South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2005, 06:03 PM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Angry Is it just me....????????

It seems the more veggies I eat the hungrier I get! I don't get it. Is it just me or are others the same way? I have ate 2 big ol bowls of veggie soup w/lean ground meat in it and I feel like I am starving! UGH!
Old 04-26-2005, 08:04 AM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Bamie~Sometimes I feel that way too. I think it's because there isn't any protein in them to sustain us. I know that a protein snack will last me longer than a carb one will.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:10 AM   #3  
Trapped Skinny Person

I'm finding the more water I drink the hungrier I get.

I could have just eaten an hour before but I chug down a bottle of water and I feel hungry again.

Kim
Old 04-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #4  
A Lily from my yard!

Sil....Maybe...I had some groundbeef in there but not a whole lot. Maybe I need to make it with beef tips instead. (which I would rather have anyway!) lol

Bups...I am the same with water sometimes. Maybe it is just our body craving more? I don't know but it is really a pain! lol

Thanks Chicks!
Old 04-26-2005, 09:09 AM   #5  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Are you truly hungry (in that your stomach is growling and hurting) or is your mind hungry?

I did Weigh Down a couple years ago and found that my "settings" for hunger were completely screwed up!!! I went from eating a supersized meal at Burger King with a dessert and still feeling starved to eating half a happy meal and being completely full. Do you know what I mean?

I find it hard to imagine that your stomach could be full of two bowls of soup and still truly be hungry. I wonder if maybe it might be your head? I find that when I eat more than enough food, but it's not stuff that I consider "tasty" or "rewarding", I still feel "hungry", but it's just my head telling me that I deserve to eat something more "fun". You know what I mean? I think this is a head issue...part of our old eating habits that we need to vanquish!

That said, if you really are hungry in that your stomach is growling and hurting, you may want to eat a bit of protein...some lean meat, maybe a cheese stick and see if that helps. And I'd add some beans to that soup, Bamie...I think that might help, too. What about Lentils?

Regarding the water, often hunger hides as thirst. When it's really hot outside, I often come in and think that I don't ever want to eat again...I just feel exhausted and thirsty. But as soon as I get enough water in, I'm ravenous! If you haven't eaten in a while and drink your water, then find you are hungry (your belly rumbles and hurts) then you probably are, so eat something! Just make sure it includes protein for lasting fullness and veggies for more fullness and fiber.
Old 04-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #6  
A Lily from my yard!

Hey Laurie...Thanks for the reply. No it was actually hunger belly hurt! I'm pretty good on tellin between hunger and grazin. lol I drank some SF kool-aide and ate some cheese and waited about 30 mins and just felt as if I had not eaten. I still waited about and hour or so before I ate again. I love to eat veggie soup so I wasn't feelin deprived or anything I was really enjoyin it. I did finally drink a glass of milk and did not eat anymore. I felt full! lol Thanks again for your reply...Alot of food for thought in there! lol
Old 04-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #7  

Just add some kidney beans or other types of beans to your soup - the added protein will help fill you up.
Old 04-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #8  

Height: 5' 2"

Might want to add some Fat Free cheese in your soup and beans. Extra fiber will also be more filling. I hate being and feeling hunger.
Old 04-29-2005, 11:53 AM   #9  

I agree with the beans suggestion. You veggies might be too light. Need to add more fiber, which fills you up! That's why I try to eat my veggies in my meal first (broccolli is awesome for making you full). That way, mentally, I'm not finishing my meat and then going "wow, I could really go for more of that instead of these veggies".

I find that alot of my hunger comes from boredom. When I am busy at work, I don't even think about eating and could skip meals all day. But when there's nothing to do, that's all I can think about.
Closed Thread