WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 04:20 PM   #1  

Default "Trigger Foods"

Does anyone have any food that you can not be around? I have been doing so well, and then I bought those freakin' WW candies! Ugh!! The candies are only 1 Pt each, but I can not just eat one, I can barely just leave it at two. This week I have craved candy sooo badly. This is the worst week I have had as far as craving something....and I am blaming that candy. I just can not have it around.
Anyone else share this problem?
Old 05-23-2005, 04:50 PM   #2  

For me it's salty snacks, especially chips and things like Chex Mix. Thank goodness for lf popcorn! I also have to make sure I eat plenty of protein at breakfast. If I have something bready--even something like oatmeal, I'm ravenous for the rest of the morning.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:33 AM   #3  

Anything that tastes really good is a problem for me, so I have to choose foods I can have more than one serving of. Remember the suggestion to put FF Cool Whip on graham crackers and freeze them? I made up a tray and promptly ate every one!

The only help I've found, other than continuing to attend my WW meetings due to which my resolve has thankfully been getting stronger and stronger, is to have low point soup around. It fills me up, is a great lunch I can have seconds of, AND it leaves me a lot of points for dinner so that I can have seconds of that, too.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

I used to have major trigger food problems but now (Been on W/W a very, very long time) I have adjusted and you will too. My suggestion is to be very portion contolled. If you buy them buy only 1 serving packages (ifyou have to buy more --- hide or freeze).

I used to love majorly and could eat a whole box of ThinMints (you know G/S cookies) in like 30 minutes but I have had like 5 boxes in my freezer since we got them earlier this year...untouched.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:09 PM   #5  

Height: 6'0"

I'm like Cher123, I like Chex Mix and any kind of tortilla chips. Also, chocolate is bad one.
Old 05-25-2005, 02:48 PM   #6  

I am just beginning to tune into what are trigger foods for me. I never thought about that before Core. Peanut butter is probably one, I just loved having a scoop in between meals as a pick me up. I could never stop at one teaspoon though. I love cheese its and could eat them for breakfast, lunch and dinner. After being on core, I can safely dole out a small portion for a point snack if I have to, but I usually don't buy them (too early in my diet to bring those into the house). Anything chocolate.
Old 05-25-2005, 03:35 PM   #7  

Height: 5'7"

My trigger foods are potato chips, fritos, cheetos, tortilla chips, anything salty, crunchy. I do find that if I get enough protein throughout the day I don't "crave" empty snack foods. I've also learned to buy single serve packages of these types of things and that really helps.
Old 05-25-2005, 09:46 PM   #8  

Ice cream, the ww cookies and cream bars, I would love to eat them all.lol
Old 05-26-2005, 03:16 AM   #9  
I believe in Futures

Lately, I have been craving dairy like MAD! I don't know why, but I've been eating all kinds of cheese (swiss, cottage, pepper jack, etc) and drinking milk and eating yogurt...I don't know what's going on or what it means...but I can't stand it!!!

Last edited by purplebanana; 05-26-2005 at 03:19 AM.
Old 05-28-2005, 07:03 PM   #10  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I remember a long time ago, WW had a thing called red light foods. Same concept as the trigger foods you're talking about. I remember we had a meeting where we tried to identify foods that you could eat a little and be ok, they were green lights. If they could sometimes get out of hand they were yellow lights and the ones you can't stop once you start were red lights. I guess the idea was if you can identify them, then you know to stay away. I used to love potato chips like that, couldn't stop once I started, now they seem so greasy, I don't like to eat them at all. I wonder why?
Old 05-30-2005, 11:24 AM   #11  

Red face

Hmm..I think a trigger food for me would be ANYTHING with sugar. I am a sugar-holic. Any type of candy, cookie, cake, anything--I cannot stop at one..or at a small piece. I try to avoid sugar at all costs! I will usually try to eat a jolly rancher or lifesaver if I have a craving..sometimes it helps.
Old 05-31-2005, 10:26 PM   #12  

This is why I love this board!! It is so nice to know that others have the same struggles as I do. I bought a box of "lite" cupcakes, thinking I would have one a day (for 3 pts each) well, I could not stay away from them. They are gone now and I will not be buying them again. I almost wonder if it would be better for me not to buy the low-fat treats and buy the regular stuff, cause I can talk myself into eating more of the low fat stuff. But if I bought the regular treats I would probably not even touch them....does this make sense????
Old 06-01-2005, 01:12 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Trigger to me is basically any food I zone in on in stressful situations.

Could be a skinny cow (why did I buy them this week?), could be an open bag of candy (if it ain't open, I won't touch it), could be a bag of baked doritos.

Sherry,

I have discussed this with Melissa and Domina, sometimes when I put the TJ's chocolate covered bananas in my grocery cart or the skinny cows or the box of crackers etc., I think to myself "self - me thinks this will not last the day, let alone the week". Sometimes I put it back,sometimes I don't. You have to cut yourself some slack sometimes and sometimes you just have to put that box of cupcakes back.

How come I don't feel this way when I buy broccoli?

lala
Old 06-02-2005, 09:32 AM   #14  

Amen! Amen!
Closed Thread