South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 05:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default HUMP Day Again - April 27

Coffee is needed very badly for some reason this morning - maybe because it may rain and I always feel more draggy those days. I'm hoping the weatherperson is wrong again as Sarah is coming this morning and I really want more raking done. (She certainly is not as enthusiastic and energetic as she was last Spring. Her days may be numbered. )

The greenhouse is looking terrific and is nearly completely ready for the official opening on Saturday. I'll post a picture. Lorraine and Dave have put the business on the market but are being very quiet about it. Nothing can screw your business up faster than rumours that you are closing! If I were 10 years younger I'd buy it.

Lucy seems to have recovered from her hunger strike. Is there such a thing as an anorexic dog? We are going to the vet for anti-rabies shots and heartworm bloodwork today but the crisis is over. Now after I've written that, she'll probably refuse her breakfast!

Grab a coffee or tea and sit down under the big umbrella for a chat!
Old 04-27-2005, 06:58 AM   #2  
Tara

S/C/G: 178/172/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning Ruth and all of you other chickies! It looks like rain here as well! I hope not! I still haven't planted my vegetable plants yet! I have to go get some 10-10-10 and some more top soil to mix up in my garden first. My Dad gave me some of his plants that he started from seeds. He had a lot so he shared. There are a few different kind of tomatoes(beef eater,cherry,big boy) egg plant, green pepper, and cucumbers. I went to Wal-Mart last week and bought some fencing to go around it so hopefully my little " rugrats" don't get into it!

Good Luck on opening day Ruth! I can't wait to seen your pictures! Also, I'm glad to hear that Lucy is doing better! Well, it's time for me to get busy! I'll try to stop back in around lunch time. Have a wonderful OP day gals! ~TARA~
Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 AM   #3  
A Lily from my yard!

Good morning Chickies! Not much happenin around here. The scale is on strike I guess cause it ain't moving! lol I know it will one day I just wish it was today! lol

Ruth..Sounds like another jam packed day for you!

Tara...Sounds like your garden is coming right along. DS wants to plant him some tom. plants. We'll see.

Well I'm off to goof off. I need to get some laundry goin. Talk with y'all Chicks later. Have a great day all!
Old 04-27-2005, 08:03 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls. Get out your umbrellas. Umbrullas? Oh, whatever. It's raining like the dickens here.

My scale moved downwards this morning, and I'm thinking I've found a new diet.
One roast turkey sandwich, three packages of Sesame Snaps, a Whopper w/cheese, and two Coronas.

What a night! My meeting here went well. Everyone loved our house, and it is now CLEAN!! Then we went out for a beer afterwards and had a fun time. (great bunch of people) I got home around 11:30, and DH was still awake. We lay awake until about 3:30 talking about all kinds of interesting things. He's calling in sick today, and I am DEFINITELY going to take a nap this afternoon!

Ruth, I'm glad Lucy is feeling better.
If I had the money (how much do I need?), I'd buy the greenhouse. If you moved it closer to Ottawa.

Tara, I hope your garden thrives! I love eating tomatoes right in the garden. It's the best.

Bamie, me too with the laundry. I swear it multiplies when I miss even one day of laundry duty.

Must get the kids off... back later...
Old 04-27-2005, 08:06 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

Well, no gardening today. It's really pouring out there so Sarah has been cancelled. I don't feel up to figuring out indoor jobs for her.

Tara, where do you live? Eggplant, peppers, tomatoes and cukes don't go into the garden until the end of may around here. Actually I seldom plant my peppers until mid-june. We are US Zone 4 or Canada Zone 5. I'm envious.

Bamie, doing laundry doesn't sound like goofing off to me.

So, chickies, shall I use this rainy morning to tackle my sewingroom. A very good RL/Net friend is coming for a visit on Friday and I know she'll want to snoop in there. If I can't have a super garden, I can at least have a tidy sewingroom.

Princess Lucy ate her breakfast, by the way, and then wanted some of my whole wheat bagel! Brat!

I'll pop in later.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:12 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

That's so sweet that you want to clean your sewing room for your friend, Ruth. Yes, I'm sure she'll want to snoop in there.
I was going to say that she might also be inclined to run her white gloved finger along the tread mill, but that might be too ironic.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:13 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

Crap! I'd better dust the treadmill!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:14 AM   #8  
gotta lose it!

Morning chicks! Still on phase I & still doing a great job. Gotta blast off to work! I'll check in this evening - have a great day!!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:25 AM   #9  

Good morning chickies! sorry I haven't posted in a while. It has been crazy at work and in my volunteer life. I am Vice Chair for a Board of Directors for a nonprofit and our chair and secretary resigned this weekend. It has been like the "Days of our Lives" around here! Nothing like more drama the week of our largest fundraising event of the year to stir things up! One thing that I learned over the past week is that people have many different personalities and management styles...which can definitely lead to conlict. Actually, it is something that I knew, but had forgotten. Man, was it a weekend!!! I guess I'll be the chairman for a while....at least until an election can be held. Hmmm...this should be interesting!!

