Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 08:50 AM   #1  

Smile

Hey everybody! I hope you don't mind me starting the new thread... but since it looks like I'm on here first today, I thought I would go ahead...

Haven't O!'d yet today, but yesterday I had a great success!

First, I woke up and did L1 before work. Then, I came home at lunch and did the 8 minute Tae Bo tape. Finally, last night I did L1 and L2 with a Denise Austin Tape sandwiched in between.

That means O! - 3 times!!! And, when I woke up this morning I felt soooo great!!!! My scale also showed two pounds lighter!!!

Other good things... I have been trying to work on my diet (so hard to do!) and last night as I was working late, my boss offered to buy a pizza and I turned it down!!! That would have never happened before! Then, I had this craving for a cafe mocha and an eclair, so I went to Barnes & Noble - and only ate HALF - then made sure I did all the exercises! What a great day!!!

Nancy - I saw your post on the other site - so motivating! I wish they would come over here, but at least they are planning to start a challenge on the other side. I think it's very helpful to do these!

Barbg - good luck on your new diet. I looked the book up on amazon.com and it looks like a reallly good plan! Keep us posted on your success!

Rose - hope you had a great Memorial Day Weekend and are ready for the 21 Day Challenge!!! It's going to be great!!!

Good Luck Everybody!
Old 05-30-2001, 05:42 PM   #2  

Default Wednesday--Day 1

Hi!

I haven't been eating as wisely as I'd like, but I did do my O (level 1) this morning, and hope to do it again this evening. I invited someone else--another Nancy--to this site to join the challenge. I hope I explained well enough how to get here!!! I had met her on the Oxycise site.

I am hoping that I will have as good of results on this challenge as I did on the last. I'd better curb my eating, though!

I have studying to do, so I've got to go. See you tomorrow, and hopefully can report then that I have done the O a second time today.

Nancy
Old 05-30-2001, 05:44 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Default REMEMBER....

how high I was Monday, well, that's how low I am today.
I went throught the motions of doing l2 this morning. I can't say I did it with gusto! but I did it. I plan to do the commuter tape on the way home. I'll write more when I have the chance.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:06 PM   #4  

Default 3x O!

Did it three times tonight. I remember seeing something, whether it was in the O! newsletter or on their website, Jill lost 7 pounds in a week doing O! 3 or more times a day... So, I figured I would try that. I know this morning I felt like the O! made a difference, so we'll see if that continues...

Nancy - I totally know what you mean about the eating! That is my hardest part too! The good thing is that with my boyfriend gone, I'm not going out to dinner 5x a week anymore, so that will help... but I still have trouble controlling my own portion sizes. I had thought that by stopping the eating out, the pounds would just melt away, but apparently, it doesn't work that way

Barb - so sorry to hear things aren't going well for you today. Fortunately, you O!d today, even if it was just going through the motions... But for some reason the breathing really helps on even the hardest days.

Well, tomorrow morning I will be on the road, and not home till late Friday night, so I may miss a post, unless I'm able to get some morning O! in early tomorrow...

Hope everybody is doing well!
Old 05-30-2001, 10:43 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Hi, I did do the commuter tape on the way home and put more effort in it.

Part of the problem I have had today was the results of my husband's doctors appointment yesterday. His doctor wants him to have the gastric bypass surgery to get reid of some of his weight. It's really scary to think about. Either having the surgery, or not having it! Keep him in your prayers so he can make a rational decision.

The other part is that I was so excited about the recipes in ths "Formula Diet" so I got up and fixed one of the breakfasts and it tasted like *$@**#! So I tried to Flush the fat out for breakfast and lunch, but for supper I tryed burning it out We went to eat Mexican food and I ate lots of hot sauce!!!

WOW Juliette!!! Three times in one day!!! I'm impressed. If I do it again before bed and count the commuter tape that will be three time for me. I'll let you know tomorrow if I make it.
Old 05-31-2001, 12:33 AM   #6  

Default Still day One

Hi!

It's me again. Just wanted to tell you that I got that second Oxycise workout in. Some say they don't sweat, but I sure do!

We're starting to get more homework now, so I hope I can keep finding time. I had to do 6 practise contracts today, and it's a good thing I did them in pencil! I kept finding things that I had left out, and had to figure all the financing over again, etc. That sure takes time.

Barb, don't forget to look at those sites of Dr Cabot's. That may help you find some answers.

Lucidone, I don't think I could ever make it three a day! I don't think I have quite that much energy, especially in this hot weather. I think it's supposed to be 109 or 110 tomorrow. It's been above normal all month...

Nancy
Old 06-01-2001, 01:21 AM   #7  

Default Thursday--Day 2

Where did everybody go???????????????

It looks like there are just three of us, and we haven't posted today.

I waited until evening, hoping to get my O in twice, but I only did it once today. I had homework to get done for my class, went to the doctor with my husband, and had potato salad to make for a potluck at work tomorrow. And had to clean up the dishes after making the potato salad!

The doctor says my husband is doing okay, and doesn't have to go back for three more months, so that is good news. And I had the nurse take my BP, too, and it was only 122/70--the best it has ever read when I was at the doctor's office!

Barb, how is your husband doing?

Let's keep going with the challenge. We all need it!! Hopefully tomorrow I'll get O in twice.
]
Nancy
Old 06-01-2001, 04:23 PM   #8  

Hi Everyone!

