South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #1  

Default Hi!

Hi everyone!
I'm Tess (18 years old) I was on this board a few months ago, but due to medications that made me not lose weight at all, and choatic family problems, I went off the diet and gained another 10 pounds ( ) But I am back, and more determined than ever. I've lost 8 pounds, so I am finally back in the 180's range (which makes me VERY happy) and I am very excited about this. My big problem is being able to afford groceries (college student, I pay for everything, rent, groceries, and school because my parents can't afford it) but I am scraping by, in a way. Hopefulyl when I move out of the dorms I'll find a cheaper grocery store than the one I've been going to!

I look forward to speaking with all of you and gaining insight and inspiration!
Old 05-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #2  
Darrell's Girl

Hi, Tess! and welcome back! I'm glad to meet ya!

I am looking forward to the day i can say i'm in the 180's... i have quite a way to go, but it will come!

Have a great day!
Old 05-07-2005, 06:02 PM   #3  

Welcome
Old 05-08-2005, 08:02 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Tess, welcome back!
Old 05-08-2005, 08:37 AM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Tess Welcome back to the beach.I know what you mean about expensive groceries. We're retired and are on fixed income. Casserole are the only way I know,which we use alot. Frozen veggies with meat along with a sauce thrown together. It what we do. Hope that helps Hugs BB
Old 05-08-2005, 08:42 AM   #6  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome back to The Beach, Tess. I'm sure the chicks will come up with money saving suggestions for groceries. Mine is to explore beans in all their incarnations - soups, chili and roasted chick peas or hummus.
Old 05-08-2005, 01:43 PM   #7  
I believe in Futures

Hi Tess,

I'm new to 3FC and these forums as well. Ahhh, the college days. I still remember the dorms and apartment life all too well. I miss it!!! Hope to hear from you in the future. So Cal girls here! Hooray!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:12 PM   #8  
Working for the Cruise!

Tess,

Hey! I'm a 20-yr old business owner, though some days I wish I had taken the college route. I also pay for everything in my apartment and groceries can get a little crazy at times. I take my 14 yr old SIL with me and make it a game. See what great shoppers we can be this week.

I buy a lot of my fresh veggies like cucumbers and tomatoes at local flea markets and Amish bulk food stores. But then again, I'm out in the sticks (and wouldn't change a thing about it). As for grocery stores, shop around, shop around, shop around. I mainly shop at Wal-Mart because their dairy is so much cheaper than other places, but I try to find a store for each different food group.

I was in the 180's before I fell off the wagon in November and I'm not falling off again, let me tell you. I think we're probably looking to be about the same size!
Old 05-09-2005, 01:44 PM   #9  

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement!
Old 05-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #10  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Welcome, Unlady! I hear you on the money issues! Can you get any staples (like meat and such) on your meal plan (or are you not using a meal plan)?

I love frozen veggies...they have just as many nutrients and are often cheaper. Also, I don't know if you have any friends with a Costco membership, but that can save you a bundle in produce if you can afford it. We get bell peppers and grape tomatoes for next to nothing at our local warehouse store.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:55 PM   #11  

Unfortunatly, there isn't a meal plan at my university, because it's mostly a commuter school. But it's all cool, because I'm going up and living with my Dad this summer, and he'll pay for the groceries. I've gotten really good at bargain shopping, and I'll have a car again (I've been biking for the entire year all over! Good exercise, though!)
I was mostly in a bind this semester because I had to quit my job because I was unable to stand for so long (I have an icky disease called endometriosis, which I have found SBD REALLY helps, at least energy wise). But I'm on new meds now (that cost 700 dollars a shot! Eeek!!!! Thank god for semi-good insurance, because I have to get those shots every month!) that really help, so I look forward to working this summer and saving as much as possible!
Closed Thread