Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 05:46 PM   #1  

Default wow! any thoughts?

I am new here, but before I came across this forum, I saw this...

bodyweightloss.com

I was wondering if anyone has seen this, or tried it? I am pretty skeptical, but want your oponions too.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #2  
Determined to Lose!!!

Skin sounds bogus and ridiculous to me. I also think all the models and 'before and after' pics and the insistence that one can lose weight 'fast and easy' and get a six pack in 1- 4 weeks and loose 42 lbs in 3 weeks confirms that this is a scam. The only way to really lose that weight and take control of your life is the hard way!!! Took me ages to accept that.

Good luck with everything!
Old 05-05-2005, 06:24 PM   #3  
Uber-Moderator!!

There are SO MANY of those 'weight loss ebooks' around now...

This sounds particularly fishy though.

For one thing...I would STRONGLY ADVISE ANYONE who is even THINKING of purchasing this (and I doubt that there is anything new or earthshattering in the ebook) do NOT charge it to your phone bill as suggested on the "Payment Options" page at the site!!! You can end up with a nasty surprise on your bill the next month - not so easy to rectify either.

And as far as the Visa/MC charge option...AHEM...the site SAYS the book is "only" (hah!) $39.95 but if you go to the charge option...they only give you ONE pricing option of "$39.95 for 30 days then $19.95 recurring every 30 days". HOLY CRAP! That's a TON of money...the promo page says "In addition to unlimited access to our online weight loss e-manual, you'll also receive 30 days of unlimited weight loss counselling and support with our certified customer service staff via e-mail at no charge. Our highly qaulified weight loss counsellors ensure you reach your weight loss goals. An optional weight loss counselling fee of $19.95 applies after 30 days."

Yup sure they have a staff of "highly qaulifed" (their spelling error, not mine!) weight loss counselors, and they'll charge you $20 a month to talk to them! Eeecch. So what are their "qualifications"? Do they even exist or is this Miss Cleo's new phone gig????

If that isn't enough to keep you from giving money to these people, I found this little snippet at Dietfraud.com:

Quote:
For a good scam in Ontario call 416-686-2149

A fellow by the name of Amro Eleish is again scamming the world. This time he's doing it from his small row house in a working class section on the East side of Toronto. Instead of hawking questionable diet pills, this time he thinks he can get away with anything by marketing an e-book for $29.95.

But, don't expect to find Eleish at home this month. He's on his annual trip to Egypt. How convenient for people who ordered his diet book. I wonder who's handling his shipping and doing his banking for him while he is away?

When he isn't selling bogus cures for the morbidly obese and confabulating who he is, what does he really do? The answer will be coming soon.

Another MBE based Plattsburgh, NY Scam

Eleish decided to really take this scam to incredible heights. He doesn't just lie about his company's history, and location, he tries to convince people that he has famous movie stars as clients:

"Famous clients have included Tom Cruise, Matt Damon, Minnie Driver, Mariah Carey, Keanu Reeves, Madonna, and many others. To say the least, all of our clients have achieved truly incredible results. We will show you exactly how all our clients lost weight, and how they keep it off year after year."

I believe that other fictitious companies have operated out of the 29 Battenberg Ave. address over the years. The fact that Eleish has used more than one international mailbox location in the U.S. is an indication that this guy is out to scam a lot more people. I assume that the movie stars above don't care if their images are used on his web site.
So in other words...voila! another scammer.

Ohhhh and I just wanted to add here...about that photo on the website of the "world Headquarters" of Pure Health International...apparently he picked that photo from Getty Images or something, because it sure as HECK ain't at 29 Battenberg Ave in Toronto - at least from the aerial I got from that address...

And a few more words of wisdom or opinion or whatever...the thing is...if the vast majority of these ebooks (the only one that comes to mind that is of any value that I've seen is Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle but it's aimed towards 'intermediate to advanced' bodybuilders) really had anything of value or truly marketable to offer...they wouldn't kittyfoot around with the ebook and tacky websites, they'd get the book to a legitimate publisher where the potential to make much more money exists. And THAT way, you could either browse thru the book at Barnes & Noble or check it out of the library to see if it's worth purchasing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled1.jpg (36.6 KB, 57 views)
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 PM   #4  

GREAT detective work!

I LOVE this place already!

Thanks!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:29 PM   #5  

Well you sure have found a doozy there. It's all stock photos and stolen before and after images (I even recognized a few). Anyone want to have a go at the "free counseling session"? I'm tempted - it would make a good blog post...

PS. MrsJim - I was talking with Tom Venuto the other day (author of Burn The Fat), and he is looking at coming out with a hardback version later this year.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:55 PM   #6  
it's always something

This one has come up before, a couple of years ago, and we marveled at how wonderful Brad Pitt looked after using their program I'm surprised they are still up!
Closed Thread