Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 08:54 AM   #1  

Smile

Good morning everyone! I haven't started a thread in ages! Where ar the UK ladies this morning?

Yesterday was so crazy! After work I went to the gym and them met hubby at the mall to pick out new glasses for him. His had broken on Tuesday and he can not see without them. He got temporary frames that look like Drew Carey. Anyway, it took forever and we didn't leave the eye place until almost 8:30. It was too late to go home and do anything about dinner so we went to Ruby Tuesday's at the mall. I got salad bar and a portobella mushroom sandwich. I always get it plain, no cheese - delicious. I did eat the fries though, and half the sandwich. I think I finished the day mid-range to max but I got some exercise poiints. I am still dreading WI tonight as I know I am way up from last week

Did I tell you all that I am going to my 5 year college reunion this weekend? I leave after work tomorrow and am so excited! I can't wait to see what has happened to everyone and to cathc up with my friends who live far away. DH and I met in college so it is fun for him too. We had a great time at his reunion last year.

I feel like I have a million thigs to do today - pack, laundry, gym, WW. Not much work though so I will get organized this morning.

Hi to everyone. Trish - Congrats and I hope you are feeling a little better.

Sarah
194.4/159.6(HA!)/153
Old 05-31-2001, 09:47 AM   #2  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

WOW... where is everyone???????? This is amazing!!! I am STILL the same 'ole. This morning I did take the dog on a 15 minute walk and did a little smidgen of gardening last night. Planted lettuce and spinach. Tonight I have to go visit my grandparents in the nursing home, grandma is 90 today. I do not like going to nursing homes at all. And my grandparents are in very bad shape too, so that makes it even harder. So I am not looking forward to it. Plus prior to it, my family is meeting for dinner.

Sarah... good luck at the reunion. My college didn't have one that I know of. Of course, neither did my HS class... 5 or 10 year. We are the only one that didn't. Had really crappy classmates!!!

Well, better get back to work!
Old 05-31-2001, 10:08 AM   #3  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello....

Yuck, is it only THURSDAY?? Dying for hte weekend here...oh well! What can you do.

Visited my neice last ngiht and when we left, her mom, my mom and me, she was crying and said "my family is leaving me! My grammy's and my aunties are leaving me!" It was so heartbreaking. She was so tired and had hurt her toe - she was very sucky (which makes me very happy b/c I get more hugs!!).

Had a good OP night - but I didn't have time to exercise - worked late and had to rush to my sisters, and bythe time I got home i was exhausted. I was in bed at 9:30 and still had trouble getting up this morning! AH

Kierie - glad your symptoms aren't like that - YUCK!

Sarah - woo - college reunion!! My 10 year high school is in a couple of years - 2003 and I want to be slim and successful - don't we all?? Yuck - that scares me that I will beo ut of high school for 10 years!!! OMG!

Jen - My gram is 93 but she is doing really well better than my other gram who is 80. Its amazing! Have fun and good luck tonite - it can be draining to see people you love in bad shape. I hate the homes too - have bad memories of visiting great aunts and uncles when I was little and all the people loved me (b/c I was a kid) - it was scary for me. I could never work in geriactrics b/c I get too depressed and sad.

Anyway, I better get some work done - bound and determined to have a nother OP day.

Belle

Last edited by Belle2000; 05-31-2001 at 10:33 AM.
Old 05-31-2001, 10:21 AM   #4  

Default Thursday...

Hey everyone! I had my 5 year college reunion in 1999...it was a blast! I highly recommend going...I missed my HS ten year this past year but heard it was fun....

Sarah-good luck at WI tonight-I am going tomorrow morning...I plan to run tonight and tomorrow before WI...I think i will do ok....I weighed myself this AM and haen't gained...which means i have probably lost b/c this week is TOM time....

BUT...I checked out my memorial day goal and am 4 pounds short....oh well....

Gotta start packing for the big move tonight-my elase starts this weekend but I'm not moving till June 23rd....

Bye for now-Lori
Old 05-31-2001, 10:29 AM   #5  

Happy Thursday!

Well, I stayed at 19 points yesterday, very proud of myself. I almost at cookies for snack last night, but opted for an apple. I am glad I made the right decision.