This will be brief seeing that I've been sick with bronchitis and can not do O! ! I'm so disappointed. It sounds like you all are doing great. Hopefully I'll be over this soon and get back on track. Keep Oeing everyone!
Old 06-01-2001, 08:58 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Default What..

is that old saying "the road to where is paved with good intentions? After sitting here and posting Wed night that I was going to O again before I went to bed, Did I??? NOOOOO But I have O'd every morning and done the commuter tape two days. I was going to today, but I forgot... good intentions again.

Well anyway I'm still on track
Old 06-01-2001, 10:21 PM   #10  

Default Day 3

Did O this morning, but there was a potluck at work today. A disaster! Even birthday cake filled with strawberries and covered with whipped cream. And Don wanted to eat supper out.

At least I got the O in, but I've got to revise my menu!

Will try to do O again tonight, but can't be sure.

Rose, take care of yourself.

Barb, take care of your husband!

Nancy
Old 06-02-2001, 11:10 AM   #11  

Default I'm Back

Sorry I've been gone. Had to go to Philadelphia on business, and wasn't able to post. However, I did get my O! in while I was away. On Thursday I got up there around 4:00 and decided to go for a walk with my free time, so I walked for thirty minutes and did the breathing at the same time!!

Yesterday wasn't as easy to fit the O! in. But, I did spend 15 minutes that morning blowing up a huge blow-up football, so hopefully that counts... I did it while contracting my stomach.

Today I am really not in the mood, although I'll probably do it around 1:00 or so... Have to work from 2-11 today, so I need to get it in before hand, or it will never happen...

Nancy - I so know what you mean about your husband wanting to eat after already going to a potluck! I think that's what happens with couples - I gained 40 pounds during the two years my ex-bf and I were dating, and this 21 day challenge is what's going to help me take those pounds back off!

Rose - so sorry to hear you are sick!!! Especially bronchitis - I've never had it, but people who I know who have are just miserable!! I hope you feel better soon!

Barbg - I visit that road pretty often too! For more than just exercise! But I know you'll keep this going! Getting that commuter tape in is really helping!!

Well, time to get on with my day! Hope you all have a great weekend and are able to keep up with your O!
Old 06-03-2001, 02:03 AM   #12  

Default Saturday--Day 4

Hi!

I did do my Oxycise today--once, and very late in the day--nearly 9 pm.

We went to Mexico today to get some prescriptions. We went through Yuma, and took about 3 hrs 15 minutes to get there, then we went back to Yuma for lunch and headed home. Gone from 7 am to 3 pm. A long day! Then I still had to go out to the health food store and the supermarket.

I hope to do better during the rest of the challenge. I haven't been eating well, and have only done O once a day. I want to eat better and do O twice a day. That is my goal right now.

It is now after 11 pm, so I'd better get off the computer and get to bed!!!

Nancy
Old 06-04-2001, 09:17 AM   #13  

Default Yesterday and Today

PMS. It's that time again. Ugh. And, it is really showing in my enthusiasm to keep this up! But, I have been able to do it! Last night I really wanted to do O! twice, but once I got into the second breath of L2, I realized that once was enough. Did my O! this morning too, so at least I'm still in the challenge, even if my heart isn't in it...

Perhaps I'll be able to do it again later... dunno... Do know that I have to work tonight, so at least I'll be getting exercise that way... plus, I mowed the lawn yesterday so got in some exercise that way too.

Weighed this morning... Down 2 pounds, although not sure how long that will last. It's the same 2 pounds I've been gaining and losing since I got down to 172. This week I resolve to focus on eating better, so hopefully that will help them STAY OFF!

Hope ya'll are doing well! Nancy, that trip to Mexico sounded like a great day!!! It must be so nice to live somewhere where you can just hop over the border like that!
Old 06-04-2001, 10:21 PM   #14  
Hang In There

Default Almost 1 down

We have almost made it throught the first week of our three week challenge Does that sound better than 21 days?

I'm still hanging in there I even O'd first thing Saturday and Sunday. I didn;t put it off. I can't seem to get motivated enought to do it twice a day though.

My poison ivy is finally fading enought that I went back to the pool this morning. I't been almost two weeks and I can really tell I've missed it.

So what do ya'll think about the new forum? Can we show out or what Does any one know what the close tags mean? Well I guess I'd better get ready for the morning. I must admit I did enjoy the two weeks of not getting up and getting dressed until about 10:00. When I go to the health club I try to leave about 8:30.But then I remember that it wasn't long ago that I left by 6:30 to go exercise. Boy it doesn't take long to get lazy!!!

Well, I guess I've played enough. KEEP ON O'ing!!!! Yea!! Way to go ALL OF US!!!
Old 06-05-2001, 01:19 AM   #15  

Thumbs up Day 6

Hi!

I'm rather embarrassed. I didn't do O yesterday (Sunday, a day of rest?)

I was hoping to O twice today, but ended up with once. I do hope that I do better tomorrow. I'm going to keep posting, even though I missed a day. And I need to start to eat better, too.

I told my husband tonight that as of tomorrow I'm not eating any wheat products. (Or dairy, but I didn't tell him that.) More salads, etc. I need to show some results!

I did the O with Jill on video this morning, and realized that I get a lot more reps in than she does on the video. But I'm not getting skinny! I wish I was.

Please pray about my job (that I will learn super fast) and our finances. I thought my husband would be working this week, but it turned out to be only one day. Summer school doesn't start until next week. I don't see how we can stretch that far.

Barb, how is your husband doing? Has he done a lot of research? Has he decided what to do? I've been praying.

Nancy
Closed Thread