Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 05-30-2005, 08:02 AM   #1  
Ilene the Bean

Cool Cool Runners #8 May 30-June 5

Hey Runners Wassup this week??

Last week I ran a total of 25k only so I'm going to bring that up to at least 30k!!

Today I may do treadmill intervals for a change...

TTFB
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 09:54 AM   #2  
Made my Goal weight!

Hey COOL RUNNERS

Well, I DID IT!! I did my VERY 1ST 10km race on Saturday night! WOW, it was AWESOME....AND I did it in the EXACT goal time I had set for myself....I did the 10km in 65 minutes! YAY YAY YAY I am soooooooooooooooo happy!

WHAT AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE....I can honestly say this was my first race, but the FIRST of MANY...I think it is in my blood now, and I can only get better at it!
Okay here is a pic of me stretching before the race, and then me with my boys after I had finished!(my daughter was sleeping-haha)

ANywho,
Happy MONDAY everyone!
Leanne
10km race FINISHER....hey, I wasnt even last I was in the MIDDLE
Attached Images
File Type: jpg leanne-10km stretch!.jpg (22.0 KB, 44 views)
File Type: jpg leanne-10km AFTER.jpg (15.1 KB, 41 views)
LeanneM83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:19 AM   #3  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Height: 5'6

Wayto Go LeanneM83

How awesome are you!!!! Great and you finished in the middle as well Woohoo I am vicariously living my own 10 k marathon through your accomplishment LOL. I'm happy for you and you look absolutely AWESOME in the streching and race pictures as well. The kids are a beauty. When you get a chance show the baby as well I'm sure she's a beauty although she was sleeping.
MrsDawsondn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:24 AM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Leanne -- Way to go , you look glowing in your pics...
Old 05-30-2005, 10:25 AM   #5  
Made my Goal weight!

HAHAHAHA, MRS DAWSON...here is sleeping beauty....

Leanne
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 000_1387.JPG (22.0 KB, 41 views)
Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #6  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Wow Ilene I never really tally up how much I've ran in one week but I'll be sure to start doing that now. Unfortunately I didn't run this weekend because I'd overslept but I have been doing my exercise dvds and vcr movies. I feel a little guilty because I haven't been running though. I am getting back on the wagon after 2 days and I'm going to run tomorrow morning as usual. Atleast I have been exercising LOL.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 AM   #7  
Made my Goal weight!

Oops, Sorry to post again...but I really was "glowing" partly because this was the most athletic thing I have EVER done (besides giving birth to my three kids) but ALSO, because I spilled MORE gatorade on me than I got IN my mouth....hahaha

Thanks, Leanne
Old 05-30-2005, 10:29 AM   #8  
5lbs fat vs 5 lbs muscle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM83
HAHAHAHA, MRS DAWSON...here is sleeping beauty....

Leanne
Oh she is a beauty is that red hair or strawberry blonde? Anyhoo she is just too cute! Congrats.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:33 AM   #9  
Ilene the Bean

Oh , so that's what the glow is sticky Gatorade
Old 05-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #10  

Quote:
this was the most athletic thing I have EVER done (besides giving birth to my three kids) ...

Thanks, Leanne

Oh, Leanne, ROFL ...

Congratulations on an amazing finish! You give me the incentive to go forward. I KNOW I can do this, too, maybe not as fast, but I can get it done. Wow! 65 minutes. Woo Woo!!

I went out for my 30 minute run this morning - actually ended up at 35 min plust 10 minute walk to get home. Then I did an UBWO with my trainer. Off to the baseball game this afternoon. Hope everyone has a Happy M-day.
ellenuw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:23 AM   #11  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Great job Leanne!!

My bf and I had a nice Memorial Day jog this morning . . . there were LOTS of joggers out! I had to walk partway -- we missed our turn, went farther than we were expecting, and as usual I couldn't handle the hill. But I recovered once we got to the top of the hill and made it the rest of the way home. I think the total was about 5K. Our weather is finally BEAUTIFUL instead of freezing or raining! I think it will be getting hot pretty soon though. Next time I run outside I need to remember to wear a baseball cap so I don't burn my scalp!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #12  
~ Natalie ~

Quote:
I DID IT!! I did my VERY 1ST 10km race on Saturday night! Happy MONDAY everyone!......I wasn't even last I was in the MIDDLE
Leanne ~ That is just AWESOME news. Thanks for sharing how well you did.

Exercise today: 2.22 miles on the treadmill...half jogging. Getting better everyday.

Have a super day everyone!

~ Nat
WalkingGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM   #13  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Leanne, CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm so glad your race went exactly as planned. Was there a finisher's medal for your kids to fight over (ok, maybe that's just my kids)? And your kids are adorable. I've seen their b-days in your sig., but looking at them I just realized that wow, they're even younger than my trio, and you're running 10k!
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 12:25 PM   #14  

Congrats, Leanne, great job!

I did my last "long" run yesterday, before my first marathon next Saturday. Stockholm, here I come! I've been doing a walk/run program, so I never really run for a long time without walk breaks. Yesterday I decided to see if I was able to run for 5 k without stopping, and I did it! 5 k at marathon pace (40 min) without walking. That convinced me that I will infact be able to finish my marathon, and do whatever I decide to do. It's more a mental race than anything else after all, and if I think I can do it, I will be able to finish too.

This week, I will take it very easy, maybe go for a short slow run on Wednesday, so that I'm well rested for my big day on Saturday. Wish me luck!
Anine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:10 PM   #15  

Leanne,

That is a great time for a 10k! It sounds like you had a great time too -- you look so happy in your pics!

I have a silly question but I have to ask - does anyone know how many laps around a track equals 1 mile? I think its 4 laps but I'm not totally sure about that. I have been running on the high school track lately because it's nicer to my feet than pavement. I've been running for the past two weeks but I haven't been able to guage my distance -- I'd really like to know the distances I'm running.

Have a great Monday everyone!
WazzuGirl is offline   Reply With Quote