DH is sticking with me too, he is doing really well on the eating. I am proud of him.

It is suppose to rain here today, so I don't know if I will get in any exercise, but if it holds off, I plan to ride my bike.

Hi Lori!!

Belle ~ I know how you feel about your niece, sometimes when I drop my kids off at daycare, they cry, and it kills me!!!

Jen ~ My grandfather lived in a nursing home a year before he died, I enjoyed visiting him, but it was disheartening seeing the older people that had a hard time getting around. I have a real soft spot for the old.

Sarah ~ Reunions are a good time, I enjoy seeing the stuck up girls from my class get fat (hee, hee....I am nasty!)

Well, back to work. HI! to everyone that hasn't posted yet!
Old 05-31-2001, 10:52 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Morning girls
im skipping PT this am b/c my bc got screwy and its TOM 2 weeks early im popping a pill as i type havent eaten yet but i was proud of me yesterday b/c instead of havign a nummy tortilla chip i have nummy baby carrots
and it wasnt even like i made myself
i went to grab the chip and was like I ahve baby carrots in the fridge!
Im hoping mom will bring home ground chicken b/c i want to make this morrocan beef recipe a bit healthier besides whenever i eat beef i get sick

Sarah the reunion sounds fun I skipped my highschool 5 year and went to a party instead as for the 10 im prolly going to do the same Im out of highschool 7 years EEEK

Jen My gramma is 84 and we all live together
I cant imagine goign to a home to see her (i dont mean that in a bad way i mean having her need to be in one) so stay strong and she will be glad to see you

Belle and Tonya Woowoo OP GIRLS may you Capes flap proudly
I miss my lil cousin i ahvent seen her in about a year

Lori that 4 pounds extra will be gone in no time
Old 05-31-2001, 10:54 AM   #7  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Tonya.... I noticed that all the girls that were mean to my in HS because I was overweight... Well they are fat now and I am thinner than I was in HS. YAH ME. AND I HAD A BABY!!!!!!!! This one girl who was nasty, now goes to my church and is sweet as pie to me. Makes me sick, but also makes me laugh. She is way larger than I ever was in HS. Since we didn't have a 5 or 10 year, I haven't seen everyone, but amazingly, the ones I have are all overweight... OK I went to a small school, but still, what are the odds!!!

Emma and I are having a mommy/daughter day on Saturday, starting with my WI. Hubby works so we are two wild and crazy girls hitting the town!!
Old 05-31-2001, 10:57 AM   #8  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default I hate being busy!!

I'm here but I can't post! I feel so detached from everyone!! *pout*
I hope everyone has a wonderful day in case I can't get back online tonight!
Old 05-31-2001, 10:59 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

highschool is generally a mean time
esp if you are self concious
I loved the end of junior and all senior year because i didnt care lol so i just had fun
Jen Mom and Emma day sounds awesome!
Dont go off with any motorcycle guys
Old 05-31-2001, 11:43 AM   #10  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Ladies,

Just so you won't think I've fallen off the face of the earth, I wanted to let you know I have to take a little hiatus from posting.

My company is doing layoffs over the next two weeks.

honestly - I don't think I am at risk. I'm the only one here who does what I do.. so I'm basically safe. But to play it safe, I'm limiting my online time to under a half hour every day...

So you girls take care. I'll check in when I can!

GO AVS!!!!

Lisa
Old 05-31-2001, 12:54 PM   #11  
Parrothead

Default I lost at WI!

Well WI went ok. I only lost .6#, but still its a loss. I am dragging today because I played football yeaterday. I'm kinda glad it was the last game of the season. We really didn't have enough players so all of us had to play the entire game. I'm counting it as 3 points of exercise. I'm not as quesy today, but yesterday while we we're playing I didn't feel so good. It seems like I get more nauseated when I'm doing heavy activity. Does that sound odd to ya'll? Also I've been burping a lot (TMI, i know). Oh well....

