Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:34 PM   #1  
Rose

S/C/G: 156/150/135

Default A lurker who finally joined

Hi, my name is Rose and I would like to join your group. I have been on and off WW for 3 years. I lost 40 pounds after I had my daughter and I am now still trying to lose the weight after my son - it seems harder the second time.
I was reading some threads and I was wondering if you guys are just doing on your own or are you doing the online version?

I was doing the at-work program but it ended and I would like to continue on my own until they restart it.

thanks!
Old 05-24-2005, 12:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 193.5/ 193.5 / 141

Height: 5'3

I Do It On My Own, I Got All The Material And I Just Do Weigh In's At Home And I Will Get On The Weight Watchers Website For New Success Stories And Recipes But Other Then That I Couldn't Really Afford To Go Or Online, But I So Far, Enjoy It This Way ! I Am Also Trying To Lose After My Second Child, With My First I Lost 40 On Weight Watcher . Good Luck And If You Ever Need Anything Just Ask.
Good Luck
Stacey
Old 05-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #3  
Rose

Thanks! that is good to know. I hope that posting here will keep me honest
Old 05-24-2005, 01:56 PM   #4  
Rose

I know what you mean, it is expensive. The At-Work program worked for me because I didn't have to make a special trip in the evenings and my husband did it with me but he weighed himself at home on my weigh-in days. (He tends to gain weight right along with me during my pregnancies) I love the success stories. They give me hope.
Old 05-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #5  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

I started with the on-line but I really need the WI you get at the meetings. My scale is just not accurate and I found the non-accountiblity of weighing myself an issue. so I go to weekly meetings but I am finding the support on-line and on this site to be just awesome.

Thanks to all!!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 08:04 PM   #6  

Hi there, I'm new as well.

My name is Dawn, and I first joined WW here in my city in July of 2001. I lost about 35 pounds between then and December, and then got pregnant for the first time. I had some fertility issues, and when I got the weight back in line, I think that helped with conception.

Oh, my boy needs me, I'll be back, sorry!

Dawn
Old 05-25-2005, 09:20 PM   #7  
Rose

It is amazing how losing weight can change your life. I had gestational diabeties and bad sciatica pain with my daughter (I was very heavy) and because I lost the weight before I had my son, my second pregnancy was easier. I do have to be careful now because diabeties runs in my family and because I had it when I was pregnant, I have a 40 -60% of getting it as I get older. The only thing that will help me is to watch my weight.

Dawn, how old is your son? mine is 1 year and 1 month, my daughter is 4 years old
Old 05-25-2005, 09:43 PM   #8  

I've been a lurker also and recently came out of hiding.lol This is a great place for tips and recipes, and support I've noticed. I do WW on my own, bought the books on ebay. I get weighed and measured every month at Curves. Nice to meet ya!
Old 05-25-2005, 09:47 PM   #9  
Rose

this is a great place! - I love the recipes and tips.
Glad to know I was not the only lurker
Old 05-27-2005, 12:47 AM   #10  

Rose2:

My son is going to be 3 in August. He's a delight every day, and we are so blessed to have him in our lives!

Dawn
Old 05-28-2005, 07:49 AM   #11  

Welcome, Rose. I'm really new to this forum. I posted an introduction quite a while ago, but haven't been back much since.

I follow the plan at home on my own. I don't do meetings or the on-line version. I was given all my stuff by my MIL since she is no longer interested in following the plan. I've been relatively successful, but sometimes I'm my own worse enemy.

~Tammy
Old 05-28-2005, 10:46 AM   #12  
Rose

Tammy, I hear ya! Sometimes I wish I could tape my mouth shut. I am a snacker, if I cut out all of the snacking I would lose more weight. I exercise 4-5 times a week but I really need to cut out the snacking.

Dawn, kids are a blessing! I have two and 4 year old girl and 1 year old boy. It is such a joy to watch them grow and learn new things. They do grow up too fast!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #13  

Smile Another lurker...

Hi all,
I have been lurking on this site for a little over 3 weeks now. I am doing WW at home, I bought the materials on E-bay. I cannot afford to attend meetings so this site has been a great source of inspiration and encouragement to me! I am a 36 y/o stay at home mom of a 6 month old (teething!) happy little boy. I have lost 8.5 pounds so far- the last of the baby weight thank goodness! My goal is to lose a total of 25 pounds to start- I would like to match the weight on my driver's license!! I like the WW points program but I still struggle with the emotional aspect of eating. "Having a rough day, what can I eat?", etc. I have been exercising, which is HUGE for me because I have a hard time getting going. I would like to continue to read and post on this site because I see a lot of myself in some of you ladies and it's nice to know that there are others out there like me!! Thanks!
Old 06-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #14  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

lurker to this board, but new to ww.

Ive been lowcarbing it for years, and have had wonderful success. But its time for a change. Ive been on ww(online) for about 3 weeks now, so far so good.
Closed Thread