South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  

Default Anyone on Phase 1 having trouble sleeping through the night? rop

I'm in Day 10 of Phase 1, and while I have no trouble falling to sleep, the past 3 out of 5 nights I've been waking up several times during the night and having trouble falling back to sleep. A couple of times I just got out of bed at 5 a.m. and started my day. I feel absolutely exhausted, though, and my job requires that my brain fires on all cylinders.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:24 AM   #2  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Sera, it sounds like you need to see a doctor, hon, unless you are waking up to go to the bathroom from all the water you've been drinking.

Sleep disturbances can be nothing, but they can also be symptoms of many major problems, from sleep apnea to depression. Make sure you check with your physician, okay?
Old 04-26-2005, 11:38 AM   #3  

I saw my doctor for a complete physical the week before I started SB and she recommended it to me. I'm otherwise healthy and this waking in the night started after about 5 days on SB. Just wondering if it's because of my dramatically lower carb intake. Carbs do induce sleepiness/sleep. Also could be hormonal. But wanted to hear if anyone else experienced this.
Old 04-26-2005, 02:31 PM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

I actually get better sleep when I am OP than when I am not.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #5  

I thought that was kinda harsh to say go to a doctor for a few nights of waking up. Probably harmless and hormonal. Might need a new mattress I was waking up from the cravings and because I was hungry in some cases. I was use to eating before bed before I started my diet and I had trouble sleeping because I was so use to having a 'snack'...son't worry, it will get better...maybe drink some hot tea an hour or so before you go to bed..decaf of course! and try to sit somewhere calm and dimmed..I got sleepy before I knew it and slept through the night. Well, thats my 2 cents for what its worth..lol
Old 04-26-2005, 04:19 PM   #6  
beachbum

Hi Sera

I'm on the SB for 1 1/2 years and I do have problems falling asleep also. Went to the doctor for a phycial and I'm healthy,The reason was the room was not dark enough.So I invested in a shade darkener. I also take my calcium tablets 1/2 hr before bed time,a tip I got from my vitamin store Manager. Hope that helps Hugs BB
Old 04-26-2005, 05:01 PM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilli26
I thought that was kinda harsh to say go to a doctor for a few nights of waking up.
Not at all. This isn't a medical board, and we're not professionals... only volunteers trying to give the best information we can.
As moderators; jwilli, we have to be really careful about giving people advice.
We can't afford to make mistakes where someones well-being is concerned.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:07 PM   #8  

Default I have had a lot of strange reactions to SB

I had stomach cramping, loss of appetite, sore muscles, and a touch of insomnia. I am in the fourth week, and I do feel better now.

A friend of mine who is a holistic healer told me that the body works in cycles, and sometimes those cycles, especially when we detox, are intense and lead us to wake up in the middle of the night. She didn't tell me this in relation to SB, but I think it still applies.

I don't have any real suggestions on what you could do to stop this from happening, other than to tough it out.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:18 PM   #9  

I actually sleep much better when i'm SBing it.
Old 04-27-2005, 10:25 AM   #10  

Thanks for all your input! I did sleep through the night last night. Yay! Though I had a bout of intense upper GI distress around 8 last night, which did subside. Must be all those veggies!
Closed Thread