South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 07:17 AM   #1  
Darrell's Girl

Default Tuesday talk! Tuesday, May 17

Morning, Everyone! I hope this finds you all happy and well!

I'm a bit disappointed today... first of all, i just can't seem to wake up

Second of all, I can't believe Charlie didn't pick Krisily on Batchelor last night. I'm really looking forward to Desperate Housewives this Sunday...wonder when they are bringing back Boston Legal? LOVE that show!

Anyway, nothing really to post about... getting ready for work..sigh...

Love ya'll!

Aileen
Old 05-17-2005, 07:33 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Aileen.

I'm awake and have been up since five. I don't seem to get a chance to start the daily most mornings so really appreciate the start from the EarlyChicks. The Girls are being pretty demanding about potty and breakfast and that's followed by Harry and his needs! Oy! Anyhow, the day is now underway.

Yesterday was an OK day as far as sticking to plan was concerned. I worked at the Greenhouse for a few hours and did get some laundry done. There's more to do today, of course.

It's sunny with cloudy periods today and I hope to get out to do some gardening this morning. I'm off to the Greenhouse in the PM for a while.

What's going down at your place?
Old 05-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #3  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning, Aileen! I'm with you on waking up! I didn't get up until 7:25, and I have to be at work by 8. I just didn't want to get out of bed. I'm looking forward to DH too. Wonder what will happen to Carlos? And what Mike will do? Hmmm...

Ruth, I envy how you manage to stay elbow deep in dirt in the spring. I looked longingly at our garden last night, but didn't have time. It'll have to wait for the weekend, unfortunately. I thought of you when watching ER the other day. They had sewage dripping from the ceiling (YUCK! ) and they called it a "code brown". Guess you aren't the only one using that term...but knowing you, you probably know it because you've been a nurse or surgeon in the past. Ruth, you are one amazing woman! Hear you on the laundry...I'm out of good bras. I'm trying to hide a racerback one under a scoop-neck shirt this morning...unsuccessfully.

Me:
Wow...I don't think I've ever gotten into the daily when there were only two posters...bet there are 20 people posting right this minute... to all of you!
I'm down to 213.5 again; that's a step in the right direction. Did a lot of exercising yesterday, so that was good. Made 4-bean salad last night and brought that for snack today, since I used my yogurt for my morning smoothie. Ooh, the smoothie turned out really good! I used a tiny bit of SF orange marmalade along with orange extract and French Vanilla SF syrup. Taste a bit like a creamsicle.

I have class tonight. I'm not really looking forward to it, but I keep telling myself that I only have five more to get through (six if they make up the one we missed last week...). I'm hoping that the assignments for the end of the term aren't as bad as I'm imagining them in my mind. I have to get them all done by next Friday since we're going away to visit my friend Ange (and her baby, Ethan!) and my last class is the following Tuesday.

I really miss exercising today. I was trying to figure out how to slip some elliptical time in to the day, but I know it'll mean tons of running around and I don't want to make my day any more hectic than it is. I'm going to run a ton of clothes over to the local consignment store today at lunch, or I would take a long walk with the dog.

It's really sunny out there but still fairly cold. We'll see what the day brings! Have a great day, chickies! :
Old 05-17-2005, 09:18 AM   #4  

Good Morning,

I am at work and just decided to try to post, for some reason I can. Yeah!!
Started Phase I this morning.

Scrambled eggs(2) with FF cheese and fresh asparagus. V8 juice.

Lunch: Spinach, mushrooms and tuna.

Weather is great, mid 80's. Finally got all of my garden planted this past Friday, so we could use a shower now. I planted, corn, beans, squash, cukes,
tomatoes, cantaloupe, eggplant,red, yellow and green peppers. Will plant okra in a week or so and maybe some sweet potatoes and field peas. Gosh, I am so southern and so live in the country.

Have a great SBD day!!!

Ruth, It sounds like the Greenhouse is your therapy. Glad the gingerale and milk helped. I have never heard of or tried this libation, however it sounds interesting. Hope Day 2 is great for you.

Aileen, I like your motto, one pound at a time.

Hugs and prayers to the rest of the Beach gang!!!

Wanda
Old 05-17-2005, 09:25 AM   #5  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Wow - Where are all the chicks?

Ruth - I know you are going to get that skinny monitor! Hang in there!

Marine - Morning - I don't watch the bachelor. I know it is a very popular show but I watched it once when Byron the fisherman was on it. The girls were in loungerie (sp?) and they were having a pillow fight with Byron. I just about puked. I can't believe that ABC promotes it as a family show. Look at me on my women's lib soap box. Millions of people watch it every week so it must be me that is out of touch.

Laurie - Well I'm on day two of my leek fest. Yesterday about 5 pm I thought I was going to die of starvation. I laid on the couch and fell asleep and when I woke up - I wasn't hungry anymore. I didn't even have my leeks for dinner. And I've got to tell you - I feel really good today. I'm not sure what the exact premise of the two day leek fest is but I know she said it is an old French tradition of keeping ones portion sizes in line. She said her mother did it and so did her grandmother. She does it two days a month to make up for any overindulgences. The whole premise of the diet is portion control. I can tell you right now that day 1 of SBD sounds like a dream to me right now. I honestly dreamed I was chewing on a starburst last night and woke up chewing on my bite splint. Tonight I get to have fish and steamed veggies.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:27 AM   #6  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Hi Laurie and Active!
Old 05-17-2005, 09:29 AM   #7  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

Little disappointed and depressed with my scale today,was hoping to say good bye to the 150's but it didn't happen. Stuck a this weight again.

