Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Weekend Chat - April 30th, May 1st

Good Morning Everyone

Whats shakin this fine weekend ?

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 09:51 AM   #2  
Baby Steps

Leenie: Enjoy your weekend!! Hopefully it's warm for you!

Well, stepped on the scale and I'm down only 1 pound. But ya know, I'll take it. I figure it's my own fault that I gained the weight....so I should be happy if the scale goes DOWN instead of up. Sure, would love it if it went down faster..but I FEEL better. FEEL skinnier. So that's what I'll be happy with. Have decided I need to try and figure out a way to stay OP when we go to the GS overnight in a couple weeks. Can bring my own food somehow I guess. Will have to see if I can find some LC brownies to take with for a snack instead of eating their "Dump Cake" (cake mix, pie filling and I don't know what else all dumped into a pan and then cooked over a fire). I need to seriously think on this one. Would love to stay OP as much as possible!!!
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 12:19 PM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Good Afternoon

Another dreary rainy day here in Buffalo

Brenda~ good luck with your outing....I can only imagine how good a dump cake would taste cooked over a fire!! You can do it tho....bring your own precooked chicken and a bag of fresh veggies with a nice dip...maybe a few cheese strings. You can do it!!

Happy Weekend Leenie

Both dh and I slept horribly last night. It was well past 4:30 this morning before I finally got to sleep. I dont know about dh, it think it was closer to 6! Guess we didnt do enough yesterday to make us tired. Of course, my brain remembers all kinds of things that I had thankfully forgotten, so of course, I have to go back there and think about what I would have done different. So.....today's agenda includes .....being busy enough to be tired tonight!!

Off for coffee, (maybe a bit more decaf) then I dont know....but we'll be busy

Have a great day everyone!
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 05:51 AM   #4  

OH!!
It took me a while to figure out that Low Carb is gone, or merged! The link didnt' work and I was logged off so I thought I was LOST!

Now I'm found. Whewww...that's a relief!

Hi, I'm dottie, nice to be back in the larger group, and I see familiar faces. Hi Leenie, Brenda, Robin>
Have Kel and L144 stopped by?

Well, I guess I'll give a little update...I have been posting here for about 4 years...lost on Atkins, but have tried and liked most generic LC plans for a long time. Have spend most of this year trying to eat LESS, but this isn't going so well. But I'm not really doing anything right now. I am eating carbs, but trying for whole grains and low-glycemic fruits, but mostly I'm not dieting at all.

Married to DH for 11 years, no kids. We both work full time in a hospital. Bought a new (50year old cape) house 2 almost 2 years ago and are struggling with the fixer-upper issues. It could be fun, but there are a bunch of the boring yet expensive not-decorating things needed-new windows, furnace, yada-yada. (can you believe how much yada costs these days!)

I'm up early today to get a head start on the rest of the weekend chores...a quick grocery shop, take my DS's dogs out(she is away for the day for DN softball tournament in Joisey(hi leenie). She has 2 King Charles spaniels that are very cute and goofy...but they need a lot of lap-time, so Aunt Dot will go oblige them.

that's it! Nice to see ya's all...and hi Ruth if you're out there!

have a good one,
dottie

b-whole wheat/oatmeal pancakes
l-chicken salad, cuke salad
d-salmon cakes
dottiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:01 AM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Hey Dottie, its good to see your back. I agree, this is nice to have the entire group together. Ohh and about the dieting (me either ) but I keep trying.

Where is the SUN ??????????????? dang gum it.
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 07:57 AM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

I found you all.
Not sure how but I did!

I have been working hard the last few months doing school auctions. Last night was my kids school auction. got home just past one am and i am a little pooped this moring. We did very well last night. I work tech by the way, Run and process all of the data.

I am running another auction this coming friday and now have to switch geers to the other school. It won't be as big a money makler, about 1/2 the value of the first auction, but if they do as well as the first school it will be a great auction.

off to read this board and find out how and where I found it!

I hope ruthie findas us too!
-L
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:05 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

L & Dottie......Im glad you found us Kel stopped by earlier in the week.

