Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 05:26 PM   #1  

Question Thinking about doing WW @ home

I am currently counting cals and have been doing so since Feb 2005. I have to say I am getting kinda bored with it and have stayed at my same weight for like a month os so. I have been to the WW site and was looking at the @ home kit and have been thinking about getting it It seems to be alot of $ for something I hardly know anything about. I am hoping that you could tell me about the program and what you like about it and so on. I have been told great things about WW and I have a few of the books and have ate some of thier food and I cant say enough about it. I would be greatful for any info you could give me

Thanks
Tara
Old 05-19-2005, 06:04 PM   #2  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

I have always found WW to be one of the best plans to follow. It really is a type of lifestyle change in the way you eat rather than a "diet"
I have been very successful on WW although I have had my share of slides as is true with any kind of major change in the way we eat. I have reached my goal on 3 seperate occassions and got my lifetime membership 11 years ago.
Once again I am back again to lose what I have gained over the last 9 yrs or so.

I do not blame this gain on WW but myself for not following what I know is right. They teach you a healthy way of eating but what we do with that is definately our choice.
I have been doing WW at home and have recently gone back to actual meetings . this has been working for me. I am loving the on-line part of it as it is just like having a daily meeting and has really helped to keep me motivated.

I don't really know what they offer in their kit for WW at home as I didn't worry about it as I had all my WW info from when I last attended.
It has been a very worthwhile program for me.

Good Luck
You have a great start and I'm sure that you can keep on losing whatever you choose.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:40 AM   #3  
Web Designer/Homemaker

Tara,

I've been using the at home kit for about 6 days now and I am very happy with it. I was a little hesitant at first about it also, because I didn't want to spend the money and not be able to stick with it. I tried counting calories in past and always got bored and just gave up. This is so much easier!! Once you get your kit and read all the info and there is alot it makes so much sense. Even though Ive been doing this just a short time its already easy to look at a nutrition label and know if its going to be a good choice points wise.

I don't even know if I have lost weight yet; I just feel like this program is really going to work for me. It really gets you to focus on choosing quality food, not just quantity.

I love Sonic HBs and when I got my companion book I found out they are a whopping 16 points for a double meat cheeseburger, ouch! If I do it the ww way that is about 3 meals if I choose healthy foods. I don't really feel like I have given up anything.

The kit itself is really nice, I got the one with the pedometer. I love the sliders that help you look up points instantly (activity and food). The companion books cover so much food and there point values its amazing. I even found Blue Bell ice cream, thats not sold just everywhere (texas and surronding states i think). I really didn't think it would be in there.

For the first time in years I actually know I'm going to achieve my weight loss goals and the ww at home kit is the absolute best purchase I've ever made.

I hope this helps and good luck with your decision.
Angel
Closed Thread