Sarah ~ I have a reunion this summer for a HS singing group I was in. It should be fun. A couple of the members have gone on to Broadway so it will be neat hearing their stories. I don't know how I feel about my regular HS reunion. I had a good time in HS, but college and life has been much better. To be honest I can hardly remember HS. I have friends who are still focused on it, though. They can't wait for the reunion and they constantly talk about "remember when". Kinda makes me laugh! Have fun!

Jen ~ I hope your visit goes well. My grandpa is 88 and he is getting to be in bad shape. It makes it really hard to visit him. I want to remember him how he was and not how he is now. I still love to talk to him about his full and interesting life (great depression, etc). I just hope I learn enough from him before its too late.

Hi everyone else! I have to run, but I'll come back later!
Busy day
Kay
Old 05-31-2001, 01:18 PM   #12  
Eve's Mom

Kay - goodjob on the loss - any loss is a loss!! Woo hoo! I hope you get down to the bottom of this soon!

Well, my day is going slowly but surely - its only 11:17 here! Yikes. I think I might have a flu - I can't keep out of the loo - though I don't feel "sick" persay, just a little rundown and have very, well, loose bowels.....maybe the precurser to a flu?? Better get some echinacea!

Where is everyone today?? Lolly? Kirsty? Brenda? Emily? Ali, Steph, etc??

Belle
Old 05-31-2001, 01:50 PM   #13  
flibbertobbergenie!

I'm here, I'm here! Have been hard at work all day (invigilating in the morning, writing in the afternoon) and guess what? I FINISHED MY CHAPTER!!!!!!!! And I handed it in to my supervisor, so now I have half my thesis written (ok, in first draft, but what the ****?!). VERY VERY HAPPY INDEED!!! Blokey and I are celebrating tonight with quarterpounders (lots of salad) and this funky non-alcoholic wine-type drink my dad brought us, elderflower and lemon with herbs and sparkling spring water. Sounds yummy - can't wait!! And tomorrow will be 1 year to the day before our wedding so we are going to look at the hotel again (www.shillingfordbridgehotel.com in case anyone's interested!). So I'm a happy bunny!

Talking about reunions ... we've never had a school one, not sure if I would like it or not. It's 8 years since I left, so maybe there'll be one in a couple of years. I'll be married then! And hopefully Dr Lolly too. I keep in touch with all the people I care about, but I suppose it would be fun to know what others are doing. It's my college 5-year reunion this weekend, but none of my chums are going. Only 2 of us are still in Oxford and we decided we wouldn't go. We might go and hang around outside and see who turns up though (how sad is that?!).

Anyway, burgers are here, so I'd better dash - sorry didn't reply to anyone, will be back tomorrow,

hugs,
Lolly
xxx
Old 05-31-2001, 02:53 PM   #14  
A Yankee in Virginia

Default Hi, all

I shouldn't be here today. I was going to call in sick, but there was so much to do at work that I couldn't. So I'm sitting here sweating, sure I have a fever, and eating pea soup and bread. The night cops reporter will be here in 15 minutes and I'm just going to turn all my daily stuff over to her. Then I'll work on a story for the weekend a bit before going home early.

Bleh. I really, really hate feeling this way. Couldn't sleep last night either, although I was a little better the night before. (thanks to some different cold medicine that made me drowsy.)

Sarah: I went to my 10-year HS reunion last year! It was actually a reunion for all grades from my high school, and only a handful of class of '90 were there. I went to an American school in Germany, because my dad was in the Army then, and it's hard to get people together. But it was still fun. Like Joan Cusak said in Grosse Point Blank: It was like everyone had swelled. (like me, unfortunately. At least I wasn't alone!) I saw lots of people I knew and had a great time. My college class never did a reunion. The Journalism School did one a few years ago, though, and I went to that. I know more people from there anyway!

Kay: A loss is a loss! I didn't get to WI again today. I usually go Wednesdays, but couldn't make it yesterday. I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe being sick and eating nothing but soup and bread will help me lose! I have no appetite for anything else. That's good, though!

Well, back to work.
Old 05-31-2001, 03:04 PM   #15  
Eve's Mom

Kim - feel better! Sending healthy vibes. You will probably lose with the soup and bread. I am wondering the same thing - since everything I eat runs screaming out of my body.....oh well! I wish i could go home but I get paid by the hour....
Closed Thread