Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 06:36 PM   #1  

Talking Cake

I always look through the dessert recipes and get so depressed becuase theres all these great recipes for cake, but its in like a 9x9 inch pan, and makes like 16 servings, haha tell me honestly which one of us actually will only eat one serving? :P. I was just wondering if anyone has found a recipe for a fairly decent, or large size slice of cake, that is pretty low pts?
Thank you all,
Nancy
175/155/135
5'9ft
Old 05-18-2005, 07:25 AM   #2  
Eat well, Live well

Go to the WW desserts forum. You will find some posts about diet soda cake. I haven't tried it yet, but I bought a mix a couple of days ago and will probably try it this weekend.
Old 05-18-2005, 09:07 AM   #3  

I like the soda cake. And, recently I made a 1/2 size using a brownie pan. It was still yummy and not lots of leftovers to tempt!
Old 05-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #4  
Cowboy Up Chick

Lipbalm,

Take 1 boxed cake mix and use only egg whites or Egg Beaters for the eggs (if it says 3 whole eggs use 5 egg whites) and use only water for the amount of water and oil. Cake is just as moist and then it is only 3-4 points (depending on the cake mix) for 1/12 of a 9x13 cake. Top with canned frosting makes it 6-7 points per 1/12 of the cake (take at 2 tablespoons of frosting and use the remaining part of the can).

If you mix 1 package of sugarfree, fatfree pudding with 1 1/2 cups of CoolWhip Free (but then you need to store the cake in the refrig) you can have a 4-5 point piece of cake.
Old 05-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

another good recipe is:

1 one-step boxed angelfood cake mix
20oz can of crushed pineapple in own juice

Mix and bake (you can substitute 1 can of light cherry, apple or strawberry pie filling for the pineapple).

or

1 one-step boxed angelfood cake
1 box (4 servign size) of sugarfree jello (any flavor you want)

mix the 2 dry ingredients and add the called for water from the box and bake.

All of these make 3 point servings (1/12 of the cake) or 1 point cupcakes (24-36 cupcakes yield).
Old 05-18-2005, 01:21 PM   #6  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

Glad to see few dessert recipe ideas. I am scared to bake anything that may not get eaten right away. I am not usually a sweet eater but when you are told you can't have something (or in this case not as much as you really want) then I'm sometimes like abig kid. I want it more
Old 05-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #7  
DebT.

I make the soda cake, but I make cupcakes instead. I put them in the freezer so I can't eat the entire batch, and then pull one out each day for my lunch. 1 point apiece.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:25 PM   #8  
becRN

Just posted my favorite diet soda cake under the Sweet-n-Low thread. I can't wait to try the angel food cake recipes. They sound yummy too!
Old 05-18-2005, 01:38 PM   #9  
Cowboy Up Chick

Also check out the recipe section here and at http://p067.************/bkellysweightwatcherrecipes
Old 05-19-2005, 03:40 PM   #10  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

These sound like some great ideas. We are at a bit of a disatvantage where I live because we don't always have access to alot of low cal selection unless we go to the city Just one of the non-joys of living in a small town

Old 05-20-2005, 09:56 AM   #11  
CIN

A word of warning.almost all cake mixes.the mix alone is 48 points...without anything.................I dont have one on hand or I would check.......therefore..a one point cupcake seems unreal. I am just thinking out loud.I may be wrong....................but dont think so.Unless of course someone made 48 cupcakes out of one box.

Just check to be sure............not tryinmg to stir up trouble! i AM JUST SAYING DO NOT ACCEPT SOMEONES WORD FOR IT.CHECK OUT THE LABEL YOURSELF...OK???

The trouble with the diet soda cakes is there is a lot of cake there to deal with! Could be dangerous.

I like to think of cake this way:

CAKE IS A MISTAKE & PIE IS HIGH!

Sincerely
Closed Thread