South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking Thursday Chick Chat 5/5/05

A quick start up for y'all today! I'm off to get a shower and make sure I have all my stuff done this morning. I hope you all have a great OP day. No coffee or anything here since I cannot have anything. I'm sure one of the other chicks will put a pot on! Take care and have a great day!
Old 05-05-2005, 07:42 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oh, Bamie, I'll be thinking of you and I'll try not to slurp my coffee since you can't have any. I hope things go really well for you. Now take the painkillers if you need them. Your body heals best when it's not fighting pain.

There is something yellow and shiny out there this morning. I think it's the Sun! We just might have a springlike day. One tulip is out - they are late this year.

I've done the recycle lug to the road, Harry is up, bathed, dressed and eating breakfast, the Girls are sleeping on the couch, there is some black bean soup ready for lunch and I'm about to start my "day off". Jane comes at noon and I'll head for town and stock up on veggies. At the moment there is very little difference between my crisper and the compost bucket!

What's happening with you this gorgeous day?
Old 05-05-2005, 08:15 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Sweet Bamie, we'll make you a lovely breakfast with coffee tomorrow morning.
I'm anxious to hear how things go... love and prayers, dear girl.

Ruth, I was thinking the same thing this morning. It's so BRIGHT out there!
I hear ya re: the crisper. I have a container of melon pieces in there, and I'm pretty sure it's in the second stages of fermentation.

I'm not sure what's with this cough/cold. It's still coming and going. Yesterday morning I thought I was dying, and the rest of the day I felt fine.

Gotta run... back later...
Old 05-05-2005, 08:25 AM   #4  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

Hi guys..
I am depressed..I haven't weighed myself...but, my clothes are feeling tight..and I have had a perfect "clean" p1 so far..but, TOM is here...and I just feel big! I am not having the success everyone else seems to be having...so discouraging!

I have eaten fine and drank all of my water...I mean...ALL OF MY WATER..lol! Like 10 bottles a day...the dannon stuff...

Okay, will check back later..
Sarah
Old 05-05-2005, 09:01 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 251/251/150

Height: 5'5"

Good morning Thread Mates!
Bamie
I'll be thinking of you today, and tomorrow we'll send you a nice big mug of Starbucks!!! Hope it all went well!!!

Ruthxxx
I hope you enjoy every minute of that sunshine today!

ellis
I'll send you some vitamin C vibes!!! Maybe you just need a day off to get totally well. Get well!!

Sarah
I'm sure it's just TOM as soon as that's over, I'll bet you drop several lbs and feel thinner! I'm on day 7 of Phase 1 and I (like you ) have followed it to a tee and I've been exercising a lot every day, but I"m not dealing with TOM yet! The first several days of P1 I was very bloated from the water I was drinking, my body wasn't used to that much water, then about day 3 or 4, I started getting rid of the excess water, and now the swelling in my feet went down and I feel much better! Just keep drinking you water, and keep your chin up!!!

I'm a bit nervous and excited! I have a job interview today at one of our local hospitals in the pharmacy! I haven't worked in almost 6 mo. got laid off. I'm a little scared that I'll have more trouble following the diet menu and getting in my exercise once I've started working. Y'ALL pray for me at 2:00 Central time!!!!
I worked out so hard last night! We went to the wellness center and I walked on the treadmill for 1 mile then went thru the weight machines and while I was waiting for my DH to finish his rounds, I got on an exercise bike and went thru a programmed ride called "forest run" for about 15 minutes, that really got me sweating! I felt great afterward...Had tons of energy all night!
Tonights water aerobics instead of the wellness center. looking forward to that!

I'm gonna go get my breakfast...I'll be back on later!
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}
Old 05-05-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  
Workin' it!!

Bamie - I'll be thinking about you!!

Ruth - glad that you're finally getting some sunshine. My crisper hasn't gotten close to being like the compost pile yet, but there is an echo in there... I need to stock up soon, myself!

ellis - Hope you shake whatever it is that's trying to take over! I had an annoying cough for over a week after when I thought I was done being "sick." Strange things, these colds.

Sarah - If you've lost 10 pounds so far on P1, then I would say that you're doing something very right!! Don't get discouraged and remember - never compare your loss to others... we are all different in the rate and amount of our weight loss! Be proud of yourself for what you've accomplished thus far and just keep pushing on. TOM will certainly make you feel larger than normal - I know it does for me!