Quiet day yesterday...didnt stay op all day, but that was my own fault for not eating enough yesterday. I had taken dil grocery shopping, and got home 2 hrs late, and was so hungry I could have eaten the bags the groceries were in. But even after I ate supper, it wasnt enough. So I had some cheese and crackers, and 3 tbs of peanut butter dipped in raisins and choco chips. I dont feel bad about it, just my own stupidity. Lesson?? Eat more legal stuff daily!!

I slept last night!! its a wonderful thing Well, I think I better go get my act in gear, its time for coffee and a read of the sunday paper.

Have a great sunday
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:08 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good weekend, cluckers! It's the first of May and I just saw the sun for a bit. We are certainly green but too darn wet to garden.
Lucy seems completely recovered from her doggie anorexia so I may take her for a wee walk this afternoon down to the Mill. I took Hershey to Church so now it's L's turn for one on one.
It was opening day at the Greenhouse eysterday and we had a good crowd despite the rain. Having baskets and planters at 20% off helps the cause. Today should be good too although I'm not going in until Monday.
Have a super weekend, chickies.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #9  

Yeaaa! Dottie and L found their way! I was getting worried about you guys - thought we might need to send out a search party.

It is very sunny out this morning. Yesterday had gathering high clouds and was kinda gloomy and humid and I thought for sure there would have been rain last night. Actually, I accused Melis of bringing some SF weather with her. She and her friend (yeah, I guess he is her boyfriend but she is kinda blah about him) came to town with a group from school (another classmate's family lives in town also) and I saw them for a few hours yesterday. I drove accross town to get them @ 3:30, we went to a late lunch at a mexican rest., then I brought them home until 7:30 when I took them back to the classmate's house. They all will be going back to SF today. She will come home, solo, in a couple weeks for a regular visit.

So no John date this weekend (even tho it was mentioned last weekend when I spent 6+ hours watching him play baseball) but maybe something will happen today. (not holding my breath - with John I have learned not to expect anything and just enjoy whatever comes along when it comes along) BUT I have been e-mailing with a match from E-Harmony. He is someone my age but doesn't have kids or dogs - kinda wonder what the heck we will talk about. But I'm not looking for a husband or stepfather for my kids right now, just looking for some FUN for me so maybe it will work out. I really click with John (MAJOR spark there) but it would really be nice to have that with someone that was 'available' also. Ok, enough about my (potential) love life.

Food: Earlier in the week I actually launched down into the 140s but, alas, it wasn't meant to last. I got there by not eating much for a couple days (I was keyed up and busy) and that isn't a realistic formula for weight loss. I really not too unhappy with hovering around 151 - if I can just eat light at lunch, eat a good, reasonable dinner and not get into the sugaries in the evening I can maintain it.

Oops - the morning is getting away from me. I better go jump in the shower and get busy around here.

It's really nice to be back with Leens, Robin, Brenda, etc. I've missed you guys!

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 01:34 PM   #10  
Baby Steps

Hi everyone. Just thought I'd check in quick. Not doing much of anything today. Should be cleaning but ya know, I just don't have the energy. Went to a new church it energized me while I was there...but now I feel emotionally and physically exhausted. Anyone else ever have that happen? Yup, can't wait to go back again But I'm thinking of taking a nap Hope you all are enjoying your weekend---we're supposed to get SNOW. EWW!!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2005, 02:40 PM   #11  
on my way down again

Hi everyone!

HI Brenda, I'm glad you had fun at church. I get like that with anything, weddings, parties, church. It's like I get amped out from liking it, then exhaust myself. Snow?!?

Hi Leenie, Kel, Dottiejon, L, Ruth, Robin.

Nice to meet all the people I have not posted with yet.

I'm just taking off to go to town. We're fixing up our little covered deck off of our bedroom for little or no money. We've never used this space, and I can picture it a nice reading and sewing area for the summer. We're going to glass it in and put a storm door on. I'm thinking of Shabby Chic decor, light and bright, since I have lots of old furniture I can paint up in fun ways; it's amazing what a little paint and fabric can do.

See you all later.

Last edited by Sonnet; 05-01-2005 at 02:43 PM.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote