Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2001, 07:35 PM   #1  
Thursday Lady

Good morning, Good morning
I hope it's a good day for everyone (I just got going.).

Tracy, was that a good recipe that you tried? Let us in on it, okay. What are you doing during vacation? Does it include exercise.

Cindy, how are you doing? I'm still so sorry about your loss. And, are you back on track WW-wise? Don't let anything deter you from healthy thoughts and eating.

Addey, okay, girl-----I want to hear from you.

Tammy, I'm so proud of you losing some weight. That new church program sounds good.

Kimmy-jo, how is your baby?

Flo, Maureen, Jill, Dee, Julia, Essie, Sis, DMaree, everyone out there!!!!!!!!! what is planned for the weekend?

We (husband and I) will be going off for an over-night fling Saturday. Our friends in Woodville said to leave our cares here and come there.
They are very careful about what they eat, so, I won't have too many temptations while there.

Tina
134 personal goal
Old 03-02-2001, 08:01 PM   #2  
In puppy hell

Hi guys,

I've been tracking faithfully but gone over on points 2 days in a row. That's okay though, that is what the bank is all about.

I am now walking 40 minutes min a day to my new job and quitting smoking has made me slightly more active.

I am planning to get on the scale on March 15. I couldn't face it right now, it would be too depressing.

Tina, Saturday sounds fun! I am attending a fund raising dinner (local country charity thing) on Saturday night but it's generally a turkey dinner. I can maintain my composure, I love turkey.

Addey
Old 03-02-2001, 10:13 PM   #3  

Good Morning everyone!

Thanks for all the words of encouragement, I really needed, and appreciated every one. I did better yesterday, I stayed within my points range but still didn't make the greatest choices. Today will be perfect, I know!

Tina, I used to visit Woodville all the time when I was younger! We went camping there every spring during the dogwood festival, we would have like 4 campers in a row, filled with aunts, uncles and cousins at the Indian Reservation. Do they still have the Dogwood Festival? I hope you have a great time!

Good luck everyone, I hope you have a perfect day!

Cindy
Old 03-02-2001, 10:16 PM   #4  

Me again. I'm thinking about changing my meeting time to Saturday mornings. I don't want to because that's my only day to sleep late, but I'm just not clicking with my Tuesday group. I have to bring my 19 month old son with me and it sure puts things in a different perspective when you are on the floor in the back of the room! LOL!!! I just don't have a good track record of getting ANYWHERE early Saturday mornings!

Old 03-03-2001, 02:19 AM   #5  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon all,

Jill, how was your trip to Toronto? Haven't heard from you since then.

Cindy, did you say that you lived in Friendswood or did I dream that?
I don't know if Woodville still has the Dogwood festival or not. I remember going up there to it with a girlfriend when I was in elementary school----years & years ago.

Addey, you put me to shame-walking 40 min. a day is awesome.

Everyone have a great weekend. And, keep "chatting"

Tina
Old 03-04-2001, 10:33 PM   #6  
Thursday Lady

Hi Group,
This is my first time on the new server. I haven't read the "questions" section. It looks kind of strange around here.

Well, we stayed in town this weekend. I woke up yesterday feeling so lousy. I think it's a buildup of the stress and maybe the dust at Mother's house. By the way, Mother now knows the house was sold. She's really mad at us. I'm so sorry this had to happen.

Needless to say, I haven't had much of an appetite yesterday or today. Maybe that will help me on Thursday.

Everyone check it and have a great OP Monday!

Tina
senior member???? (super chick)
134 personal goal
Old 03-04-2001, 11:52 PM   #7  
Cute & Cudley

Hi all! Well I am here waiting for all this snow to arrive. It is fairly safe to say that we will have no school tomorrow. We are supposed to get 24-30 inches of snow here by Tuesday night. So we could possible be looking at snow days for Mon. and Tues. That would be so nice! DH works at a college and they have already called off for tomorrow.

I had a pretty good weekend. We went out to eat Sat. night as usual. I did okay, but not great. You would think with me being so close to goal I would be so consientous of what I am eating, but I haven't been. I was pretty bad today. Also I know I won't exercise as much with all this snow. I don't like exercising indoors.

The baby is finally much better. Of course as soon as he got better, the babysitters daughter got the same thing, so I didn't want to send him and take a chance that he would get it again. Thank goodness for mom! She is a very handy emergency babysitter.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I'm sure I will check in since I will be snow bound for the next couple of days. I love the snow though, so it doesn't bother me.

Keep up all the good work everyone and drink your water!
Old 03-05-2001, 02:11 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.