I can't straighten out my right arm all the way this morning. Tuesday was "arms/shoulders" night at the gym, but then I spent over 20 minutes pulling files and moving them from drawer to drawer yesterday. I'm thinking that I've overdone it and I'll just have to wait for this tendon/muscle to relax at some point today. And yes, I'm counting that filing work as exercise! I was pulling files from one drawer to the other - bending and lifting constantly for 20 minutes. I even broke a sweat!!

I think I overdid my carbs yesterday. I knew that I was going to when I made supper last night, but I didn't know that I would be able to feel it this morning. I was starved this morning - which is how I used to always feel the morning after a heavy carb day before I started SBD. I ate my usual low-carb cereal this morning and I'll have my apple snack, but then I'm going to try to avoid any more carbs/sugars for the rest of the day.

The girls at work aren't making it any easier for me - they want to go out for Mexican to celebrate Cinco de Mayo. I guess I'll just have a taco salad with chicken - no shell!

Hope everyone has a wonderful, on-plan day!!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:34 AM   #7  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Bamie, you will be especially in my thoughts today. Take gentle care of yourself and know that you are wrapped in love! :

about your crisper, Ruth! I know there have been many times that mine seems the same way! Your soup sounds delectable...I love black bean soup! Have a wonderful day out...especially if the sun is shining!!! What color is your tulip?

Ellis, I usually feel better in the morning with a cold...are you sleeping well? I hope that this thing goes away and fast so you can enjoy much more fun things! about the melons...what's the third stage of fermentation like, I wonder? Could you make Midori in your fridge?

Sarah, some women, no matter how much water they drink, just retain water during TOM. That just means that when TOM is over, you'll have what one of the Beachies (love that term, Ruth!) calls a "woosh"...several pounds all running off you at once. I can't wait to hear how many you lose! Hold in their, dear girl...I know it'll work out. Go do something fun for yourself in the meantime, okay? Pedicure? Long walk amid the spring flowers, write in your 3FC journal, play a video game, read a wonderful cheesy romance novel, soak in the tub, etc. You can do this!

Phins, I love how you used color in your post! I'll definitely be praying for you today. I know how hard that job searching is. In a hospital, though, you might have access to great gym equipment at work. A friend of mine loves the gym at our local hospital. It's meant for people recouping from heart surgery, but it has great equipment and is open to the people that work there too. Just don't eat in the hospital cafeteria...why is it that a place focused on health tends to have the least healthy food possible? I hope it works out for you, Phins! I'm impressed by your exercising! I think it's great that you are doing so much and enjoying it. Doesn't that warm "glow" after a hard workout feel fantastic? Enjoy water aerobics...I'm jealous!

Sassy, I hear you on the overdoing a workout. Just take it easy on the arm until it heals. You definitely count that filing, girl! I was a file clerk for a sumer, and let me tell you, it took a major toll on my body! And don't even ask about paper cuts! But seriously, that's hard work. I know what you mean about carbs. I can totally feel it when I eat too much of even the good stuff. My IBS kicks in majorly and I get those cravings. I can't eat starches or fruit for breakfast as it starts cravings. I have to have them in the afternoon...then I'm fine. It's funny how our bodies are all wired differently! A lot of mexican restaurants have great chicken or beef dishes that you can get with a salad on the side. We are usually so obsessed with the tacos that we miss them! I got this fantastic chicken dish at our local Mexican place last time...it had a chipotle pepper sauce and tons of mushrooms. Yum!

Me:
Well, you gals were right about eating late...must have been that, because I'm down two pounds today! I actually weighed in less than my ticker! Very cool. I'm going to go meet a friend after class for coffee, so I'm going to grab some food before class. It means eating at five, so I'll have to eat my snack early and take some veggies to class so I don't get hungry by 9 when we get out, but hopefully it will not only make tonight easier but also make my weigh in tomorrow morning more accurate. We'll see.

I love hanging out with friends, but it's hard with my schedule. Still, I get to see a good friend tonight that moved away last year and is back visiting. It'll be so good to see her! Another friend (super skinny and fit...) won a 5K race last weekend and got a gift cert to Olive Garden. She's taking another friend and I out to dinner with it on Friday, though we tried to get her to save it for herself. We'll watch a movie at my house after...maybe Lost in Translation, which I haven't seen yet.

So, chickies...I need help in planning my strategy for Olive Garden. I am in love with their breadsticks. I think if I'm craving free at that point, I'll break my Phase 1 week (since Dr. A says we're just doing it to get rid of the cravings) and bring a WW roll with me. I just need to find something to eat that's lacking in pasta. Any suggestions? I'll go check out their website today. Of course, both girls are the tiniest sticks you can imagine...they both wear a size 0 and eat like horses.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:41 AM   #8  
Workin' it!!

