South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Default Thur. 5/26 Chick Chat

Crankin us up this morning! I didn't want to get up! DD does not have to go to school nor does DS but he WANTS to go! He gets out early but still I cannot believe he wants to go. Not much happenin around here today. I need to start packin for my trip to Mom's this w-end. I always seem to wait til the last minute! I am hopin to just leave from the doc tomorrow after I take DS to get his cast on. That should be fun! lol Well I'm goin for now. Have a great day all! It's a chilly 54* here this morning but headin to the low 80's.
Old 05-26-2005, 07:41 AM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

hey there! just a quick pop in to say good morning! so... GOOD MORNING!

I'm off to work. My kids are out of school for the summer now... went to dd's 5th grade graduation yesterday. She looked so beautiful! Now it is back to work for me... bleh... at least we are off Monday for the holiday!

I got some awesome news yesterday! It looks like my son's unit will NOT be going to Iraq in September, after all! WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!! i'm so thrilled!

gotta get going... hugs ya'll!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:42 AM   #3  
Tim McGraw FANATIC!

Early start to the day for me today. Came in to work at 6:30. It's only 50 here so far but supposed to get close to 70.

Picking my girls up from their schools and heading to the playground after work while the bee sprayers spray my house for the summer.

Going to be a busy weekend for us. Dance rehearsal and recital, parades, birthday party, and party at the lake. Plus my 11 year wedding anniversary is Saturday.

Have a great day at the beach, ladies!

WONDERFUL NEWS AILEEN!!
Old 05-26-2005, 07:44 AM   #4  

morning chicks!

having one of those icky mornings..doesn't help that its still gross outside...i feel like I need an IV of coffee....But on a good note i have tomorrow off ! and I get to start phase2 on sunday! woohooo.....hopfully i will lose some more..since I am stuck

hope all of you have a great day!!

<3
chels
Old 05-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #5  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning you all!

Bamie -- I hate packing so I usually do it a week before, lol...

Aileen -- wonderful news!!!!!!

Erin -- It's that cold here too, brrrrr!!!!!!!! Warmth and sunshine to ya!

Chels -- coffee sounds good...must go shower and get to work for some!

I went to Krispy Kreme last night to get the "craving" out of my system. HB mentioned donuts the other night and ever since, I've wanted them. Well, luckily I haven't started SB yet because I had a few but no dinner and plenty of water, which is the plan today (the water part). Only show a .4 gain so here's to hoping.

Looking forward to a nice long 5 days off! Yay for holidays.

Must shower and head into work. Hugs all!
Old 05-26-2005, 08:17 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Glugging my second coffee and getting ready to dash out the door~~~~~~~~~

It's sunny again! Be still my heart! I am going over to the Greenhouse in a few minutes and organize the Village plants in my carriers. Then we can just grab them if the workies ever get the 20 barrel planters in place throughout the Village! Can you tell I'm getting frustrated? They were to be in place and the banners up before last weekend! I guess it'll be next week now.

Jane comes at 12 today and I am NOT going to dash into town for groceries! I think I'll go out for lunch and then come home and do some planting. My knee is giving me grief but the support and Advil work for a while. June 7 can't come fast enough for me! I have a Fair Board meeting tonight that I can't miss so it'll be an early and simple supper tonight. Cold chicken and some raw veggies maybe.

Gotta get cracking. I'll pop in later.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:42 AM   #7  

morning, chicks.

yesterday was probably my worst day so far. i was glad to read a few old threads when people said day 3 is the worst.

i had a major ice cream craving, felt really tired and also had a few bouts of nausea. I haven't cheated one bit and I've been drinking at least 64 ounces of water. it must just be withdrawal symptoms.

to top it off, all day yesterday we had brownies, cookies, cheesecake, cream puffs, and other desserts in our office, floating aromas my way for a going-away party. i had a few nuts and some sugar free meringues. that was it.

here's to a better day four.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:47 AM   #8  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks it is gloomy and rainy here again today. I am getting so tired of this weather. Although you would think that being stuck inside I would get lots done. I have to get all my music taped for the dress rehersal tonight. It should have been done weeks ago. Tomorrow night is the dance show for my dance school and next week end is dd. I will be glad to see dance season over for a bit I need a rest.

Bamie Thanks for getting us started this morning. Have fun at your mom's this weekend. I too am a last minute packer. Hope your DS makes out all right today with the cast.

marinetubamom- great news about your son. Glad the graduation was nice. My dd is leaving middle school this year they have a dinner for the kids and the parents and then the kids have a dance. I am sad to see her going to high school. Hope you have a great day.

