Old 06-14-2005, 05:59 PM   #1  

Default Hello, I'm New...

Hi Everyone,

I've known about OA ever since 2001, however It's really hard for me to make it to any of the meetings currently because of work and school shchedules, but I NEED to get back! My Name is Amber, I am 21, married (this month will be our 1 year anniversary) and my health is very much dependent upon me taking the OA program seriously, and finding support through friends. I am very close to diabetes, and have a very high heart rate, I must start taking care of this. I hope that I can join you guys and find some friends, I really appreciate the time and effort to make OA avliable online, otherwise- I'd be out of luck!
Thanks!!!
AmberJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 08:34 PM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Amber, we're so glad to have you here... welcome!
Good for you for making a move towards good health so early in your adulthood. Some of us have neglected our health for too long, and it just makes it more difficult to "bounce back".
Congratulations on your anniversary this month! Are you doing anything special?
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2005, 12:47 PM   #3  

Hi Amber Welcome.

Do you know about The Recovery Group? They have online meetings. It's at www.therecoverygroup.org

I'm in the same boat health-wise.... prediabetic, high BP, GERD...lots of fun stuff. ((hugs))
CackyDoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 07:54 PM   #4  

Hi Amber,
My Name Is Jenjen. I Am New Too. I Also Have Many Health Problems Coming From My Weight Being So High. I Found Today That Oa Has Meetings On Line. Not Sure Of How It All Works Though, I Have Not Been Able To Check It Out As Of Yet. I Will Let You Know When I Find Out More. I Cannot Drive At Night So Going To Meetings Is Very Hard For Me. I Am 32 And Divorced, Very Happily I Might Say. Anyway, I Will Help You As Much As I Can. You Know Offer Suppot And All. Well, Got To Boogie
Se Ya, Jenjen
JELYPF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2005, 08:27 PM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Jenjen, welcome! I'm so glad you've decided to join us.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 08:12 AM   #6  
Pending Email Confirmation

Welcome!
Mazarin is offline   Reply With Quote