Old 06-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #1  

Exclamation Question about carb cravers

How can these things only be counted as 1 protein? why do you not break down the ingredients like, starches, dairy, etc? JW I'm am sorta confused about that... thanks to anyone who can help me! linda
912go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 02:46 PM   #2  
SW236/CW143/GW149

Hey Linda-
about the Carb craver meals... They are for people who just need those extra carbs. (like me) Although I try to only eat them occasioanly because I find that if I eat them a lot I just maintain my weight. I'm not sure how they can count them as 1 protien. Maybe it has something to do with similiar calorie counts or something. Anyway, if you eat them just make sure to drink TONS of water with the meal. My advice would also be don't eat them very often. Maybe once a week as a treat or something. I know that didn't really answer your question, but I hope it helped a little. Come join us on the LAWL LOSERS & FRIENDS JUNE daily thread. We'd love to have you.

Mandy
mandyd26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 11:43 PM   #3  

Hi Linda!

I was told the same thing as Mandy....don't overdo the CC meals. And I was told that they are meant to be used with the Carb Enders that LAWL sells - convenient for them huh? I have also found that I retain water if I eat a CC meal (Usually the pancakes), but the drinking of at least an extra two glasses of water helps.
solocat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2005, 08:29 AM   #4  

LAWL is an exchange-based program (as opposed to a calorie/fat/carb counting one) - so for those of us that LOOOOOVE our carbs, we can exchange one of our daily protein servings for a carb craver option. I'd like to think that somebody somewhere, with some actual nutritional knowledge/training, helped put together the list of carb craver items so that they more or less replace the calorie/fat content of an average protein serving...?

Fiona
vibrantecho is offline   Reply With Quote