MallynAllysmom what type of dance does your girls do? Happy Anniversary.

angleshine hope the IV of coffee works. Have a great day.

jenne congrats on the up coming wedding. Enjoy the up and coming long week end.

Ruth Take care of that knee sweetie. Enjoy your day

Hope all you chicks to come have a great day.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:53 AM   #9  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

skyesque- I had the wicked headache on the first day. But this is my 3 or 4 time starting phase 1, there is nothing worse than the body screaming for sugar. Congrats on staying away from all that nasty stuff yesterday.
Old 05-26-2005, 08:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 155/150.5/128

Good morning all!!! Long weekend coming up, and the best thing after is the short week
Sky: Not a veteran at all, but just to reconfirm and offer support....day 3 was my worst as well, after that it was smooth sailing and I didn't feel even a pang of hunger with eating on plan. Hang in there!!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:00 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 155/150.5/128

Hey, little chick, I didn't read your post b/f I posted, but it looks like we have identical weight loss targets (and very similar progress)!!! Here's to losing all that weight!
Also I had a quick menu question for you beach veterans out there, I didn't want to clutter this thread with the questions, but if some of you get a moment, could you look at my other thread and give advice. I would appreciate it enormously!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:06 AM   #12  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Rain & wind stopped Thank Goodness! It was almost driving me crazy Couldn't get down to the beach to get my walking in. My weight is down again to what my tricker says,but I'm a little disappointed not being able to go down to the bottom notch of the waist high doctors scale: that we have.

Going back to the Mall again for another try on our gems, the man who we deal with wasn't there.

Have anice morning Hugs BB
Old 05-26-2005, 09:10 AM   #13  
gotta lose it!

hello everyone!! Bamie - I with you, I have some packing to do as well. Gotta go visit mom this weekend (it's a long one for me - I have a meeting 8-12 on Friday & then I'm free until Weds. evening!) I had a couple of scrambled eggs with salsa for breakfast & now I drinking some water - then off to excercise! Trying to be good, I've gained some weight - 1.5lbs.....ugh why is it so easy to make the scale go up, but not down!

I just want to be 15lbs lighter for this summer....ugh!
Well it sounds like everyone has a great day planned! See you later!!!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:12 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Goood morning Chickies!
Well, my kid's are officially out of school for the summer. Next year I'll have 3 in High school! Megan, my oldest DD, graduates from high school tomorrow night!
My sister is going to be here tomorrow as well, she's going to be staying with us for the weekend. I am so glad that the weather is going to be perfect all weekend here! We'll get to do the things we really want to do! Like Canoe, and hike! I'm so excited!
My first day in the pharmacy was interesting! I was out on rounds with another tech and there was a fire alarm. We were just about to get into the elevator too! We just stepped back and waited until they gave us the all clear! One of the other techs said "Unless your pants leg is on fire, just keep doing what ever you were doing" They apparently have a lot of Code Red's LOL
The most interesting thing I did yesterday was walk thru the Behavioral Health ward...we turned our name badges backwards, didn't want anyone in ther knowing our names!
I think I'm gonna like doing this, once I get the hang of all there is to do!

Bamie--definately chilly here this morning!! But it's gonna be a gorgeous day!
Hope you have fun at your mom's this weekend!

Marine--I know your glad that your son's unit isn't going to Iraq...someone's watching out for him!!!!

Jenne--I used to be the same way about Krispy Kreme!! After you get thru Phase 1 you'll see an incredible decrease in the cravings...I haven't craved anything! and I'm in my 4th week on SBD. At my orientation on Tues. they had choc. covered Donuts sitting out, and the girl sitting next to me ate about 3 of them...I wasn't even tempted!
Just remember.....Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!

Skye- you'll start feeling better...you just stick with it and you'll have more energy than you can imagine! I had a little bout with nausea too but it passed pretty quickly..if your craving ice cream...try a sf ff fudgesicle! they're delicious You should be very proud you stood strong with all those desserts floating around your office!

Everyone Else...I hope you all have a FANTASTIC day!
Old 05-26-2005, 09:13 AM   #15  

Default Day one of the restart!

Hi Ladies! Well, chicks it's day one of back to the beach! I'm pumped! At least until 3pm when the sugar bottoms out.

My daughter is visiting her dad for the whole 3 day weekend so I'll be really able to focus on myself and doing Phase 1 right.

Hope you all have a great day!
Closed Thread