Old 05-01-2005, 07:16 AM   #1  
Moderator - 30 Somethings

Default Week of~~May 1st~~

Good Morning Everyone!

Another early morning here folks. I guess I will have to wait until he's a teenager to sleep in! I'm going to enjoy waking him up then I think. .

Lisa: He enjoyed the rides at Disney, but DH says he doesn't think they were as twirly as the one we went on. I dunno. We got season passes so we'll have plenty of chances to see if he likes the rides.

I hope y'all are having a nicer weather weekend than we are. It rained all day yesterday and it's cloudy out there today. I was hoping to go to the zoo today but it doesn't look like we will be going.

Have a great Sunday!
KarenK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 09:06 AM   #2  

newmyers....Congratulations on your 2 lb. loss!!! That's wonderful Can you tell me what AF is?

KarenK, sorry about the SixFlags incident. What a bummer I hope that your little one is better now. I'm thinking i might have to use the "visual aide" suggestion for my dh ....

LBH, way to go with the potty training!! My daughters weren't potty trained until 3. What a relief to have no more diapers in the house

Momadance, thinking of you today, as I believe today is the BIG day...book-signing, right? Let us know how it went, K?

edith
mom2twinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:35 AM   #3  
No description available.

I heard that at Disneyland they call vomit "protein spills". I wonder what the code name at 6 Flags is??

Gorgeous day here in the sunny Southwest....Fascinating that the bride to be with cold feet chose to come to Albuquerque. I find that my town pops up in the strangest places on the media grid.

The only goals I managed to reach were running three times and elliptical once. Oh well! Tomorrow is another day!

Hope you all are having a nice weekend!! TTFN! Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 12:45 PM   #4  
LBH

S/C/G: 279.8/276.9/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi All,

Jen, my mom was telling me about that story...I totally missed it! Did she end up married, or not?

Edith, You mean visual aide as far as potty training? I've suggested it, but men are such morons when it comes to bathroom privacy!!

Karen, You are nuts!! We're thinking of hitting Sesame Place maybe in June again...you interested? Peter had an awesome time last year, and I bet he'll have even more fun this year!

Having a fairly quiet Sunday here, aside from a perpetually whiney baby.
LBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:17 PM   #5  

Default Question?

We posted our goals for last week under Goals: Week of April 24th...Where do we post the results (ie: whether or not we met our goals)?

thanks for helping the newbie

edith
Old 05-01-2005, 01:57 PM   #6  
LBH

Edith, I meant to answer you before...AF = Aunt Flo (your period!) AKA...the Hag!

How about we post the results of our goals by the end of the week, like Saturday or Sunday AM, and I'll (or someone) can start the new weeks goal thread showing the results? Kind of like our challenges??
Old 05-01-2005, 03:47 PM   #7  
No description available.

Hey Lauren,
I guess she went running last week and then did not go home. Rather she took a bus out west and ended up in ABQ, where she first told the cops she was kidnapped and then later said she wasn't. Poor thing. It was all over the news, you know, and people feared the worst. I feel sorry for her family too. I guess her fiance is being very understanding.
Jen
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 06:49 PM   #8  
Working on Weight loss!!!

Good Evening all.....I am without computer until Monday so DH hooked up my old computer to the net and it works until ours is finished on Monday..The joys of having a teenager, they download virus and crash out your system a couple times a year even though U have every virus protection they make!!!
Lauren--K is not consistant on the potty cuz they dont enforce it at daycare..THat makes me nuts cuz it is confusing..Well..anything is better that being 8 like SD#2 was...

Karen--what a mess..I would have been the one with the "protein spill" if it was a twirly ride!!!!

Hello all..I have to go do "damage control"!!!!
Have a great evening
RR
RoadRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:02 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Hello all, I would have been on earlier but today is my B-day and after church I fell asleep, then parents took me out for dinner. We ate at an Italian resturant called Ciao! It was very good, and I got a free desert. I shared it w/ mom and what we didn't eat, they took. It was very rich, too rich actually.

I have to work on my Advertising homework, so I will catch you all later.
lppennington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:07 PM   #10  
LBH

Happy Birthday Lisa!!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:14 AM   #11  
looking for size 12!

Welcome Edith!

Happy Birthday Lisa!

Well... It's Monday... Back to work. The weekends never seem long enough! My DH spent the whole weekend working around the house! He fixed things, washed things, and even did dishes! He's a great guy!

I have done well on no seconds but not so well on snacks after 8 I think I need to change that to 1 snack but watch portion size. I love to watch TV or read just before bed. It's just nice to have a snack.

Kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 10:52 AM   #12  

Thanks for remembering Edith - my day went great! I found a great outfit earlier in the week, it just fit (white linen pants & black linen shirt, I wore it with a shawl I made especially for the day, check my blog later for photos). I kept up with the exercise all week, until Sunday then took the morning off. We had a great turn out, sold lots of books, signed a bunch and met some really nice, interesting people. I think my mother and husband were more more nervous than I was!

Thanks for all your support everyone!

My goal for this week is to try to keep my calories up (yes, I said up) to at least 1700 a day - my body goes into hold on to it mode below that point. I think that will mean smaller snacks throughout the day.
Momadance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 01:52 PM   #13  

Default WooHoo!!

Congratulations, Momadance!! I'm so glad to hear your signing went well ...I bet you didn't need that second pen afterall...

edith
Old 05-02-2005, 07:37 PM   #14  
LBTEPA

Hi everyone
Happy birthday Lisa! And congratulations Moma! I will look for your blog and admire your shawl. Are you a weaver as well as a writer? Wow!
I'm glad potty training is still months away (my DD is 17 months)...it all sounds too confusing!
Kristina - I go for 'damage control' with evening snacks - like low-fat yoghurt or even just one kahlua-and-milk (kind of like a chocolate milk drink, only better ). If we end up with a yummy dessert in the house I sometimes freeze single portions so I can have just one if I want to and no temptation to eat the lot!
My problem is portion control at dinner time, and eating it while I'm cooking it . I made a great veggie curry last night tho so that's not too bad to overeat on (or so I told myself). DD is teething AGAIN so we've been up at night a lot and I just haven't been able to bring myself to get up at 5.45 to run at the gym, and it's sooo hard to go out again after work...but I AM GOING TONIGHT!! DH is so supportive and encouraging, bless him. The 4km Mothers' Day fun run is this Sunday, and I am thinking of doing a 10km on May 29th - too much too soon?
Anyway this is a bit of a ramble, thanks for listening, everyone have a good day
LBTEPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 06:54 AM   #15  
looking for size 12!

Moma- Congrats on the great book signing!

LBTEPA- Thanks for the idea on snacks. Last night I had Cinnamon Life cereal. Just sweet enough but not chocolate... which once I start eating I don't stop.

I made pizza last night and only ate 2 slices!!! 10 WW points total I use dough from the grocery store deli, my own sauce (zero points), and WHOLE milk mozzarella. Not using low fat cheese adds a point a slice but boy it makes it taste like real pizzeria pizza!

Kristina
newmyers is offline   Reply With Quote