UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 05-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #1  

Default Is Weetabix a WW Core Food?

I live in the U.S. and Weetabix is my favorite cereal (thanks to my Aussie ex-boyfriend). No one here knows much about it, but I was hoping the U.K. board might know.

This link is to the U.S. nutritional label, but I'm not sure if its considered a Weight Watchers Core Food.

http://www.barbarasbakery.com/produc...94&category=26

Thanks!
WooChx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2005, 03:15 PM   #2  
Queen of Chaos!

Hi there, sorry I have no idea about "core foods" because the WW system in the UK is very different from the US version.
I suggest that you email WW uk and ask if they can find out for you, or try the WW community message boards as I know there are a few ex-pat's that post on there.
Hope this helps!
mysticvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 04:06 AM   #3  

I had a look on the weight watchers australia site but there was no clue there either. You could try emailing them as well. English weet-a-bix and Australian weet-bix are different (and the Australian ones are better - but don't tell my English boyfriend that!!!)
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 03:27 PM   #4  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

My mum is a Weight Watcher, I think how it goes is this... It's a core food if you have it for your breakfast, like 2 sl of toast would be a core food when you have them for brekky. If you have them at any time other than mealtimes then you have to count them in as extra points!

Sounds bonkers to me, but if it works, who am I to argue!?
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 04:47 PM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Why not post the question here in the 3FC forum in the Weight Watchers CORE Forum? I'm sure they'll have the answer.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:20 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 216/193.5/130

It is on the "No Count" list which as far as I can see is the equivalent of your "Core" programme. But don't blame me if it isn't allowed for you.
WillowFae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 06:21 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2frustrated
My mum is a Weight Watcher, I think how it goes is this... It's a core food if you have it for your breakfast, like 2 sl of toast would be a core food when you have them for brekky. If you have them at any time other than mealtimes then you have to count them in as extra points!

Sounds bonkers to me, but if it works, who am I to argue!?
If your mum is doing the UK version - i.e. No Count - then toast isn't allowed at anytime without pointing it. So if she is having it and not counting it then she is doing it wrong.

And it's not really bonkers. The idea is to get you eating 3 healthy nutritious meals a day. Of course you can eat between meals, but only on fruit and veg. Anything else you point. So you can have a bag of lowfat crisps (1.5 points) per day in the middle of the afternoon or something, but you can't have a big chunky Yorkie bar (8 points) per day. Like I said, it's healthy eating.

Last edited by WillowFae; 05-19-2005 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-19-2005, 07:55 AM   #8  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

I think she's still doing pure points! I know it's healthy eating but the system that says you can have weetabix for breakfast and it's no points but if you have it at 3pm it's however many points it is....

It's that that confuses me!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 08:26 AM   #9  

Hmm. That's not any current WW system - nor is it the pure points system that existed before it (nor 123 that was before that)
Old 05-21-2005, 08:18 AM   #10  

Weetabix is on the No Count list, so you can have it as a meal with skimmed milk, I suppose you have to count sugar if you have it. On any other WW system, you have to count it, no matter what...... Not that I have had the courage to try out No Count !
taichilady is offline   Reply With Quote