Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2001, 10:44 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Angry

Hi everyone - I figured I'd start us on a new thread since we had 2 pages.
For those new... we all have (or had) 100 lbs or more to lose and we look to each other for support and encouragement on the WW plan.. Join us and stop lurking

Joanne: So sorry about your battles this week. I commend you for going to WI though - it's good to tackle the beast head on. If you visit Cynthia's home page she has a great Excel journal you could keep at work, home etc. I've decided that I will no longer let work stress interfere with my attempts to be happy with my body and diet. I've had to read and listen to many tapes to get me this far - and I know how hard it is.... I'll be praying for you this week. Let's both shoot to lose 3 lbs this week OK???

Sheri - We have about 11 tons of dirt on our lawn waiting to be prepared for a lawn. We took down a tree and needed to even off the lawn since the root system had made such a mound...Have fun!

Kathi - Oh you and I are 2 peas in a pod! I weigh in on Saturday AM so that I can have the weekend to enjoy myself. Last weekend I had 55 pts on Saturday and 66 on Sunday. It's mostly due to not planning like I do during the week. So today when I stayed the same at WI I vouched this weekend would not be a washout. (31 pts today with 5pts for activity)... Annie (you too huh?) It is VERY difficult. And I too am the personality who doesn't like to be told what to do.

Sherry - Welcome back. The leader makes all the difference to me. I wouldn't even waste my money in my area if it weren't for "Joe". The other 2 leaders just don't cut it for me and they don't motivate me. Good Luck back On Program.... come here to chat often.

Goodnight all.
Kim 239/227/140
Old 05-27-2001, 08:58 AM   #2  

Good morning ladies. I am up early this morning with the birds.....need to get to my housework. Thanks for the welcome Kim, I am looking forward to being a regular. Weekends are my downfall too, especially Friday nights. My husband and myself carpool that day, and it is routine when he picks me up for us to go to dinner. I have done well the last 2 Fridays, and just have to keep in mind that we can still do this little ritual without me blowing it! This past Friday we went to Ruby Tuesday and I had the salad bar and a baked potato. I had a baked potato again from Wendy's last night. I am on this kick for the potatoes, wonder if I am lacking something in my system

Points question: Does anyone know the points for the Chinese Rice crackers? You know...the little crackers that are kind of 1/4 moon shaped and hot? My daughter has been bringing these home from a restaurant she frequents (they sell them in bulk), and I am addicted! I have no idea how to count them.

Well I must be off to do my cleaning. I wish my name were Samantha and the twitching of my nose would do it all for me! Hope everyone is having a great weekend.

Sherry

262½ / 230½ / ?
Old 05-29-2001, 05:44 PM   #3  
Find a Way

Sherry, I know what you are talking about but can't help you out on the points. What about going to a grocery store and checking out the points on the round rice crackers? I've found them in Wild Oats in the cracker section. That can at least give you some idea.

Well, I'm up 4.6 pounds from my trip to Amsterdam. Let's just say the beer was good and cheap and that I LOVE Indonesian food (rice tables). But on my next trip I have vowed to use my Palm pilot and journal everything I eat (we'll be heading to New York mid-June). I was able to walk pain free, though, which had me smiling the whole long weekend. I couldn't believe all the walking we did and yet I felt I could easily have done more. In the past I've had to drag my sorry butt back to the hotel after less than an hour, my feet and heels were so sore. And in the morning I looked to be about 90 trying to walk first thing!! But none of that happened this time so I'm here to tell you that regular exercise does so much more for you than just help you shed pounds, it can help you enjoy vacations too .

I have a bus to catch now, have to get downtown to watch the Avalanche game!!
Old 05-29-2001, 09:33 PM   #4  

Default So Quiet

Boy is it quiet in here! I am hanging my head tonight. I did so well this weekend, and even did great up till about 2 hours ago. Had vegetable fajitas planned for dinner, but had to go to the doctor with my husband. Him being his nice self, and not realizing what he was saying/doing......suggested we stop at the Chinese Buffet so I didn't have to cook this late. And I am mad because I really could have stayed fairly in points with all the selections, but the truth is, I chose not to Tomorrow is another day, and I will stay strong!