Laurie - I was at Olive Garden this past weekend... I did breakdown and have one breadstick, but I almost made it through the whole meal without it, so you probably can, too. I ate LOTS of the salad. If you want pasta, you can have it - they offer whole wheat pasta now (yea for them!!). I ordered whole wheat pasta with alfredo sauce and chicken. I picked out all of the chicken and ate maybe a 1/3 of the pasta - they always serve such LARGE portions. I didn't get a take-home box. But I also remember a salmon dish and some chicken dish... the chicken meal came with potatoes, but their menu said that you could substitute steamed veggies instead.

I'm glad to see many restaurants incorporating low-carb things into their menus. It sure makes eating out a lot easier!!
Old 05-05-2005, 10:43 AM   #9  

Thanks for the reply Beachgal
I don't think I could force myself to eat in a hospital cafeteria!!!!
I'll have to find out about the fitness equipment they have there....we already have access to the gym at the school where my DH works. But if I can walk a mile on a break at work!! I DO love to swim! so water aerobics is right down my alley!!
HAGD
I'm gonna head out for a walk!
Old 05-05-2005, 11:04 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Bami good luck sweetie. I said my prayers for you last night.

Ruth - I've never been afraid to just pick up the rubbermaid container and throw the entire thing in the trash. I hate it when the food goes bad. Have a great day off!

Ellis - Hang in there. Today is the first day that I have woke up without a sore throat. It is a weird bug!

Sarah - Don't be discouraged! TOM is lurking for me too! I weighed in this morning and was exactly the same as last week. But I've been pretty good - except for 1st communion party - and I've been exercising so after TOM has it's run you and I should both be down. Hang in there.

PhinsUp - Good luck today! Think positively and that will radiate throughout the interview.

Sassy - You can also make a fajihta (sp) salad that is what I do.

Laurie - My Olive Garden has a steak on their menu and I believe that their salad dressings are pretty OP. There is always chicken parmasean minus the noodles. Good luck. Besides last time I had their breadsticks I wondered what all the fuss is about?!? They were soggy and greasy.

Today is my late day. I just got done doing the birthday bulletin board at DS's school and now I have to get to my own school. Like I said above I weighed in at exactly 199 but TOM is lurking and I did have the carb explosion at the 1st Communion party on Sunday so I'm not bent out of shape about it. I am hoping that after TOM I will be below 195 - which is where I was when I went to Florida. Then I can begin new weightloss. I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to exercise on Friday because I have a full day then dinner with friends at 6 pm. I may have to get up early to keep my every other day commitment.

Take care chicks!
Old 05-05-2005, 12:50 PM   #11  
Gettin' Skinny

S/C/G: 151/135/110

Height: 5'1"

You guys are GREAT!!! I am thankful for the support...

I can't wait until TOM is over...it makes me feel

I just got done being "mommy helper" for the last day (we have to do 6 days a year) in my son's school. We celebrated his birthday today (his birthday is June 7th) and school isn't in then...So, for his birthday, I made the snack a BIG CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE W/FROSTING but...I DIDN'T EAT ONE BITE!!!! I didn't eat any cookie dough when I was making it...nor did I partake in the snack when I was serving it...SELF CONTROL!!!!!!!! This is hard when TOM is here and it had chocolate chips in it!!!

So, I am getting up here pretty soon and making the P1 peanut butter cookies (made them yesterday, want them again today! they make me feel good about a "cookie")

I am planning on trying the P1 mock french toast tomorrow..never made it..kinda nervous..is it good??

So far today here is my menu...

B -- 1 egg w/swiss and cheddar cheese (bad bad me, couldn't get a veggie in...no time...nothing to be had...usually have spinach or asparagus..)

L -- will be green salad w/turkey and cheese w/balsamic vinegar dressing...

S -- ???
D -- ???
Dessert -- ??? (peanut butter cookies??)

last night I had to get fast food cause of a funeral home we had to visit (close friend's father passed) and I was like "okay, what is okay on P1???" so, DH said.."what about wendy's chili?" so, that is what I ate. is that okay?? Veggies, beans, meat...no bad stuff, right?? good decision on DHs part??

Must go now, my little one is crying (DD)--fell and skinned her knee...there is a little blood involved..lol!

