Old 06-13-2005, 04:28 PM   #1  
Chubbles

Default I need some motivation/inspiration...

This weekend I totally screwed up...I won't go into details, but it started totally by accident, and it was too late before I realized I had cheated, and it was just all down hill from there...So Tomorrow I am restarting my induction! I am kind of down about how I cheated so I need some motivation from you guys!
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 08:37 PM   #2  
The Princess O' Pets

The best thing I can say is just move on, if you dwell on what happened (which sounds like it was out of your control anyway) you run the risk of feeling down and cheating when you do know it. I was on strict Atkins for a whole year and figured out one mistake doesn't hurt you as long as you jump right back on and eat right again. I only noticed and trouble when it was frequent or when it was more than 1 meal.

JUst forget about it and start back and you will be fine.
Theo'sgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #3  
Movin' and Losin'

Like TG said, it happened, now move on. Don't feel bad about it or be down on yourself, that could lead to more bad eating. You have done great! Just get right back on track, and keep eating right. Congrats on your success so far!
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 10:19 PM   #4  
Baby Steps

You'll discover 1 day doesn't stack up too badly if you jump right back on track the next day. This is all a learning experience when you start out and you're bound to mess up once in a while. Just learn from the mistake and go on You really can do this!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 12:25 AM   #5  
Chubbles

I guess I got more down about it than I should have...there is this other forum I visit, atkinsdietbulletinboard.com and the people around there are VERY religious about atkins...they kind of put me into that holistic atkins mindset I guess and I was going really hardcore at it at first, and they made it sound like 1 cheat means that youre BAD and will go to some atkins-cheater's **** or something...So yes, after the beer, it did lead to other cheats, I was just like "why even bother doing right when I already screwed up?" But after working out today and accomplishing some of my exercise goals I feel a lot better, and I am just going to add an extra week to my induction to make up for last weekend. I just can't realistically see how the people on that forum NEVER cheat...things happen, on accident or on purpose, instead of preaching the NEVER I think they should help us learn how to deal with the situations when they DO happen... Thank you all for your uplifting advice, I really needed it and here seems to be the only place I can find it
breakfastsurreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 02:17 AM   #6  

Oh, don't go back there to that other forum - those people are wack and don't live in the REAL world! I actually advise people to do a 'planned' cheat every few weeks as a way to stay OP! I know, it sounds crazy but it really works! If you've been craving something then you just tell yourself you will have IT for your planned cheat in two weeks and then it helps you stay on target. Then you set up the limits/parameters for your planned cheat and don't deviate from it (it can't be a free-for-all day or something like that, just one meal or treat or ?) - and you ENJOY, guilt free then you get right back OP and there are almost never any negative effects on your weightloss efforts. Sometimes knowing that you can have something you crave in 'two weeks' is the only way you can get thru the day rather than pigging out and blowing everything for a couple days/weeks/months or however long it takes you to get your sanity back.

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2005, 09:39 AM   #7  
Baby Steps

I think if you're TOO strict that's when you end up blowing things more often. I think I was one of those people. So focused on loosing weight and staying OP and having that scale drop the numbers that I didn't realise I needed to focus on FOOD and good food choices FOR LIFE.
Glad you got over it and are back on track!!! Keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote