Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2005, 01:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 239/197/126

Height: 5'2"

Default Newbie Question...

Hi,
I just started WW on Tuesday. I'm doing the Core plan and wonder if someone could answer a question for me. The way I understand it, if I have a baked potato for lunch I can't have one for dinner - but, I could eat corn on the cob for Breakfast, Lunch, and Supper if I wanted to. Is that right?

Also, is there an expanded list of foods somewhere besides the one that is in the back of the "Getting Started - Week 1" book? I have seen some things listed in Core recipes here that aren't listed. How do you know what's core or not? (Aside from the obvious items listed in the plan.)

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:04 PM   #2  

There is the Complete Food Companion that's available to purchase in your meeting. It lists thousands of foods, their points value, and whether they're Core or not. That said, I don't have one, and have managed to get by. But I hear they're great.

Welcome, and thanks for posting those easy dinner recipes - they look great!

Angela
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #3  
Melissa

Judy, Hi, and welcome to 3FC! This is a wonderful group who offers such great support. We're glad to have you.
I don't know about the "Week 1" book because I don't go to WW meetings. But the best way to know what is core and what isn't is the Complete Food Companion, which I'm sure you can buy at meetings. I ordered mine from ebay. It tells you what things are core/non-core and how many points to count for each item. The products are listed by brand, etc. so you can get pretty specific. You are right about the baked potato/corn scenario though.
I've got to run because I'm at work, but I'm sure the other ladies will be along soon to clarify. Most of them know a lot more than me!
Welcome!
Old 06-03-2005, 01:06 PM   #4  

Hi and welcome.

The only once-a-day Core items are potatoes, brown rice, and whole wheat pasta. You can also have a bowl of Core cereal with ff milk or yogurt in addition to whichever of the three you chose.

The Complete Food Companion has a longer list of Core foods, including a lot of brand-name stuff. You can get a copy at your meeting. Also, feel free to ask about specific stuff here. We debate these things all the time, and WW hasn't worked all the kinks out of their Core lists yet.
Closed Thread