Closed Thread

Old 05-12-2005, 03:02 PM   #1  

Exclamation Recipe of the Day: Lemon Chicken

I am making this today. I can't say how it tastes yet, but it SMELLS fabulous!!

Lemon Chicken

Description:
"This is the juiciest chicken you will ever eat. Fresh lemon juice
and grated lemon zest help to create a full-flavored, slightly tangy
broth that's perfect to spoon over the bird."

Recipe By : WW Slow Good Cookbook
Serving Size : 6

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 3 pound chicken
1/4 cup fat-free chicken broth
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel

Combine the garlic, oil, oregano, salt and pepper in a bowl. With fingertips, gently separate the skin from the meat on the breast, thighs, and legs of the chicken. Rub half the garlic mixture on the meat under the skin. Rub the remaining garlic mixture in the cavity of the chicken.

Spray a large nonstick skillet with nonstick cooking spray and set over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, breast-side down, and cook, turning frequently, until browned, 6-8 min. Transfer the chicken to a 5 or 6 quart slow cooker. Add the broth to the skillet; bring to a boil, stirring constantly to scrape the brown bits from the bottom of the skillet. Add 1 T of the lemon juice; pour the broth mixture over the chicken. Cover and cook till the chicken is fork-tender, 3-4 hours on high, or 6-8 hours on low.

About 20 min before the cooking time is up, combine the remaining 2 T. lemon juice and the lemon zest in a bowl. Stir the lemon mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until fragrant, about 15 min.

Transfer the chicken to a platter, discard the skin and wings. Remove any fat from the broth.
Old 05-13-2005, 10:39 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Angela, how was this? I think my family would like it.
Old 05-13-2005, 12:03 PM   #3  

It turned out very moist and yummy. I really liked the sauce with the chicken, and it was good on my green beans too. The only thing I thought was missing was salt. It seemed a tad bit bland, but then again, I'm a bit of a salt-fiend.

Angela
Old 05-16-2005, 12:24 PM   #4  

I have this cooking at home, right now. Glad to hear it was good. It certainly smelled good when I was getting the chicken ready to go in the pot. I may even indulge in some mashed potatoes.
Closed Thread