Plus, our director (staff member) of the org that I volunteer for is having heart problems and is going in for tests tomorrow. She may end up needing open heart surgery! YIKES! So, keep all of us in your prayers. Heaven knows we need it!

Had a good weekend other than being sick...finally fighting off the cold, though. Wrigley, my little canine baby, turned 1 year old on Monday, so we had a little party for him. I know, I know, it's a little strange, but he's the only kid that Anthony and I have...yet.

Thanks for everything! Hope you chickies have a great day! Talk to you soon!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:55 AM   #10  
Workin' it!!

Good news: It's Wednesday, which means in about 2 hours my work week is half way over.

Bad news: My BF's mom gave us a nice rug to put under our dining room table. When I got home last night I moved all the furniture in the dining room, vacuumed then vacuumed the rug and put everything back in place. During the time between when I left for work this morning (at 7:30am) and when my BF got up (around 9:15am) our puppy, Princess, has started chewing on a corner of the rug. Unfortunately, my BF is taking this quite hard as he is concerned that it will appear to his mom that we don't appreciate the rug and that we can't take care of nice things. I told him not to worry - that his mom is quite aware that we have the puppy and his mom is much more understanding than he is giving her credit for. In the meantime, I told him to spray the edges of the rug with the No Chew and then bring Princess to a sprayed spot and let her taste it - she won't come back to it after that!!

So, when he's bummed, it's hard for me to stay in a good mood, too. Funny how that happens.

So we'll go back to the good news - the work week is almost half way over. Oh, and it's paycheck week. There... I'll just focus on that for today.

Have a great day, chickies!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #11  
Come on Spring!

I can relate. I spent a heck of a lot to get our back room couch reupholstered and Lucy, who was a real PITA puppy, chewed one of the skirt flaps on the third day! I hope the BF gets over his snit quickly - no fun when they are bummed out.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:24 AM   #12  
Workin' it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I can relate. I spent a heck of a lot to get our back room couch reupholstered and Lucy, who was a real PITA puppy, chewed one of the skirt flaps on the third day! I hope the BF gets over his snit quickly - no fun when they are bummed out.
I keep looking at your incentive for getting below 195lbs and I think that kind of incentive is a great idea.

I really need to do something special for myself when I get below 200. It will be the first time since I was junior in high school that I've been below that threshold (so, over 11 years now). Here are a couple of ideas I have:

Splurge on a day at the spa (facial, manicure, pedicure)
Take a Monday off work and go out of town on a Sunday with BF
Buy something under $50 that I would not normally spend money on

Hopefully I'll decide before I reach that goal!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #13  
YES!! You Can!!

S/C/G: 274/150.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning Chickies!!

I've got my cupp of coffee and my yogurt is laready eaten...I'm going to run soon as I've got to start my day...but I just wated to talk to you, Ruth, about anorexia in dogs.

Quote:
Is there such a thing as an anorexic dog?
Yes!! But not in the same way as humans!! When a dog refuses its food, it is generally a sign of an illness. I had a standard poodle who at the age of 13 yrs, developed kidney disease and lost her appetite.

My chow mix went on a hunger strike a couple of years ago and did not eat a thing for 5 days... I was very freaked out and had all kinds of tests done and still came up with the wrong diagnosis because my vet was a jerk!! When she had a second attack, I had an endoscope done by a different vet and finally got a good diagnosis...she now suffers from IBD and I have to feed her a Rx diet.

Hope your baby is OK!!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:39 AM   #14  
Come on Spring!

Lucy's problem is that she is a very healthy but spoiled brat of a Portuguese Water Dog - I work with a breeder and our dogs are generally very healthy.

I switched her from my wonderful homemade raw food to a commercial kibble and she refused it! Since I was too busy to make another batch of the "good" stuff, I fed her eggs, sardines and raw hamburger for a few meals and she refused the usual good stuff when I offered it. Yesterday she decided that I was still the Goddess and decided to eat again. I am sure that was the problem but am checking it out with the vet today too.

Thanks for your concern.

Hey, maybe we need a pet thread as well as a garden thread!
Old 04-27-2005, 10:59 AM   #15  

Good Morning everyone.

Three cheers for grilled vegetables! They are so good and so healthy. I hate to make you envious, but here in CA it is grilling weather most of the time.

I am focusing on foods that I like. I am going to start working on a list to remind myself that there are indeed things I like a lot that can easily be worked into my eating plan.

Heading off for an ordinary busy day at the office. There is a stuffed portobello mushroom in my 'fridge calling my name for lunch. Tomorrow will be lunch out at a really nice place but I will deal with that then.

The home scale is showing a weight loss already, but the one I count is the one at ww because it is more reliable. I won't see that one until Monday.

Sassygal and Ruth - At least puppies eventually stop chewing. Birds don't. Our cockatoo has eaten a lampshade and a couple of buttons off of the tv remote recently.

mrscharleston Not strange at all to have a party for your "furchild". I don't understand people who think animals are "just animals".

I admire everyone's patience with gardening. The tomatoes are looking good but the leaves on the squash look funny and something ate my basil! I get so frustrated sometimes.

Hang in there everybody!

BirdLady
Closed Thread