South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2005, 04:28 AM   #1  

Default Upset stomach

I'm just finishing up my 2nd week on Phase I. At one point, the scale showed I had lost 8 pounds but it's been fluctuating the last week between 5 and 8 pounds total. This past week has been terrible, though, as I've suffered through stomach upsets with cramping and constant rushes to the bathroom.

I got away from the crystal light and other sweetened drinks and started drinking the water you all told me I should be consuming. I've really limited the number of sweetened items since I've heard that sugar substitutes can account for stomach ailments and frequent trips to the bathroom. I keep sugar-free jello in the frig and there's a box of sugar-free fudgesicles in the freezer but I limit myself to just one or the other and sometimes I completely skip them. Last night I thought I would die - it felt like I had swallowed glass and I could feel it traveling through my digestive system. I couldn't even finish my work-shift yesterday because I spent more time in the bathroom than I did on the phones.

Anyone else have any experience with this? It seems last time I did the beach I suffered through constipation and had to use Metamucil to keep my system flowing; this time, it's the exact opposite. My stomach gets very gassy and I can actually watch it "grow". After losing a little bit of weight, it doesn't make me happy to have to unbutton my pants because of the pressure on my stomach.
Old 05-29-2005, 07:44 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sounds awful, Jan. Usually any sickies are just in the first week as you detox. Please check with your doctor - sounds like you've picked up a tummy bug of some kind.

On a lighter note, congrats on the weightloss, whether 5 or 8 pounds! Phase II starts Monday!
Old 05-29-2005, 08:52 AM   #3  
Tina

Sorry to hear that! funny you should mention this though, although mine I believe is from the opposite, falling off of plan...yesterday afternoon we went and saw Star Wars and I was bad, I had some popcorn AND reeses...lets just say last night I REALLY paid for it. My stomach was KILLING and I also was running to the bathroom...must have been all of that sugar again or something, I don't know....but I won't be doing that again anytime too soon,

With the artificial sweeteners, I've experienced gas (sorry, )...but it didn't really hurt. Do you think maybe you caught some bug? I did have about one day of what you mention when I first started the SB lifestyle, but it soon turned over to constipation, so I'm not sure....but I hope you feel better soon!
Closed Thread