Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2005, 09:30 PM   #1  

Default We're Living the Dream on Core Board Seventeen! (#17)

Hi all. Thought I'd start a new thread because the old one was getting pretty long.

Well, at my weigh-in, I was up 1 pound, but it's OK, because ....

I MADE LIFETIME!!!

I'm attaching pictures of before and after. In my after picture, I'm in the middle with my leader Betty on my right and my Mom on my left. My dh, my 3 girls, and my younger sister were there to see me get the award too.

I'm going to make some celebratory popcorn (don't worry, I won't do it every day!) and watch Lost. Hope all you AI fans are enjoying yourselves this evening.

Angela
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Before.JPG (18.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg After.JPG (28.3 KB, 96 views)
Old 05-11-2005, 09:33 PM   #2  
Melissa

You skinny lady!!!!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:43 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Congratulations!!! That is so awesome!!

You are such an inspiration -- and shows me that it CAN be done and maintained!
Old 05-11-2005, 09:50 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Exclamation Angela Does It!

CONGRATULATIONS ANGELA -

way to go - you look absolutely TINY! Hope you enjoyed the evening!

Frouf

P.s. Yes I was posting on #16 - when you snuck in here! ha ha ha

Last edited by Froufy; 05-11-2005 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:48 AM   #5  
focused and aiming

angie, what a cute photo! and you're tiny, girl! that is sooooo impressive. congratulations on getting to lifetime. you've worked hard. now enjoy the fruits. (pun intended) we watch lost, too. what do you think's in the thingee?

okay, i'm heading to 16 to see what frouf posted. i'll catch ya'll later.
Old 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM   #6  
focused and aiming

linda and frouf, thank you for the encouraging words. we've been having some family tensions associated with placing mil in a nursing home. dh was on the phone a long time tonight with siblings and got most of it worked out. it was really bothering me (and stressing me) to see dh upset and stressed. plus, i'm thinking i'm prob going to have foot surgery. exercise? oh no! i don't want to just sit down and grow wider! as zig ziglar says, "today really does end at midnight." tomorrow will be better.

i did manage to stay on my diet with very little tweaking. life is good.

have a thirsty thursday, girls. drink your water.
Old 05-12-2005, 06:16 AM   #7  
Closed

Angela Congrats !!! way to go!!! I can hardly believe that FIRST photo is even you!!!
You look fantastic!!! Be proud, be very proud!!!!

Talk to you all later.........Linda
Old 05-12-2005, 07:51 AM   #8  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, Wow! Congratulations! I just knew that you would do it. The transformation is amazing...just like a butterfly. You should be very proud of yourself for this accomplishment. I'm very happy that you've decided to stay with us. I was hoping that you wouldn't leave to go join a maintenance board. No way you and your Mom could ever deny each other! I'm sure your whole family is very proud of you too. You certainly deserved some celebratory popcorn.

Melissa, just be as Core as possible. I couldn't make myself eat beans and rice every day but as far as the program goes, I'm sure you'd lose weight. I'll pray that your DH gets the job he wants. Rely on each other for support and just do the best you can.

Sandra, I had to place my own Mom in a nursing home after promising her in my early years that I would NEVER do so. She just wasn't safe anymore with the Alzheimers. Sometimes you just have to do what is best for them. Having said that though, I'm probably still sporting at least 20 pounds from that little task. Hope things calm down soon for you.

Kath, I'm glad you have the appointment soon. At least you'll bet some better answers than you can get from your regular doctor.

No big plans for me today except for weigh in. Scale is up this morning after being down for the last 2 days. Go figure. Can't control it so I'll just have to hope that it doesn't go up much during the day. Gonna try to exercise early so I'll talk with you all later this afternoon.
Old 05-12-2005, 08:47 AM   #9  

My goodness, Vickie ... you're up early this morning! Forget about that silly scale ... I think you'll have a good WI tonight. Terry seems to think my blinks work wonders so here are a few for you! I do hope you have the wonderful WI you deserve though. And I'm sorry about Anthony ... he really didn't deserve to go last night. I know you're bummed to lose your favorite.

Let's see, Vickie, if you are worried about terrorism issues, 24 will most probably cause you many sleepless nights. And the good, old government counter-terrorism unit on 24 doesn't exactly inspire confidence, does it? But of course, it is a TV show, so we have to take it with a grain of salt, right? The second season is about a bomb being set to go off somewhere ... maybe in Los Angeles, but I really can't remember. The third season is about a chemical agent being spread throughout Los Angeles. And of course, this year is about a nuclear warhead or warheads being detonated. I think out of all the seasons the third season was my favorite but this year has been pretty good too but the second season wasn't bad. I will warn you that Jack does some pretty violent things in these subseqent years though so keep that in mind too if you decide to risk the nightmares and watch them!

Angela, it is astounding the difference that 40 pounds made in your appearance! You look so incredible and Vickie, is right ... you ARE your mother's daughter! I know she is so proud of you and I feel sure that with you as her role model it won't be many months before she'll be joining you for her lifetime honors. We are proud of you! Congratulations again!

Terry, 2.6 pounds!! Girl, you are a non-stop losing machine. Congratulations! I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and start incorporating those LO foods into my diet ... that MUST be what is doing the trick! I had to laugh when Vickie asked you about that the other day ... it took me the LONGEST time to figure out that meant leftover. I was racking my brain, trying to think if that was something like Lean Cuisine or some kind of brand name or something! Let us know how you like your Core ball thing. I have one of those blow-up exercise ball things that I've never used. If you like yours, maybe I'll give this one a whirl.

Kathy, I'm so glad you were finally able to get an appointment. Even if most of your symptoms are gone, hopefully, the neurologist can shed some light on what might be triggering the episodes.

Sandra and Melissa, sorry you are both struggling with tough times right now ... you know we are here to listen to you rant and rave any time you feel the need to! Hope things improve for both of you!

Linda, I'm sorry your job continues to be non-stop stress. That has got to make things so much harder ... and knowing how much you love your little lizard friends, I'm sorry you have to deal with that every day when you get the mail! I like what Sandra said in her earlier post about the day really does end at midnight. We can always hope that the next day will be better! I hope you have a great Thursday!

Melissa, I'm with your mom ... you've been feeling sick for a long while now. It sure sounds like morning sickness to me, but if you happen to get TOM in the next few days, I do think you should schedule a physical with the doctor. In the meantime, just eat the best you can! And if you are pregnant, congratulations! Even though the timing may not seem like the best with DH's job situation, you DO have that big raise coming and God knows what is best for the both of you right now!

Vivian, enjoy your vacation! Be sure to check in with us when you return.

Cher, I'm glad you're feeling better about the approach you and DH are going to take with DS. Wow, I can't imagine not having a television either! My DH and DD wouldn't know what to do with themselves! When we were without power for a week after the hurricane this past September, they were 2 lost souls, grumbling about missing their television programs!

Froufie, I am trying to wrap my mind around a temperature range of 70+ degrees at lunchtime yesterday and -1 degrees last night!!! Holy cow! And then back up in the 50's today!! Unbelievable!! I thought about you last night since they showed the Canadian Snow Birds airplanes practicing on the news last night. I guess they are in town with the Blue Angels and the Thunderbirds and all the military precision flying jets practicing this week. I never get tired of watching those planes. It's unfathomable to me how they can fly so very close to each other! I hope you are having a good week. I know you are non-stop, on the go ... as you always are ... but it sounds as though DH and DD are behaving themselves. I sure hope so since you are long overdue for a nice, tranquil spell!

Lisa, hope you are continuing to hold everything together as you prepare for DD's dance recital!

Nothing much going on for me. DD has her final choral performance of the school year tonight so DH and I are looking forward to that. Still eating well ... did have a snack size bag of M&M's last night but I enjoyed it and don't feel too guilty about succumbing to the temptation! I am actually planning to eat something VERY bad this weekend when we go gambling. It is so bad that I won't even mention it ... just go ahead and get out the rolling pins and beat me now!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:00 AM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Deborah, thanks for the 24 review. Knowing me, I could not watch those subject matters without worrying. I guess I'll move on to Season 3 of the Gilmore Girls (thanks to my Niece who got it for her Bday!) and I have the complete North and South. That should keep me busy for a long while.

Congrats on your continued eating on plan. It seems to get easier as time passes. I really think I am beginning to change my tastes. I took a small bite of Jim's birthday cake at our friends house and it was disgustingly sweet. Hmmmmm. Hope it continues. Enjoy your gambling. I kind of have it in my blood right now. We are going back on the 18th for a free money drawing and we also have another free buffet that we might use. Since both of our birthdays are in May we each get a free buffet for 2.

We went from 70's yesteday to high 40's within an hour's time yesterday. I went out in sandals and capris for lunch and PT and looked like an idiot by the time we came home! Today it is chilly and rainy. What is up with the weather?!
Old 05-12-2005, 09:19 AM   #11  

Vickie, I'm with you on the weather! It was pushing 80 just a day ago, and now it's 42. Yowza! Good thing I didn't put the kids' warmer clothes away yet.

Dd is finally going back to preschool today. She's SO excited that she's not stuck in the house one more day. Looks like her medicine is working. Yay for pharmaceuticals!

You know, I got to thinking about it, and I think a big reason I made Lifetime was the support of you all here on the board. It's so inspirational to come here several times every day and see everyone overcoming their struggles. And you guys are so encouraging - how could I possibly fail?

Today's a busy day. I'm going to drop everyone off a school and preschool, then maybe take little dd clothes shopping with me (I need a reward, right? ) Later, I have to go sing at a friend's baby blessing, and right after that, my guitar lesson.

I think I've made peace with my Lifetime issues. I'm excited about maintaining and getting in better shape. I am getting info mailed to me about becoming a WW receptionist/leader. I'd like to do that, I think.

Later!
Angela
Old 05-12-2005, 11:06 AM   #12  

Height: 5'7"

Busy day, Angela!! I think you'd make a great leader!

I am recommitting today. I will try my best to stay right on track. I know it can be done -- and I know I should cut out the bad things in my life that keep me OFF track! What's the saying? Never trade what you want at the moment for what you want most.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:22 AM   #13  
Southside White Sox Fan

Angela, peace is a good thing. I'd join your meeting, any time any day. When are you moving to Tinley Park, IL?
Old 05-12-2005, 12:10 PM   #14  

Thanks Vickie.

Angela
Old 05-12-2005, 12:23 PM   #15  
Attitude is everything !

Hello everyone !

Newbie on board - long time lurker

Have posted my profile on the profile thread; and look forward to joining in some of the chatter (when not working diligently of course).
Closed Thread