Old 06-16-2005, 06:32 PM   #1  
Baby Steps

Default Tired & Headache

Alright. I knew I'd get headaches from not drinking soda. But I'm past the point it should be done and over. And I don't get the headaches until the AFTERNOON!!! And about the time I get the headaches I get SUPER tired. I go to bed at 10:00 and get up at 8:00 am...and by 1:00 I'm ready for a nap (along with not feeling well w/the headache). Anyone have any suggestions? You'd think by now I'd know how to get through things like this (after all, I've been on this WOE for over a year). I didn't even feel like this the day I quit drinking soda!!!!! It's getting worse, not better. So I've been drinking a couple sips of soda in the afternoon. But it's not even helping. So any suggestions would be appreciated!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2005, 10:20 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Have a cup of coffee? How about a cup of herbal tea instead, or some green tea. Im thinking its just withdrawals from the caffine in the soda. Maybe try some protein when you get tired, and see if that will maybe hold you over. Pull out the ibuprofen!!

Hope it gets better soon!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 07:38 AM   #3  
Baby Steps

I don't drink coffee or tea. Tried the carb options tea and that's ok. But not hot tea. I'll take your suggestions and try them--thanks
Old 06-17-2005, 08:48 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Brenda, are you using splenda in anything ? splenda gives me wicked headaches.
I drink plain iced tea, w/caffine in it. Squeeze some lemon in it if you like. Your taste buds will adjust - trust me, ask my DH LOL. Is it still hot by you ? if so maybe its the heat or allergies, maybe something is outside your not aware of.

Take some tylenol or what ever meds you can take for your headaches, don't suffer.

Whats your day like ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2005, 11:36 AM   #5  
Baby Steps

Maybe it's boredom (the tired feeling)? Or maybe I'm not eating enough veggies. I do admit to not having taken my vitamins lately. Oh...and the only Splenda I was having was in my soda (Diet Coke now is made with Splenda) and I cut that out--and aspartame (Diet Mt Dew) would give me headaches but I never got them from Diet Coke. The reason I'm tired today is due to lack of sleep. I need a nap. lol
Old 06-18-2005, 07:03 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Not enough veggies + no vitamins would = one tired Brenda.

Come on chickie, get that body back on plan

(psssssssst....exercise gives you energy, but don't say you heard that from me)
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2005, 09:52 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I had this all typed up and then the cat turned the computer off. ARGH!!

Was saying yesterday was better. No headache. Still tired, but that was due to a definite lack of sleep. Imagine my surprised when I couldn't sleep this morning!! I woke up at like 3:00 AM and couldn't get back to sleep. Dang, I liked it better when it was 5:00 AM and that happened. Hopefully my system readjusts.

And dang, the dreaded "E" word. Yup, I slacked off this week! Not sure when I'll get it done next week either. (excuses, excuses. I've got a million of 'em! )