South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2005, 02:43 PM   #1  

Default New to SB, questions?

Hi all,
I'm in my second week of Phase One and struggling. Not because of cravings but generally not feeling well, weak and nautious. Has anyone else felt like this?

Second question, is popcorn forbidden in Phase One?

Thanks!

Last edited by AmySB; 05-19-2005 at 02:54 PM. Reason: New to SB, questions?
Old 05-19-2005, 03:51 PM   #2  
Working for the Cruise!

Amy,

Popcorn is not allowed on Phase One.

Generally speaking, weakness and nausea tend to disapate after a few days of being OP. However, if you have had a few cheats in it could be upsetting your progress and causing your blood sugar to rollercoaster. What have you been eating lately?

Make sure you read the book and check the FAQ section here.
Old 05-19-2005, 03:55 PM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

AmySB...Welcome! Are you sure you are eatin enough food? Enjoy your stay.
Old 05-19-2005, 04:11 PM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Hi, Amy!

First off, I think you probably should see a doctor just to be safe, okay?

However, those feelings certainly could be caused by roller coaster blood sugar as a result of cheating or eating things that aren't allowed. The fact that you are asking if popcorn is allowed tells me that you might not have read the book or read it closely. You shoudn't be eating any starches (that's bread, pasta, grains, potatoes, corn, etc.) or fruits during Phase 1. However, you can have some good carbs like bell peppers, beans, and tomatoes, and eating them can help you avoid the type of symptoms you are describing. Those symptoms usually last as long as the original detox from sugar, which is 3-5 days for most people.

Lack of water can cause the symptoms you are describing--are you drinking at least 64 oz (not counting soda, crystal light, coffee, etc...) each day?

Like Bamie suggested, you might not be eating enough. Are you getting in at least 1200 calories? Check out what you are eating at www.fitday.com to calculate calories. Are you eating your snacks too?

Post a couple of menus for us so we can see what's going on, and make sure you read the book. If you have the old hardcover book, make sure you read the updated food lists. You can find lots of important info in the Emergency info for Phase 1 that AdiaFaith compiled.

We're glad you're here...hope you feel better soon!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:24 PM   #5  

Thanks Ladies, I haven't cheated so maybe I'm not eating enough. I'm having a hard time eating so much chicken and salad. But, only a few more days and I'll hit Phase Two. I was going to try to extend Phase One by a week or two...but am reconsidering!

Thanks again!
Old 05-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #6  
Working for the Cruise!

Chicken and Salad? I would have a hard time eating just that too!

YOU ARE NOT LIMITED TO THAT!

Check out the post below for more Help on Phase I!
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58182
Old 05-19-2005, 04:58 PM   #7  
I can do this!

Amy, hon, extending Phase 1 is not a good idea unless you cheated at some point and have to start over. You need the nutrition in fruit and grains, and you will actually stop losing if you stay on Phase 1. Move on to Phase 2 when it's time.

Please consider seeing a doctor. None of us are medical professionals, and I don't want you to overlook what might be serious. Let us know what the doctor says, okay?

You do not need to eat just chicken and salad! Check out the Best Veggies thread to see why salad is not the best choice. There are tons of great recipes in the recipe forum...check out these:

Taco Bake (Mexican numminess so good you think you are cheating...): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38592
Chicken Divan (amazing...lots of broccoli and cheese!): http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48844
White Chili (great way to get beans in...have extra veggies on the side with this one):http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...257#post850257

There are tons more...check out the Almond and Parmesan crusted Chicken, the Stuffed Chicken breasts, and the Eggplant and Chicken casserole (in the SBD cookbook). Enjoy!
Old 05-19-2005, 05:41 PM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

And PLEASE read the revised Phase I and Phase II food lists in the Frequently Asked Questions Section (FAQ). Thta is VERY important.
Old 05-20-2005, 12:36 AM   #9  

Height: 5' 2"

Amy Welcome to the beach. There's a lot of great recipes here. Take care....
Old 05-20-2005, 06:07 AM   #10  

Hi Beachgal, I hate to hijack this thread but I noticed you said its required to drink 64 oz of water, not including diet drinks. Lordy, I don't think I've had ANY plain water since I started, I've been using Crystal Lite and Fruit2O. Please tell me this is okay!!
Old 05-20-2005, 09:27 AM   #11  
Michael Ann 1973

janswizard you really need to drink plain water. As Beachgal has said before, your body has to filter those drinks to pull the water out. Your body has to do so much work to make the conversion that you lose the benefits that water provide. Water is a cleanser and it helps your body to flush out all the toxins and FAT.

When you drink things like Crystal Lite and Fruit2O exclusively you still have the toxins left over from them that have to be flushed. If you have ever done Weight Watchers they tell you that you can substitute half of your 64 ounces with uncaffeinated, sugarless, uncarbonated bevereages, but this is not the truth.

I ususally drink 96 ounces or more a day. This will also firm up your skin and help with its elasticity. Water plump up your skin cells and makes them younger and healthier.

So Drink Up Girl!
Old 05-20-2005, 03:12 PM   #12  

Welcome to you! Hope you're having a great day!
Old 05-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Jans, try putting some fresh lime or lemon slices in your water to make it taste better. They won't affect your processing as much as the things in Crystal light and Fruit2O do. If you keep a bottle of cold water on your desk near you during the day (or wherever you are) you'll find yourself drinking quite a bit. It becomes a habit after a while.

Water does amazing things for your health and your weightloss. Chug-a-lug, girl!
Old 05-20-2005, 07:52 PM   #14  

Thanks, gals. I made a concerted effort today to drink water, as much as I dislike it.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:49 PM   #15  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

how about seltzer water with SF syrup or flavored seltzer?
Closed Thread