Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-12-2005, 12:16 PM   #1  

Default Living maintenance - lessons learned in one year

Hi, dear mainteners,
Today is my first anniversary on maintenance - you might think that it is not much, but for me it is a milestone... My father always taught me on anniversaries to summarize what good and what bad experiences we had, so here it goes.

Good ones :
1. It is darn plesant to be slim - especially when people notice .
2. While loosing weight means we are getting smaller, maintaining means we stay the same - hopefully - so going shopping for new clothing even though your size stays the same is a good thing !
3. Eating healthy feels good - like your stomack works fine, bloating does not occur every day, and actually feeling after you finished your food and not bursting from overeating - is a good feeling .
4. Exercise is addictive - after first couple of month we crave exercise which makes it very easy to do. And we look better when exercising .
5. We can perform better in leasure - like we can bike, hike, walk, etc. without beeing either left home or hanging at the end praying that we can do it !
6. Going to the beach is a good thing - not a dread anymore .
7. When people tell you that you look great - it is rewarding ...

Bad ones :
1. Maintaining is hard - everybody has to have a motivation ...
2. Sometimes there is not enough hours in the day to exercise ...
3. After loosing fat layer, it is colder (Gosh, I freeze all the time)
4. Because of drinking a lot of water, we have more trips to the bathroom.
5. Since all what we put in the mouth counts, sometimes it is sad that we can not put all we want in the mouth (this internal gemini sure works hard so we screw up and eat more cake than we actually need)
6. I do not know how about you, but people who were overweight do tend to think they are still not perfect... Yesterday I was in the gym with my gym buddy - she is 5 years younger and just got married, no kids... She has this GORGEOUS body... So she stepped on the scale, and later on I did. Guess what - we had the same weight while she is one inch shorter - and here I am blaming myself that I am too fat! And I did not celebrate this moment with sugar or chocolate - I did more biceps curls

Anyways, today is daughter's birthday - she is turning 4. I bought Tim Bits for her party at the preschool and left them in the car - I guess they are safer there... What do you think?

Sandy.
Sashenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:42 AM   #2  
Ilene the Bean

Sandy CONGRATS!!
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 09:45 PM   #3  
Old Cackler

<what's a timbit???>

and those thoughts/lessons are absolutely fabulous!

thank you!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2005, 10:35 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW160/SW 156/CW125/GW120ish

Height: 5'2"

Congrats Sandy!

(jiffypop--timbits are doughnut holes from Tim Hortons, the biggest coffee/doughnut store chain in Canada. You're probably better off not knowing about them though.)
Only Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2005, 06:00 PM   #5  

Congratulations Sashanka, it has been a real pleasure getting to know you as you achieved your goal and now as you continue your success by maintaining it.

I will look forward to hearing your reflections at your 2nd anniveresary.

Good Job,
Evangeline
EofAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2005, 01:29 PM   #6  

Sash I just caught this post. Congrats!
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote