South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2005, 07:29 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Beach Chat - Tuesday, May 10

OK, LazyChicks, EVERYBODY UP!

It's a beautiful sunny day here and I've finally had coffee sitting on a chair on the deck. It's been a bit too chilly lately so I kind of stroll to keep warm. The Girls have new bones and are lying on the lawn enjoying being dogs with no responsibilities.

Sarah didn't make it yesterday which was very annoying, particularly as I'd paid her in advance because she wanted $ for Mother's Day! The excuse was her period but I saw her two hours later taking back beer bottles so..... She is supposed to come tomorrow morning and it may be her last time.

After I got over my Sarah snit yesterday, I did a bit of gardening but found I was still too tired and sore from Sunday's efforts. Today I'll get out there shortly and give it another try. I'm taking so many Advil, I rattle!

So? What's happening under your Beach umbrella?
Old 05-10-2005, 07:58 AM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

Good morning!

I'm tired as all get out. I went to bed around 1:00 a.m. because I was out on the deck doing the second coat on Livvy's bed. Oh, and did I mention that yesterday, when I was leaving for work, I went outside and a cat had sprayed all over my daughter's headboard and footboard? OOOOOH, I was so MAD

Today I'm leaving work at 4:00. My son, Adam, has a concierto tonight. They are playing the 3rd symphony. I just love listening to them play. Our wind ensemble is the best of the best and they play professional level music. It saddens me that next year will be his last. Hopefully he will continue with his music in college.

Adam is auditioning for drum major this week, so he is home late each day. I hope he makes it! If he doesn't, he will surely make music captain or field captain.

We have family visiting from out of town this week. My MIL, BIL and BIL's girlfriend.

Ugh... someone go to work for me... please! I'm sooooooooooooo dragging! Or maybe someone can just hold me up like the guys in Weekend at Bernie's??

Okay, chicklets, I'm out the door headed out for my lovely hour and ten minute commute..sigh...

Have a great day, Chickies!!!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 08:22 AM   #3  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

We finally have a lovely day,the sun is shining and I heading down to the beach to get some walking in,and put that bike on hold for now.

This afternoon I'm having a few of the ladies over to play canaster.I love this card game.Others have told me that bridge is a very stressful game.Who needs that at this point of life.We just like to have lot of fun.

Ruth Sorry to hear your having trouble with your help.Try to make this unstressful day.Don't work to hard and take care of that back.

Tuba Mom You must be so proud of your son. We love classical music.My DS plays the guitar & keyboards,but we hear nothing but Hard Rock UGHHH!!! Noise to our ears.

Have a nice day Ladies Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 05-10-2005 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:50 AM   #4  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, that darn Sarah has to go! How dare she abuse your generosity that way! Arrrgh! I hope you can find someone who is responsible. I'd love to come help you garden, though it would be quite the commute. You take it easy, girl. I know you love gardening, but if you're locked up the next day in pain, it's not worth it. Take a cue from the Girls and lie on the grass in the sun, enjoying the garden a bit. Not with a bone, I suppose, but perhaps with a nice gin and diet tonic?

Aileen, you are working so hard! What a terrible thing with that cat!!! That's awful!!! I hope you were able to wash it off? A friend of mine swears by laying out tins of mothballs for keeping stray cats away. Maybe you can try it at least until the bed is painted. I hope work goes quickly so you can enjoy that concierto...it sounds amazing! Good luck to DS on drum major!

BB, I'm so jealous of your being able to go down to the beach! I love the ocean so much... Ah, Canasta! My grandparents and parents had a 'women vs men' tournament every year for most of my life. Since my grandfather passed away, they've tried various 3-handed variations, but it's not as fun. Every so often, they rope one of us kids to play the fourth hand; it's a great game! Enjoy!

Me:
Scale went up a little today...think it might be because I indulged in three fatty salads from a local salad bar at lunch. Or because I finished off the bottom of the PB jar, and it was more like 3 Tbsp than 2. Not really a problem...I'm still on track, and know not to make those mistakes again!

Boss isn't coming in today, and though that causes a bit of frustration, it's lovely to have the office mostly to myself this morning. I have class tonight and need to look at the homework I put off all weekend. If I remember right, it's just a one-page paper. Shouldn't be too bad. <knock on wood>

Jazzercise last night was really tough! We're in an old HS gym, and even though we had fans going, there was no real air flow and we were all sweating like pigs by the third song. I actually sweat through my t-shirt! I took a long shower when I got home and then, in a search for shorts, found that I fit into three pairs that I haven't worn since early college, over 10 years ago! That was fun!

Have a great day, beachies!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:18 AM   #5  
Workin' it!!

Good morning to all!

Ruth - sorry about the problems with your help... but be sure to be kind to your body and don't overdo things!

MarineTubaMom - pets can drive you crazy, can't they? Well, that is I'm assuming that the cat was your pet. If it was a stray that would probably make things even worse. I hope your son makes drum major! I love listening to good band music.

beachbum - I would LOVE to be able to go to a beach and walk and exercise, rather than working out at the gym. I totally love the water and a good beach. Have fun!

Laurie - missed yours because I took so long to finish my post!! I know that had to feel good fitting into those pants! I love it when I try on something that I haven't in a couple months and it fits oh so much better!

When I said yesterday that there was no real change on the scale, it's because I do weigh myself more often than I should and I try not to take a loss or gain to heart until it stays on the scale for a couple of readings. I'm happy to say that the one pound loss that the scale showed yesterday morning stuck until this morning, so I'm counting it!!

Very frustrated at work these days, so I'm having to be very careful about not sabotaging my diet in the meantime. I just don't like being stressed all the time and that's what my job is doing to me right now. The bad thing is that it also causes internal stress because on the one hand I really love my job, but it's the people and lack of concern about our department that is making me dread work. And I can't even talk to my direct supervisor about it, because he doesn't seem to care much either. *sigh*

I'll take out my frustrations at the gym tonight!!

Last edited by Sassygal; 05-10-2005 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-10-2005, 09:25 AM   #6  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi everyone...I did well yesterday. I haven't eaten quite yet today and I am going to gazelle soon...exercise everyday...I need to get back into that. I used to exercise 3 times a day and I think I got burnt out.

Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast: Florentine Omelette (spinach, cheese, egg)
Lunch: Chicken Chef's salad w/balsamic vinegarete dressing
Snack: Roasted Chickpeas (from the SB cookbook...my kids LOVE THEM too!!)
Dinner: Sirloin patty w/lf cheese and a 1.5c brussels sprouts
Dessert: Coffee Ricotta Creme

Did I do well for a P1 day?? Gotta love those chickpeas...

One really BAD TEMPTING THING...my mother has a nice very large box of Godiva chocolates in her house...but, I DIDN'T TOUCH THEM!! I smelled them...salivated over them...but, didn't touch the dang things.

-Sarah-
Old 05-10-2005, 09:44 AM   #7  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

How are you all? Some sound a little frustrated this morning! Try to keep a chin up. Frustration is not good for the diet - at least if you are an emotional eater like I am! Ruth if we don't get some rain here in W Michigan soon - nothing is going to grow. It is really getting scarey. I has been a really crappy morel mushroom season.

TOM finally made its appearance yesterday so I'm feeling much better today. I was supposed to exercise last night and I didn't. I'll get on it tonight. I'm wearing a new pair of pants I bought prior to going to Florida and they were a little tight and now they are a little too loose. They are that bright celery green. They are going to have to go on Ebay soon. I've been doing well with selling my clothes on Ebay. I have some ladies who are dieting too that are snapping up my good clothing items. I've invited them over here but they aren't doing SBD so I don't think they've made it.

I made homemade Cincinnati chili last night for dinner so I can control the meat and calories that go into it. It turned out very good! The boys eat it with spagetti and I just ate it with lf cheese.

Hang in there chicks!
Old 05-10-2005, 09:55 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

G'Morning Gals!

Ruth - I hate to hear that about your help...sounds like my DH's assistant...He can't count on him either, I keep telling him to post the job at the central office! Maybe he can either get a fire lit under that boy or find a reliable assistant. (my dh is the technology coordinator for our school system, so he really needs to be able to count on his assistant, he can't be at all the schools at once). Hope you have a Great Day today! Don't wear yourself out!!

Marine - My ds in the band, he's just tried out for the marching band, he'll be a freshman next year, my dd, his twin sister, is on the dance line. I just love half time shows and the competitions. Our school has an awesome jazz band. This year at the christmas concert the director had them do improv solos and it was incredible, you would've thought they had been practicing for months! He sang at the beginning of the song imitating Louis Armstrong, you could tell the kids in the band weren't expecting that!!
I have a problem with my neighbor's cats coming in my yard and spraying my flowers! I hate that wretched smell!!!!! Wish I could get rid of them!!!

Beach Bum - I'm totally envious!!! If I lived close enough to the beach I would never EVER be home!!!! I head to the river front when I walk outdoors. Being near the water is relaxing. One day last week the wind was blowing so much that there were constant waves beating onshore it was a soul refreshing sound!
I LOVE CANASTA!! my DH and our twinners love to play that game, we just learned a couple of years ago!

Beachgal - When the CAT's away!!!
WAY TO GO!! fitting into those shorts!!! woo hoo that's fantastic! I know it made you feel good inside!

Sassy - sorry to hear about the stress at work, that makes doing anything hard. Use it at the gym like you said! And you'll keep dropping those lbs.
Congrats on the loss! Good Going!

Sarah - Your dinner sounds about like mine! I fixed sirloin patties, my family made burgers, I just put cheese on mine and ate tomato slices. I should've had a little more veggies, but I wasn't real hungry. Your menu looks good to me. I've been meaning to try the chickpeas roasted! My dd likes to warm them in the microwave for a little bit and salt them she says they taste like boiled peanuts (I couldn't tell you, I don't eat boiled peanuts!!) But she loves them!!

I sat around here yesterday waiting for my phone call and wouldn't you know, she waited until I left the house to go workout to call!!! GGrrrrrr. She told my ds that she'd call back today! I'm not sitting around here today! I'm gonna get my walk in!!!!! She'll just have to catch me at home. She could've at least given him a direct phone number to get in touch with her.
I could've enjoyed a nice walk at the river but noooo!
I did get most of my dd's graduation announcements addressed tho' so my day wasn't a waste!
I had a great workout last night, the past couple of weeks I've been doing 2 sets of 12 reps on each machine (there are 12 machines) and the trainer told me last week I could increase my sets this week, so I did, on all but one machine! It really burns my thighs! I barely make it thru 2 sets on it! It's the leg extension. Tonight's water aerobics, I love that class. The people are so special! and I always leave there feeling good. well..gonna go stretch...then go walking...ttyl hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #9  

Morning, everyone! Maybe I can get in fast enough to be able to respond to everyone.

Ruth - Be careful about taking too much Advil! Take it easy and hopefully, you can find someone reliable to help out.

MarineTubaMom - You are so busy! I love music.

beach bum - Canasta is so much fun! I use to play it every weekend with my ex-husband's family when we lived in Florida. I guess I need to teach it to my son. He wants to learn it. I do miss the beach. We were half an hour away from it in Tampa but I am at least 6 hours away now that I am in Texas. Too far for any easy visit.

Laurie - Congratulations on fitting into your old shorts! I know how good that feels. It seems like I am continually getting too small for my clothes even when my weight is stuck.

Sassy - Sorry to hear that work is making you stressed. Your plan for taking out your frustrations at the gym sounds like a good one

Sarah - Your menu from yesterday looks good. You should be eating about every 3 hours though. Are you managing that without a morning snack? I'm going to have to try those roasted chickpeas. I bought a can to try it and just never have.

Anchor - Congratulations on the smaller pants! The chili sounds good.

Me - I did manage a 25 minute walk after lunch yesterday since I knew I could not make it to the gym. There is a 4.25 mile course laid out throughout the campus so I really should take advantage of it before it gets too hot.

Brian did so well last night at his competition. He took four blue ribbons in vault, floor exercises, ropes and parallel bars. He is just level one but now he can start moving on to the level 2 skills. Dinner was really good last night. Brian had picked out Peking Pasta for me to make which is a chicken dish that has been marinated in hoison sauce, soy, rice wine vinegar and ginger and then served over whole wheat spaghetti. I also served it with brocolli and asparagus. He liked the meal because he can eat it with chopsticks! I liked it because I could eat lots of veggies and a little spaghetti. It should be great for lunch today.
Old 05-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #10  

Good morning everyone!

I am not happy that the WW scale showed a gain. But, I am not moving my ticker because the home scale still shows a loss. One of the problems with WW is that it depends upon what you are wearing and since I have to go dressed for work, that varies. So, I am not going to dwell on this.

Today I am going out to lunch with my Orthodox Jewish friend who can only eat at kosher restaurants. So, we are going out for kosher sushi. Is that an "only in LA" experience or what?

Ruth - What is it with the work ethic these days? I remember working as a young person and being very conscientious about showing up. However, that is not what I see around me now.

MarineTubaMom - What a nightmare with that bed! And not enough sleep a second night in a row. No wonder you are dragging. Glad you have something to look forward to tonight.

Beach bum - I used to play canasta as a kid but have forgotten how. I love to play cards, though, we had a heck of a poker game going on Mothers' day. I learned how to play "Texas Hold 'Em" for the first time.

Beachgal - Hope it is only a one page paper at this late date ...you sound like me when I was in school. Congrats on getting into the shorts! Very cool.

Sassygal - Stress at work can be a real challenge. I am sure you have found, as have I, that eating something not on your plan never seems to help in the long run! Good for you heading to the gym instead of the refrigerator.

Sarah - Great resolve on the chocolates!

anchor weight - It just rained here yesterday. Wish I could send it to you. We have had PLENTY.

PHinsUP - That is SO frustrating! At least the job doesn't start right away so the delay won't cost you your scheduled start date. But couldn't she leave a phone number? Or mail you the info?

Have a great day everyone. Your "going to the gym" stories are inspiring. Perhaps I will find and blow the dust off of my gym membership card!
Old 05-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #11  
gotta lose it!

Good morning chicks!!! Well I worked with the fried chicken lady yesterday & once again she tried to get me to do her work. I think she was shocked when I played dumb & gave it back to her & asked her how I should do it. I feel bad playing dumb, I'm usually the person that knows how to do everything, but I'm so annoyed with this lady! She makes $10,000 more than me, but I'm suppose to do her job & mine - enough is enough! She instead of thinking that maybe she's been taking advantage of me, she thinks I'm mad - ugh! She also was talking about me when I took time off to visit the parents, I tried going to her boss & she scolded me as well for taking time off. My time off was approved & it's not like I was on a cruise or something, I WAS TAKING CARE OF MY ILL PARENTS!!!!!! So, she WILL be apoligizing for her unprofessionalism, or I'm going to her boss - her choice. I'm very frustrated with my job environment! Which is sad because I have a great team of kids that work for me & the job it's self is fun...I'm just sick of being taken advantage of. After that rough day, I came home & had 1/2 bottle of wine. DBF found me passed out on the couch! I the scale still went down today though.....so I got lucky, can't make that mistake again!!!!
Ruth....maybe my fried chicken lady & Sarah can get together.....they seem to share a brain!!!
Beach Bum - enjoy your card game, sounds like fun!!!
MTMom - hope your ds gets drum major...I was drum major & it was so much fun!
Laurie - good luck on your paper. Congrats on sticking with your jazzercise & the new shorts!!!
Sassygal - it seems like we have the same problems at work - don't do what I did, it's not good for you!!
Sarah - good for you for avoiding the Godiva - those are one of my favs!!
Anchor - the chili sounds good, you'll have to share the recipe!!
Phins - great job on the excercise!
Barb - that chicken dish sounds yummy (I haven't eaten yet today, so everything sounds yummy!!)
SoCal - just stick to one scale & as long as that scale moves down, you're doing great! I always weigh myself ever other day (to keep myself in check -doesn't always work!) in the morning after going to the bathroom, naked. But that's just me!
Well I'm off to excercise....ugh! Chat with you later!!
Old 05-10-2005, 01:11 PM   #12  
Conquering with SBD

