South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:21 PM   #1  

Default Need to lose 10-20 lbs

Hi,

I was wondering if it was harder to lose 10-20 lbs? I have noticed that a lot of people that have posted have had more weight to lose and have had amazing results! I was wondering if anyone else out there had the same goal and if that had any advice or suggestions for me.

A little about me: I have been thin for most of my life without having to watch my weight but then I went to college and drank too much/ ate very poorly and gained about 20 lbs. I just graduated so I would really like to lose the weight I packed on in college. I am relatively active - I try to go to the gym 4-5 times a week and I am starting to do more weight training.

If anyone has any advice for me and is in the same situation, I'd love to hear from ya!

I started on Weds. and have been good for the most part except I have had 2 glassses of wine .
Old 06-06-2005, 12:20 AM   #2  

Yes, you'll be fine on this!! I only have another 10 lbs. to lose and I just finished Phase I and can now fit into my shorts from last summer, wooohooo!!!! Don't be too hard on the two glasses of wine deal, you'll be fine. I think in Phase I the only reason it's off limits is because of the craving factor??? If that's all you had, don't even worry.

Bottom line, you'll lose the weight in time...no worry!!!

Good luck!!! This is an easy diet, but I must say that Phase I was easier than this Phase II deal, yikes!!!! The adding back in the starch/fruit/etc. is triggering me like nothing else....maybe I'll just do Phase I for the most part!!!! Except weekends, ha ha!!!!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:41 AM   #3  

Hey...I have about 10 pounds to lose...and its TOUGH!!!!! lol

Sometimes I switch back and forth between phase 1 and 2.....and I found that excercise and weight lifting has been helping....stay here there are lots of great people willing to help with anything!

<3
chels
Old 06-06-2005, 12:15 PM   #4  

Thank you all for your great advice! Reading the message boards and things has been SO helpful. Everyone is really inspiring and there is so much great advice which makes it a lot easier to not cheat! THe first 3 days were pretty tough - I was really dizzy and stuff but not neccessarily super hungry. I don't think I was eating enough veggies or maybe my body was going into sugar withdrawal but now I feel a lot better and might try to do some light exercise! Has anyone had [problems exercising in phase 1?

About phase 2 - what are some helpful hints for coping with phase 2? Have you added both a fruit and a carb or one or the other until your body adjusts? I'm just not really sure how it works and have noticed a lot of people having problems with it so I'm a little nervous. I still have a week though but I am going to AL to visit some relatives this weekend which I hope doesn't ruin my last few days on phase 1! I have been pretty good about not wanting to cheat but if I'm hungry and there is nothing else to eat then that will be hard. Plus I don't want to look rude by not eating but I also don't want to make a big deal about how I am on a diet - I know that sounds strange but I don't know.

Thanks for all the help and advice. You all are so inspiring and I am really confident that we will all be able to meet our goals. Especially with such great support and motivation!
Old 06-07-2005, 09:41 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Skinny, try starting Phase 1 over from after the glasses of wine. To truly make P1 work for you, you need to do it without any cheats. Okay?

The dizziness was the detox from sugar...it lasts 3-5 days in most people. If you'll be going through it again because you had your wine afterwards, you can mitigate the feeling by drinking lots of water, being gentle with yourself, and eating good P1 carbs like beans, bell peppers, and tomatoes. Exercising in P1 is a personal choice...most people don't try it until the second week and many wait for Phase 2. If you can handle it, go ahead, but pay attention to what your body is telling you and don't push it, okay?

For Phase 2, check out the stickies in the FAQ. They have tons of hints. You want to add one new thing a day (same thing each day) for a week and see how it goes. If you gain, try eating it at a different time of day or eating something different. If you are fine, add one more new thing and do that for a week. You may gain a bit working out what what works for you, but you'll lose it. I gained 5 pounds figuring out P2, but I've lost over 90 since then.

Glad to have you with us, skinny!
Old 06-07-2005, 11:47 PM   #6  

Thanks for the help! I am frustrated that about messing up phase 1 so close to the 1 week mark! ugh...oh well I should remember this the next time I want to cheat!! I have been doing better being able to workout but feel really down about an hour after - I think I just need to eat something postworkout instead of waiting so long. Has anyone else felt sort of depressed or down sometimes on this diet??
Closed Thread