Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 05-13-2005, 08:42 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Friday The 13th Chat - BOO!

Good Morning,

Just a quick starter uper

I have a class to go to from 9 - 12, so I'll see you later. But in the meantime heres' some fun.

http://uk.download.yahoo.com/ne/fu/a...bubblewrap.swf
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #2  

Default friday the 13th (may)

Morning.........off to work........be well!

Liz

P.S. (((((((((((((((((((SueMarie)))))))))))))))))))
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 08:49 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just popping in to say Hi and wish my pals a lot of good luck today!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

ooooooooooooooh what fun!
I love bubble wrap!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 09:53 AM   #5  

good morning gang!

looks like we have 2 friday thread going. Leenie put a fun page on the one she started up. might want to check it out!

Hey Ruth - so good to see ya girlie! what ya up to? hugs!

Hey Liz - hope you have a good day at work!

Welcome newbies!

SueMarie - hugs & prayers!

Anybody see Oprah yesterday?

Hope everyone has a very very blessed day!

hugs,
cathy

Last edited by cathyxxx; 05-13-2005 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:07 AM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Dang! I missed Oprah yesterday and it's on twice in my area! was it a good one? I was off yesterday and planting flowers in a desperate effort as it's been so cold in NJ!

will try to catch up on the threads.....

I've been good with my exercise, put in over 3 hours this week already, my ultimate goal is 6-7 hours....comb. of wts. and cardio....I am seeing the results in my buttisimo and my thighs, but my waist is annoying me!!!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:27 AM   #7  

hey marbles!
it was very good! I like to watch just about anything on diet & exercise & health and it was her and Bob Greene talking about that stuff. nothing new really, but I just find that stuff interesting. And that woman looks great! she is literally exercising her buns off!

Old 05-13-2005, 11:04 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Chicks:
I was in Tears last night, I had gone to PT and they have Mirrors that show the majority of your body so that you know that you're using correct form. Well we don't have full length Mirrors in my house. I was also the only heavy person there Oh my god I saw myself and more importantly My stomach and I wanted to die I felt like an orca I wanted to die. When I finally told DH about it he was supportive told me I was beautiful etc and I just broke down. I feel doomed. Sigh Sorry to be a downer. its just whats going on here.
Thanks for the ear/eyes
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 11:29 AM   #9  

Oh Keir....so sorry you got upset....at least you HAVE support at home with DH....I believe that my body is the only thing I HAVE to attract some company....(yes I know, its a shallow way of thinking, but honey, it the TRUTH for me....when i'm normal sized, I can pick and choose...put 30 lbs. on me and they RUN like the Roadrunner in the opposite direction).

put a positive spin on your experience, you ARE ABLE!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #10  

I love that kind of show too, it motivates me to work harder.....if Oprah can have abs, so can I! I see she looks good, no body stocking for her.....

OK I'm consistent with 3 hours per week of cardio/wts.....working my way to 4 hours per week......the firming up is a strange procedure.......(it must be my advanced age of 48).....my thighs are down almost 4" each, my arms are GOOD, very toned I can go sleeveless easy (if it ever gets warm enough), .....I do a variety of ab work and it takes forever to lose the middle it started at 37.5" now it is 33.5".....but my lower pooch is greatly reduced....SIGH!! I'll take what I can get.....I wish they had a mini-lipsuction I could do during lunchtime!

my doctor says it may be "hormonal"....I wanted to SLAP him.....
Old 05-13-2005, 11:40 AM   #11  

Height: 5'6"

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a wonderful day. I'm off to try this job once again, my knees hurt already.
Take care all. K
buddly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 01:36 PM   #12  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

I just saw a black cat right outside my window I told it to get lost, or I'd sic my dog on it

Leenie: I love bubble wrap! Did you try it in "manic mode"? And did you check out the voice at the beginning: whispering: must have more!

Cathy: Payday again! I'm sure you must be busy

Liz: How are you today?

Kierie: Don't beat yourself up!! Listen to your DH-you ARE beautiful!

SueMarie: My heart and my prayers go out to you! I work with young children (K-2nd) in a church ministry. It's sad that even at church we have to go through so many procedures and rules in dealing with children. There are people out there who would take advantage of our kids; but thank God, they're a very small group. I don't believe that all the hard work and dedication that you put into getting a teaching certificate is going to be for nothing. Cry and be angry, but DON'T GIVE UP ON YOURSELF!!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:52 PM   #13  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Sue Marie, hang in there. I read all your posts just now---man, that is rough. But just hang in there, you know the truth.

Kier, I can really sympathize with you. I avoid mirrors right now. Thank goodness you have support. And the truth is that you are beautiful.

I did my live resume on Wednesday and it went really well. I did a two minute presentation and all the employers got my written resume as well. I got a lot of positive feedback and a few leads about jobs, so it was definitely worth it. I then drove two and a half hours (each way) to pick my son and his fiance up from the airport. I waited around at the airport for a couple of hours. I didn't realize it took so long for someone to get off an international flight---customs and all that. Since then I have been running low on energy. Need to get it back so I can follow up on some job stuff. Hope everyone is well and having a good day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 03:58 PM   #14  

Hey Kathy!! You sound like a different person since you started this preparation for finding a job....very POSITIVE and I sense self-assurance!!!! Congratulations, I bet you will be a *star* when you find something, any employer will see it for sure.

Enjoy your weekend and recharge your batteries......Good Luck!