Today, I'm getting ready for my trip to San Diego!! I need a vacation and my kids are so excited to go to Sea World. It should be fun. (My boys are 5 & 7.)

So I have to go weigh in tonight before we leave. I am not excited about this since I weighed only on Thursday last week, and I had a very baaaaaaad Sunday. Relatives came over for dinner and expected my fresh baked bread - which I love. I only had one slice and I didn't put any butter on it!! ( I think no butter on freshly baked bread may be a crime in some states.)

Anyway, I don't think the scale will move down any, and may even move up, but I'm going to try and be very good on vacation and drink my water.

I hope everyone has a great week and I will see ya next week.

Tracy
Old 03-05-2001, 11:27 PM   #9  
Thursday Team

Hi everyone, just checking in and reading the posts before I head to bed. First time on this new server, and boy does it look strange!!

Have a great time in San Diego Tracy! I went there during the summer (for a whole month) and made several trips to Sea World. If you get a chance, you should go there in the evening, the shows look different in the dark. (I love fresh baked bread with no butter )

I agree with you about that "Senior Member" wording Tina I already think Im retiring age (nearly 40!) with out being reminded Im a senior anything Hope your feeling better now Tina, sorry to hear you didnt make it to your evening get-away.

Cindy, did you make it to the Saturday meeting, or is that this coming Sat your planning to go? Maybe it will turn out to be a fantastic meeting, and you'll love getting up early to attend.

Have a good week everyone else! Im off to bed.
Old 03-06-2001, 08:31 AM   #10  
In puppy hell

Thumbs down

Hey - is this thing on? I love the new forum but I don't know what I'm doing!

:-)

Addey
ps - check out my Thursday Chatter name.
Old 03-06-2001, 11:40 AM   #11  
Thursday Lady

Hi All,
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I do feel lots better. I think I just needed some rest without
any distractions.

Dee, I'm gonna check into this new server today. I want to know more - there may be lots of new neat things. Uh Oh, does saying "neat" really mean I'm a senior member!

Addey, do you mind if I use the same name? I hope not. You had a great idea!!!!!!! How are you doing?

Cindy, how are you? You must be busy since we haven't heard from you.

Kimmy-Jo, I think the weather men got too excited.

Tracy - have a great time (by now you might already be gone).

Maureen, how are your sons? Did they get settled into their own living spaces okay?

Well, my husband has gone back on WW and I am [b[so happy[/b]. He has gained so much that it scares me. This time around, I'm helping him get enough pts. The last time, he tried eating what I ate and he needed so much more. Keep your fingers crossed for him.

Later,
Tina
Old 03-07-2001, 08:42 AM   #12  
Thursday Lady

It's Wednesday morning - How is everyone doing?????
It's a beautiful day in Texas. Did y'all up north get as much snow as expected? I hope everyone
is warm and well.

I'm on my way to work.

Take care and talk.
Tina
Old 03-07-2001, 08:50 AM   #13  
In puppy hell

Good morning ladies,

Well I have good news to report. Yesterday was the first day I had where I did not have even one crumb of junk food. I made it through the day and last night at home I was headed for the cookie jar (these amazing cookies by Vachon called Ah Caramel that are just like the cakes by the same name) and I thought NO FREAKIN WAY!

I'm far from perfect these days but that was one small success for me. Since I quit smoking I've been eating like there's no tomorrow. Yesterday however, I bought a bag of carrots for the office with a low fat ranch dip for snacking.

How's everyone else doing?

Addey
8 days til I weigh - yikes!

Oh! And also a note.. I was not having my Starbucks lattes as they were 2 points for a tall (of nonfat) and then I realized that the 2 points were for the milk (d'uh!)and that I could choose to have my milk steamed in the morning or a cold glass with dinner or even both! For some stupid reason I had thought the 2 points were empty calories.. So glad my brain is working again.
Old 03-07-2001, 08:53 AM   #14  
In puppy hell

Hi again,

Tina I changed my name thingy to Dale Earnhardt fan in honour of him. I was/AM a huge fan. Will change back to Thursday chatter after appropriate greiving time.

:-)
Old 03-07-2001, 02:11 PM   #15  
Thursday Lady

Afternoon,
Addey, I got a scare when I saw you'd changed your name thing--I was afraid I'd hurt your feelings or something like that. I'm glad you'll change it back after your grieving period. That was a freaky looking wreck.
I'm not a racing fan but Larry and I did go to the Texaco Grand Prix when it was in town last year.

Also, Addey, you are doing great, fantastic, fabulously.

I'm starving. I just got in from work and need to find something for lunch.

Talk to everyone later.
Tina
Closed Thread