your family. God Bless.!!

Ruth- Glad the temps are down. Were in Canada do you live that temp rise to 104 deg. I didn't think being north would bring them temps that high. Hope everything works out for you and Harry.Try not to stress out.

Anchor-Good Luck with your new: scale, it will take a day or 2 to ajust. I have waist high doctors scale and its really great.

Barb-You learn alot about scouting,sound every interesting & colorful.

Angel- sending some sleeping vibes: you way. Hate when that happens

Fl-Mom-HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY I didn't read yesterdays posts. Hope you had a wonderful day I weigh myself every day,but my offical w-i: in on Wed. I do this to adverage my weight for the week, learned that on another diet plan.

Gryffgirl-We posted at the some time. Gee!! sorry to hear you don't like the cooler weather. I can't stand theHot & Humid but that maybe my age.

Have a nice day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 06-17-2005 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:47 AM   #12  
Keeper of the Cheerios

S/C/G: 218/209/170

Height: 5'4

Gryffgirl- I'm going out to dinner tonight and then the movies also. Either Batman or Mr & Mrs Smith

I have absolutely no clue what I can take with me to snack on. I usually buy popcorn even when I am not hungry, it's a weakness of mine. I know I can have a SBD friendly meal but afterwards will a test of willpower.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #13  
Gryffindor Pride

I "snuck" in pistachios in a little ziplock bag when I saw Star Wars Episode III and they worked really well. I counted out thirty and then I only started eating them when I smelled popcorn or heard people opening starbursts. That worked well for me. The water was tough because I kept having to use the bathroom. Hope this helps!
Old 06-17-2005, 10:06 AM   #14  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I know. The older I get, the more I worry about losing my mom. It's so hard to hear about things like this. Soon, my heart goes out to you, darling. Ruth, I'm so glad you found Harry a place. I'm sure it's a good one, knowing you. I know it'll be hard as you transition to this new life and I will hold you close in prayer. Be gentle with yourself and hug your Girls...I know they will help you through. Have fun at the wedding and BBQ...sounds fun.

Amy, I'd love one of those scales! <drool> Heard from any cute guys lately?

Barb, camp sounds like such fun. I'm so glad you were able to do it! I know what you mean...yesterday I had such a hard time turning off the fans after two weeks of 90 degree weather, but it was darn cold in the house! Our bedroom was 70, and by this morning, even with all the windows closed, it was 66 in our bedroom! Yikes!

Bamie, you have a fun day, hon!

Angel, I second the need for sleep. Like a dolt, I stayed up until 3 last night.

Fl_mom, check out the "Ode to the ladies..." thread. There's lots of info about all our weighing habits in there! I change my ticker when I weigh the same three times in a row. I just hate making it higher if I gain, so I'd rather be sure before I change it.

Ellis, I hear you...I need to weigh daily to stay on track. Have fun on the treadmill!

GoFishin, hope you have a great day!

Gryff, I've heard excellent things about Batman Begins. Hope it's fun! I have a feeling that you and Angel have been doing a lot of partying, you sleepy girls!

Me:
Oy, I'm exhausted and stressed. But it's Friday and DH and I have a long day in the garden planned for tomorrow, so that's good. Tonight there is a free concert with fireworks by the river and we'll probably go. Weird thing is we might need sweaters and blankets!

Jumped up three pounds this morning. I did think I ate too much couscous last night, but not 3 pounds worth. I forgot to take my stool softener the other day, so that might be part of it. (ewww...tmi! ). I also didn't get much sleep. We'll see how it goes tomorrow, but I was so looking forward to a third day of 208.5 or lower so I could change my ticker.

Have a great weekend, chickies! I'm going to try to be good for the next week or so and not pop on as much...I have a ton of work to do and next week is my last week alone at work. I'll spend my final week training the new person, so I want to get a lot done next week.
Old 06-17-2005, 10:10 AM   #15  
Started SBD 1/26/04

Morning chicks. Don't have much time today but I thought I would tell you about my morning weigh in.

When I looked down at the scales I was up almost 15 pounds this morning. I started ranting and raving about why am I doing this if all I'm going to do is gain weight. I was going on and on and on and my husband finally got my attention and said look between your legs at the back of the scales. And I'm thinking ya, ya, ya what does that have to do with anything but I looked and guess what..................

My mom's dachsund had come up and parked her little fat butt on the scales behind me without me seeing her. Go figure!!!

Hope all you chicks have a great day!!!!
Closed Thread