Just popping in quickly to say hello. DH went back to work yesterday and I literally could not get out of bed for the entire day...I was sooooo tired. Seems that directing the work around the house took its tole.

Today is a better day, so I am trying to get my butt in gear to take the puppies (we have our son's dog for 4 months now) for a walk. When I mentioned to DH that I was thinking about taking them today, the two of them ran to get their leashes. However, I wasn't quite awake at that point, so they were disappointed.

My weight has finally stabilized. Mostly because I am eating now, I guess. I am finally able to eat 3 meals some days. Till now, I have only been able to get 1 meal down, then feel sick so don't eat any more. This is at least getting back to normal and my weight is staying put. I lost about 20 pounds after getting out of the hospital and want to start exercising again before I lose any more weight. That's about 4 moreweeks yet, so I just have to be patient.

Well, I should get going. This has taken about 3 hours to write - between phone calls and letting dogs in and out. Take care everyone.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:20 PM   #13  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sassy, great plan on taking out your frustrations at the gym tonight!!! I really felt relaxed and relieved after Jazzercise last night!

Sarah, on resisting Godiva! You are amazing...but you know how bad they would make you feel in the end, physically and emotionally. You did great! Your menu sounds really good, especially all the veggies. Make sure you have snack in between breakfast and lunch, too, though. You want to keep your blood sugar up and it's a great place to add veggies in!

Amy, good for you on those pants! They sound gorgeous! I have a closetfull of items to take to the consignment store...I keep forgetting to go on Tuesdays. I just remembered...I wonder if they are open during my break between work and school???

PHins, that river sounds wonderful! : I love being near water. Glad you are letting that caller come to you. You have enough to do and no one likes sitting around waiting for a call! Enjoy water aerobics...if your day there is as nice as it is here, you'll have a blast!!!

Barb, congrats to Brian! What great work!!! I'm always astounded at the strength guys have on the rings. The dinner sounds amazing. Good for you on going for that walk!

Kosher sushi...only in LA, SoCal! My parents used to live in Carthay Circle, and we spent a lot of time on Pico. My Jewish Bobie and Zaida called it 'Main Street' because it had so much Kosher food...even Kosher Chinese! Have fun! Don't stress about the WW weigh-in. It'll come out in the wash, girl.

Soon, your work situation seems horrible! I hope you can get it solved and focus more on the great kids you work with and the job itself. Don't feel bad for playing dumb. Just keep doing it! People like her aren't usually aggressive enough to do anything about it...if you make it too hard for them, they find someone else to annoy. Make sure you eat something when you get up, girl. Until you eat, your body stays in fasting mode and doesn't burn much. Even if it's small, eat as soon as you are up and dressed, okay?

Peggy, I'm so glad you are eating again! I was worried... Hope you are taking it easy. Enjoy the puppies...they can be a lot of fun.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:45 PM   #14  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Wow -- hi all! It's been a while. Starting P1 again for the 2nd time now. My partner is doing it with me, so I won't be alone and I will have the 3-d support I know I need.

After the 2 weeks, I am doing WW. Doing P1 primarily to get the alcohol/sugar from my systerm so I can start fresh.

You all seem to be doing so well. It brings tears to my eyes!

Laurie -- AMAZING!!!
Glad to see so many new folks (and you old fogies alike!!!)

New job, new love - now to work on this last 40 lbs!!!
Old 05-10-2005, 04:02 PM   #15  

It's great to hear from you, Jenn. I'm glad that you will have the support of your partner. That should help! Keep in touch even if you are doing WW.
Closed Thread