Cynthia......don't worry about that 4.6 pound gain, it will be gone in no time. Plus, look how great you are doing and how far you have come! Enjoy the Avs game. We are big fans too. We used to have season tickets at McNichols, but decided to go game by game on buying tickets since we live in Co Springs, we can't always make the games and ended up giving away alot of our games. Hmmmm....that might be another good reason for me not working. DH is very flexible in his job....it was me who can't just take off when I please. So if I am not working...hmmmm...food for thought

Hope everyone had a great Memorial Weekend. I am still learning my way around the boards since they are new from the last time.......but is there any challenge going on for maybe like Labor Day? That would be a 4 month challenge, something to work towards.

Well, off to watch the Avs and do misc during breaks. Talk to you all soon.

Sherry
Old 06-01-2001, 07:03 AM   #5  

Good morning, Folks.

Hope everyone is having a better week than I am. I started out tracking . . . I really did! I lasted 1/2 a day. I just can't seem to make the commitment to myself. No exercise this week yet either (another week from **** at work).

Oh, well. I know I burned quite a few calories over the weekend. We moved Jennifer up to one of the third floor bedrooms. That required removing the drop down ladder, my husband hoisting himself up to the third floor and then my lifting the full-sized mattress set up to him. Yes, my shoulders are still quite sore. But she's finally got the privacy she's been whining about and I've got my office back! I'm so excited about that. As soon as hubby installs the phone line in the office, I'll be able to work as late as I want (or surf as late as I want ) and not disturb his sleep (the computer is currently in our bedroom).

Ok. New day, right? I could start tracking as of today and try to get a quick walk in at lunch time. WI is tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to it.

Gotta go. Time to get Shane up for school.

Old 06-01-2001, 08:03 AM   #6  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Joanne: Are you the great mom giving your daughter a "haven"!... I always wanted to be like Greg Brady when I was a teen because his attic room was "the coolest"! ... or should I save "grooviest"... You've obviously had a lot on your mind lately and I think this is a big factor in how well someone follows the program. I know that I am neglecting other areas right now (mostly housecleaning) because I am so bent on making this program work for me. I can't give everything my full attention all the time, but even if for 1/2 a month... 2 weeks... I concentrate on me, then I feel better. I can always float back and tackle other things in the remaining 2 weeks of a month. But the key is to always re-focus on me and keep using the WW tools and ideas. When I used to feel stressed I grabbed a bag of M&M's... I still do now - but i hold onto it and say "NO WAY" - I think I'll have a diet pop instead for that chocolate fix. As long as I continually make better choices - in 10 years I should be 1000% better off.

Get back to journalling - even if you are way over in PTs and not exercising. My sister thinks I'm a freak because one weekend 3 weeks ago I had 55 pts on a Saturday and 66 on a Sunday... She said "Why even journal it???? Aren't you embarassed?" I sadi - NO - this is me and my reactions to stress at times. By journalling maybe the next time I have a bad weekend or week. I can tackle it on Day 1 by re-reading that bad week's journal. If I didn't journal the poor choices I wouldn't really be able to remember what choices I made - I would only know that it was a bad week in general. Good Luck tomorrow.... so glad you are going though to hear the lecture.
Bye, Kim
239/227/140
Old 06-02-2001, 01:53 PM   #7  

Hi!

Kim -- Thanks for the pep talk. You're right. Journalling regardless of whether you stay within your points range or not is important. Sometimes, just knowing you have to write it down keeps you from putting it in your mouth to begin with.

I thought I was the only one who'd make the "Brady" connection to Jen's new room. I'd always wanted one too but we didn't have that type of layout in my parent's home. There is still another bedroom on the third (attic) floor. It's about 2/3 the size of the one Jen took. Currently, it's being used for storage but eventually it will be fixed up and our son, Brandon, (just turned 11 in April) will be moving up there when he get's closer to 13.

Don't get me wrong, though. The decision to move Jen upstairs wasn't just to make her happy. She was residing in what was supposed to be our office/sewing room/guest bedroom. I wanted that room back. So I was quite motivated to help her transfer all her "stuff" upstairs. I figured it was worth the sore muscles this week to be able to organize my office. Now I'll have somewhere to work on my Avon business.

Oh. I went to WW this morning. Down 2.4! I know it wasn't from something I did this week. More likely it's from the 3 dinners I skipped in favor of sleep.

It's pouring outside here in Rochester, NH. What's the weather like where the rest of you are today?

Gotta go. Hubby needs to temporarily disconnect the phone lines while he finishes running the phone line for the computer to the office.

Old 06-04-2001, 06:50 AM   #8  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

Just wanted to pop in and say "hi" and let you all know I am still hanging in there. I am going to weigh-in this week, no matter what, but I really, really need to get back to journaling.

Joanne - congrats on the loss!! Did you have a total rain-out this weekend too? Our pond is overflowing!! Hopefully that one week in early May wasn't our summer. It has been really chilly up here.

Cynthia - Well, guess you'll get to see game 5. Do you get tickets to 6 too? I went to bed Saturday night and Colorado was up 2 to 1. Thought for sure they had it. Don't get into hockey much, but it's fun to watch it when the playoffs are here.

Kim & Sherry - How are you gals doing?

Well, have to get dressed for work. Hope everyone has a good week. Talk to you all soon.

Sheri
Old 06-05-2001, 04:24 PM   #9  

Hi everyone. Well, I'm kind of having a rough time of it lately ::::sigh::::: I know in the long run it is me that makes good/bad choices, so I have no excuses. But you know those cravings 99% of us get around that time of the month? You know, the ones that last a few days, then we are relieved when it is gone? Well......reverse that scenereo......only have a few days where you aren't having those cravings. I am having some major female problems, well, not really problems I guess...normal aging process I guess, but my cycles are all wacked, and I'm lucky if I have a full week before it all starts again!! I do well with normal cravings.....but something about these cravings is so hard to control! But, I refuse to give up....and I am considering going to see a Homeopathic doctor for some natural methods to help me. I have already blown today......but I am trying real hard to get my mind going in the right direction and get back on track tomorrow. It is 3 months before our vacation, and I do not want to be back up to 262. I will take baby steps to get going in the right direction. Hope everyone is doing OK....and will chat with you soon.

Sherry
Old 06-05-2001, 05:37 PM   #10  
RNY 3/1/06

Height: 5'2" and shrinking

Wink Greetings all!

Hi, Thought I might pop in from time to time, so thought I would introduce myself. Kim from NJ & I are "old" friends (actually I think that at one time we laughed about being doubles)--Does LindaH ring a bell? I had to change my name. The old one still lets me read but not reply to anything . Kim, I see you are still making that long commute to work--don't know how you do it and have young kids.

I have been on WW several times. Last time I lost 30# and was down to 225#. Needless to say--I blew it and gained back the 30 plus about 20 more. This time I have decided that I am doing this for me and me alone. I started again April 1 (just to remember what a fool I was to gain back everything) at 273.5#. I follow the WW program at home (no meetings) and weigh every Thursday morning (for recording purposes). Last Thursday I weighed 260#, so I am losing slowly but surely. It drives my hubby nuts that I won't tell him if I am losing or not--I figure that he should be able to see it. My goal is get back to the 225# by September 1--but if I don't make it, I am not going to let it be an excuse to eat everything again.

Have a good week, all. I'll stop back in from time to time
Old 06-05-2001, 08:41 PM   #11  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi gals,

Well tomorrow night is weigh-in. I am so scared to go, but am!! I really feel that I may be back to the 200 mark (or even over), esp. since the monthly monster is doing an hour now. Oh, why do I do this. Well, I will go face the scale and move on. Maybe the shock will make me kick myself in the butt to get moving on down!!

Cynthia - guess you don't have tickets to game 6 (unless you're jetting to NJ). I guess I've never heard of playing only one game in a town and then going back to the next one. I always thought it was 2 - 2 - 2 and then game 7 if needed back wherever. How are things going with you??

Setina - hey gal, are you lurking? Where did you go, you revived this thread and then disappeared. Hope you are feeling better.

Linda - welcome to our thread. The more the merrier (esp. right now when it is quiet). I commend you on doing WW at home!!

Sherry - all I can stay is stick with it. The cravings do me in too. I have a horrible week the week of the MM, and then the next week is pretty good. Then comes the week of ovulation and I have just as bad cravings as the MM week. Then the fourth week is usually pretty good. So, it is like one step forward and then one step back. I really need to refocus and get over the cycle(s) I am in.

Well, it's time for bed for me. Night all.

Sheri
Old 06-05-2001, 10:48 PM   #12  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi everyone... just checking in. Still battling my second chest infection in 2 weeks. Feel crummy!!!! I want to walk so bad but I fear I will end up wheezing terribly all night.

Linda - HEY HI!!! Glad you're back... I rejoined on 3/24 so we are so much in sync it's SCARY!!!!

Looks like we are all struggling this week. It's my TOM too! - You know they say women who work together slowly get on the same cycle.... can it be true over the internet as well??? Maybe we all talk too much that one week a month this board will be dead quiet -

Well we all know what to do though. weigh in no matter what, journal, exercise and drink our water..... I KNOW we can do this!!! I watched a special on discovery channel last night about obesity in the US. I was crying watching it. From the kids who go to a program to learn eating and activity skills - to the woman who underwent gastric bypass.... and then the saddest was this man who always battled weight - and then his wife became terminally ill with cancer. He gained over 100 lbs in the last year of her life and then had 2 children to raise. We all need to count our blessings and thank the Lord for giving us the strength to do this program - and the willpower to make it succeed. I know I personally don't have as much stress as that poor man - and I am in awe of his determination. He too lost his weight through the basic diet and exercise. His children were so proud of him too.

Well - I need to get to bed and sleep off the rest of this cold.
Chat with you all tomorrow.
Kim
239/227 (3 weeks in a row now)/140
Old 06-06-2001, 06:33 AM   #13  

Ladies!

How are you all doing? Most of you seem a bit glum. Kinda like I was for the last two weeks. This week at work at eased up just a tad and I'm feeling much better. Hope you all get there soon.

Sherri -- I live in Rochester. Are you close by? Yes, the rain has been torrential. But my grass looks great! I even have buds on my rose bushes. Think warm summer nights (low humidity please). At least it reduced our brush fire risks. Girlfriend, if you're that concerned about WI, I suggest you ask them not to tell you what the scale says -- regardless of an up, down, or same result. Afterall, TOM has a really nasty habit of screwing things up when it comes to numbers. Just a thought. Keep your chin up!

Sherry -- Massive cravings?!? I know it's probably not what you want to hear but I've found that some light exercise during TOM helps reduce the cravings. A relaxing walk, some yoga, or a leasurly bike ride. You might want to give it a try.

Loodie -- Welcome! Kudos for trying this on your own. Well, not exactly on your own. We're always here for you. Good luck!

Kim -- Two weeks with a chest cold?!? Girl, have you seen a doctor?? I hope so. I'm sending some "feel good" vibes your way right now. Here there come! Did you get them? Hope you feel 100% better soon.

Gotta go, Ladies. Time to get the little sleeping beauties up for school. (Ever notice how your little darlings turn into to "Grumpy" dwarves when you try to get them up for something as lame as school? ).

Old 06-06-2001, 09:17 PM   #14  
SJR
Just stick with it!!

Hi all,

Just had to pop-in real quick to tell you that I did gain tonight, but only 1.4lbs (not as bad as I expected). To my defense, I also had on jeans and a long sleeve top, and I ALWAYS weigh in wind pants and a t-shirt. The good news is that I ended up being 199.8!!!! I really did not want to see that number start with a "2". Someone up there is looking out for me!! Started my journal tonight and vow to really try and stick to it this week. My schedule doesn't look too bad, and I think I'll even be able to get in some exercise. Not usually this upbeat with a gain, but boy am I glad I was under 200!!! So my third year anniversary with WW ends with me losing 1.6lbs my 3rd year. As my husband said, it could have been a 1.6lb gain!!

Joanne - I live north of you, about 30 minutes above Concord in a real small town. I told the girl I didn't want to know what my weight was, but I saw her write that "1" and after that it didn't matter.

Have to get to bed.

Sheri
280/199.8/160 low = 190 11/00
Old 06-06-2001, 09:26 PM   #15  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Sheri - good for you .... yeah that "2" would've killed me too when you've worked at it so hard. I can't wait for the day!!!!

Cynthia - Where are you?????? Are you avoiding us here in NJ???????

Joanne - I'm starting to feel a little better today. It's my asthma that gets me in trouble at least 2X a month now. I'm glad I walked so much last week while I was feeling well because this week ZERO activity pts so far!!!! But when I am wheezing this bad - I'm not going to be stupid!

Let' hear from everyone else.
Chat with you all later.
Kim
239/227 (3 weeks in a row now)/140
Closed Thread