Other than that We're going to vote at our local elections for new selectmen and an propostition for an extending the bike path from 1 town to the other.

Aileen-Didn't watch the Batchelor last night I was watching the "ALL In The Family" Marrithon(sp) They were funny,Laughed so hard my eyes were tearing.

Ruth- House work will always be there,Have a fun at your greenhouse.Wish I had beautiful flowers but I don't have a GREEN THUMB so I have to rely on pictures in magazines

Have a great day Ladies Hugs BB
Old 05-17-2005, 09:33 AM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning chicks

Laurie~~I was bummed out ,too! I really grew to like Krisily and she handled herself with such class last night. Happy to see that Byron and Mary are still together. I loved Mary!!!

Hello to everybody, don't have time this morning to post to all. Gotta go make the banana bread that DH has been asking for and then get out in the yard. I'm filling a retaining wall planter area with topsoil so I can finally plant something in it. Catch ya all later this afternoon.
Old 05-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #9  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Good morning chicks...
Tomorrow at this time, she will be in surgery..and I will be happy!!!

Off that topic...I went to the library yesterday..picked up some "dieting" books..like "dieting for dummies" and some other stuff...but, I did get the 90/10 Diet book..it is supposed to be good..I like to see what is out there. I LOVE SBD! but, I like to see what else is offered...well, I like the concept of the 90/10 thing, but you gotta see what kind of menu plans they have in there..it makes me CRAZY....maybe it was cause I was reading it late last night and possibly missed something?? but..it looked like they were stressing instant oatmeal (yeah, instant) for breakfast, toast for breakfast ...lots of fruit..okay, where are your good lean proteins and good fats and veggies??? I don't know...maybe someone else has read it and can give me some enlightenment??

I also got some books on meditating...I think that would be good to learn...because of stress etc. TM looks good..anyone here tried it??

Talk to you all soon..

I am bad today, only had my V8 so far...not really hungry..nervous stomach!

-Sarah-
Old 05-17-2005, 09:35 AM   #10  
beachbum

Laurie,Wanda, Active & Anchor We must have posted at the same time or maybe I'm a little slow in posting. Have a great Day Ladies Hugs BB
Old 05-17-2005, 10:13 AM   #11  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Quick post, I have to fit in a shower and run to the Post Office before I head out to substitute teach half day today. This should be my last time this year (although I could get called on Thursday.) Thursday is my son's last day of preschool and next week is my daughter's last day of school - I'm excited to have the summer here, I LOVE summer. That's why I think the only job I could ever have is to teach!

Day two of Phase 2 and have been sitting on the same weight for 3 days... Oh well. I'm satisfied with what I'm eating and not having cravings. I can't believe I forgot about my chocolate in the freezer until Laurie made that post!

Last night saw Kicking and Screaming with my son's soccer team. Cute, but not great. 4 year olds weren't super interested, unless they were playing soccer or someone got hit with a ball! My son kept handing me his popcorn so he could sit by a friend, and it wasn't a temptation at all. (It's never really been my weakness, but I always sneak some.) We took in some almonds to eat during the movie instead. I think my son would have preferred that, he loves almonds and pistachios but didn't eat hardly any popcorn. Guess I'm doing something right!

ummm... well, can't think of much else.

Have a great day everyone! This isn't one of those days where I can say Hi to you all!

Sarah - HUGGS to Sammi and you, we'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!!

Ta Ta Beachers... hang in there!
Old 05-17-2005, 10:57 AM   #12  

Good Morning,
I finally had my breakfast. Today is gray but I don't think it's supposed to rain. New puppy is sleeping. DD is with her zoo keeper. DH is resting. So I get the computer.

Laurie: sounds like you're headed in the right direction. I bet that feels good.

Sarah: Good luck with dd's surgery. :As for meditation, I like something called Mindful Meditation. It's sort of being aware of the moment and doing things mindfully.

Time to finish coffee.

Lydia
Old 05-17-2005, 11:20 AM   #13  
Working for the Cruise!

Morning Girls, finally got to move my ticker this morning. Down another 2 pounds.

Somebody posted that stress causes weight gain the other day. (I've been reading, just no energy to post). Well, it can cause more than just that in the midst of it. I've been dealing with more stress than a 20 year old knows how to handle and have since reactivated Mononucleosis. Yee haw ladies, yee freaking haw. Can you feel my excitement?

Anyway, diet wise I'm doing ok. No cheats, no treats, just no exercise which is frustrating.

I hope you all are sticking to it and having a lovely day!
Old 05-17-2005, 11:25 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. Sounds like you are all doing well with SBD. Keep it up...I know that you can all do this.

I survived my first day back to work yesterday. Really sorry that I didn't ask the doctor for 6 weeks sick leave instead of 3. I really have a lot of stuff to get done at home.

Don't have much planned here today - I can't workout yet, so that really shoots the exercising down. I am hoping to do small amounts of weight training and short walks, but can't handle much more than that - between naps, anyway.

Weather here is lousy - pouring rain. But, it is good for the garden, just as long as it clears up by the weekend.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Old 05-17-2005, 11:26 AM   #15  

Sarah (AdiaFaith),

hugs

Lydia
Closed Thread