-Sarah-
Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 167.2/167.2/140.0

Height: 5'8"

Bamie - I'm thinking of you! I hope all is well!

Ruth - Glad to hear you FINALLY have some sunshine in your part of the world!

Ellis - Get well soon! I feel your pain! <cough> <cough>

Sarah - I know it can be really depressing when you're not seeing the weight loss. Patience.....it will eventually come! Try not to get discouraged! Those clothes will be loose in no time!

Phins - Good luck with the interview! I find it easier when I come into the office because I plan and bring my meals. As long as you stay away from the cheeseburgers in paradise and no boat drinks (did I really just say that? ), you'll be fine! Good job with the exercise!

Sassy - Your poor arm! Try to get a little cardio in...it'll help relax those hurt muscles! I find Mexican food to be somewhat easy....fajitas without tortillas are really good. Ask if they have black beans instead of refried beans and no rice or chips. You can do it!

Oh Laurie....you said those 2 evil words together....OLIVE GARDEN! I absolutely LOVE that place (especially the breadsticks dipped in alfredo sauce). OMG...it is SOOOO good! I haven't been there and actually eaten OP but do remember that there are a few OP things there. I recently went and had a chicken in garlic and some kind of sauce with roasted red peppers.....mmmmmm! Unfortunately it wasn't OP. You are so good at being able to pick the right things...I know you'll do good! BTW, congrats and being under your ticker!

Anchor - You'll get back under 195 in no time! Vacations can completely ruin you for awhile. My trip to Laughlin plus 2 Buffett concerts in one week ruined me! Now I have Hawaii next month which I really hope doesn't ruin me in June! You've already lost so much and have done so well! I'm proud of ya!

DH was so sweet last night (although I don't know if I'm happy about it or not). He knew I was feeling like crap and my throat hurt really bad. I didn't feel like cooking anything but really wanted something warm for my throat. He disappeared in the backyard for awhile and ending up coming in with tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches. Now, considering we still don't have a stove, he put all of this together on the BBQ. There was no way I could turn down what he made for me so I ate it. Lemme tell ya that grilled cheese on the BBQ is the best grilled cheese I've ever had! My throat started feeling so much better after that. Now, that was my bad news that I didn't eat OP last night....but there's good news! I'm a weekly weigher but decided to hop on the scale this morning and I'm down 3 pounds! I'll take any weight loss at the moment!

It's DH's b-day today and we're going out to dinner. He picked a place that has a lot of grilled fish which I'm definitely going for. I'm really glad that he picked the place! I already gave him his b-day present which was Sirius radio. He loves it and I get the benefit of listening to it over the internet! Good deal for me!

I decided to sleep in an extra hour this morning and forego the exercise <----love that! I felt it would be better for me so I can get over this cold quickly! I really don't want to be sick when it's time for my sister to have her baby!

Today, the granite guy is coming over for a final measure of the countertops. It's all coming together!

That's about it for me today! I hope you all have a wonderful OP and sunny day! It's raining here.
Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #13  
Workin' it!!

I was good at lunch... I didn't eat a single tortilla chip!! I ordered a taco salad with chicken. I only took one small bite of the taco shell when I was finished with the salad and then I passed my plate to a friend so I wouldn't be tempted by the shell any longer. Not too shabby!!

kissjoy - I'm planning on the cardio tonight... and I'll work out my legs. I'll let those arms rest until at least Saturday!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:09 PM   #14  

Hey Kissy!
I can have my cheeseburger in paradise, as long as the meat is sirloin the cheese is fat free or low fat...i can have the lettuce & tomato..forget the Heinz 57 and the french fried potatos give me the big kosher pickle and a cold glass of WATER.Good God Almighty which way do I steer!!!!
I will honestly miss the cold draft beer!
Old 05-05-2005, 02:16 PM   #15  

Hey Ladies!

I introduced myself back on the weekend thread, and got to work Monday and have had no internet service... YIKES!!! At home, I've just been too lazy to get on the computer. Just wanted to pop in... this is day 5 for me... I've done WAAAY better that I thought, and I cannot wait to weigh in on Sunday! WOO HOO!!!

We can eat Pinto beans in P1, correct? I have been using the food list from this site, not from the book. Tonight for dinner... cinco de mayo!!! Carne Asada marinated in fresh squeezed lime juice, and pintos mashed up with cheese and onions (if the pintos are allowed!!!)

I'll be back later when I have a bit more time!!! I enjoy reading all of your posts!!!
Cjane
Closed Thread