Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2005, 02:48 PM   #1  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Cool June Chat

Hi Alternachicks!

Anyone got glue to keep my *** in here? (And to find Den and get her back too!)

Things here are going well. I have seemed to misplace my ability to eat sensibly. The good thing is my favorite fruits are going to be "in season" soon, so there is still hope.

Work has been going in cycles - really busy some days, others I don't get any email or phone calls. Some shake ups going on with Management around here. Depending on the outcome, I may step up my "new job" hunt.

Sis#1 turned 25 and graduated from College. Sis#2 is about to graduate from HS. Munchkin is getting to be a handful! But I am the dumb one trying to argue logically with a 2 yr old!

I have had fun planning what to do on my vacation. 23 more days, then off to sunny CA, and we (me & the boy) have planned a side trip to Vegas! I can't wait. I haven't been to Vegas. I will be gone for almost 2 weeks.

Other then that - lots of movies, family stuff, spring cleaning. Nothing terribly interesting.

How is everyone?
Old 06-01-2005, 04:31 PM   #2  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hi Squeak! Good to hear from you

Vegas! How fun! DH and I want to go there someday.

I'm doing well but I seem to be busier than ever - I could use a week to nap and catch up on everything on my "To Do" list.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:48 PM   #3  
Beauty, Brawn and Brains!

S/C/G: 298(O)/268.2(RS)/247.9.0/175.0

Height: 5'9''

Squeak - If you're in my neighborhood (SoCal), let me know! I'd love to meet you!

Work is heating up. Have you ever worked somewhere where you were WAY overqualified than your boss? I have that situation. She's the girlfriend of my "real" boss. I thought no one noticed that this is a BIG problem but it turns out that other people are starting to notice. And starting to say things. The big boss is also starting to praise me more than ever and he called me the manager of my area and that's her job. My bog problem? I know how much she makes and it's a freakin' crime.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I empathize with you Goddess. I work in HR and know what everyone around gets and its unbelievable. Sometimes I just want to scream when I see higher comped people doing stupid A** things.

Tiki.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:26 PM   #5  

That sucks! This happened to me awhile ago that someone started at more that what I was making after being there 2 years. I did eventually get a raise that bumped me up more than her but boy did it burn me. Especially when she was getting the receptionist to do all the jobs she didn't like to do -she certainly wasn't earning her keep!
Old 06-05-2005, 11:51 AM   #6  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

Mauvais - How are you liking your job these days?

Tiki - I may do I.T. support for H.R., but I don't really deal with the data anymore. I am glad I don't get to know that info!

Jessica - I hope the work situation gets better.

Just enjoying a quiet weekend. Caught up with a dear freind the other night. We decided that if we went to Vegas together, he and I would end up married! Just because we would drink a bit, and it would seem like a good idea at the time. Too bad he is already married (in Canada) to a lovely guy.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:41 PM   #7  

My job is better now thanks

I had a great weekend. I went to a garage sale (multi houses) with ellis and my DH and then went to an art festival with my parents.

Sunday was spent gardening and helping my parents put freshly painted livingroom together.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:57 AM   #8  

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!! GO PISTONS!!!!
Old 06-08-2005, 11:48 AM   #9  

Ummm... Tik, you are crackin' me up.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:36 AM   #10  

Okay girls... this is so weird.

Remember a few days ago when I was complaining about my immediate supervisor? So yesterday I was called into my real boss's office and he promoted me! I'm taking HER job! And she's moving over to marketing full-time. Woo hoo! I got more money and more vacation.

It was probably all those alternachick vibes coming my way!
Old 06-09-2005, 11:57 AM   #11  

Great Job Goddess!!!! And yes it was definitely the good vibes. It had NOTHING to do with your skills and capabilities and proven track record!! LOL

Tiki.
Old 06-09-2005, 12:12 PM   #12  

Congratulations GoddessJessica! That is great news!
Old 06-09-2005, 12:40 PM   #13  

Okay, so my boss VP Finance is highly educated, super intelligent and supposedly a very good manager. So why did this idiot make a VERY inappropriate racial comment to me, in front of the HR VP, on top of it. The HR VP had never heard the term so he didn't realize what had been said but I definitely knew what he was saying. I talked to my boss about it in private and told him I was offended by what he said. Of course he apologized and said that he regretted saying it the minute it came out his mouth. He kept saying that he had just heard the term from a friend of his and thought it was funny. THen he said "My friend is always saying crazy stuff. He's my black friend I mean and that's where I heard it from" like that was going to make the situation any better. The man is an idiot!

Tiki.
Old 06-09-2005, 01:39 PM   #14  

Oh boy tiki - what an idiot
Old 06-09-2005, 08:59 PM   #15  

Tiki -

I must applaud you for talking to your boss about it tho. It takes a lot of guts to say, "You know, that was totally inappropriate." Especially when it was personally offensive.

Last semester someone in my creative writing class said, "Okay, so no one here will get offended if I tell this really racist joke? Okay, here it goes..." I was like, "Hold up. I don't want to hear it. Tell it when I'm not paying to be here." A girl came up to me after class and said, "Thanks. I didn't want to hear it either."

Oy. I love that he tried to cover with the black friend comment. Typical.
Closed Thread