Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-23-2005, 02:26 PM   #1  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

Default How much is too much?

Hi there!

I've heard in places that you should exercise at most 5 days a week. Take the other two days sitting on your butt!

This week I've done

Mon - Kickboxing
Tue - Kickboxing
Wed - Legs, Bums & Tums
Thurs - Kickboxing
Fri - 6 minute (yes that's minutes!) jog
Sat - Swam a mile (1 hr 15mins)

I'm kinda thinking Friday was a rest day cos I only did 6 minutes and aren't you supposed to exercise for 30 mins every day? Anyway, I'm going to have to have tomorrow off to do some uni work, I'm just wondering does this feel feasible to you lot?

I'm fairly fit at the moment and I don't feel at all exhausted by it. If I'd got up today with an "exhaustion" headache I wouldn't have gone swimming! In fact all this exercise is chilling me out BIG TIME! I'm right in the middle of my finals but I'm loving the calm feeling I'm keeping hold of!

Keep on running!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 09:32 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

I wouldn't think of that as too much exercise, the only thing I might be concerned about is doing the kickboxing two days in a row because that is a really intense workout. But if that is the schedule at the gym or you feel fine that go ahead with it. I try to alternate each day.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 12:38 PM   #3  
Ilene the Bean

If YOU are comfortable with this schedule GO for it!! I exercise when I can, when I feel good. As you get fitter you want to exercise more.... If I'm tired one day because of a certain workout the day before I take a rest and resume the next day...I exercise 5-6 days/week...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2005, 01:53 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 202/144/Lean/Fit

Height: 5'2

I agree with Ilene. Your body will tell you when you need to rest. I try to exercise 7 days a week. 4 days cardio and weights and 3 days just cardio. Sometimes my cardio is riding the stationary bike (very low impact) but I am still getting my heart rate up.

Tiki
tikanique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:09 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

I think it is good to do it. Especially if it is keeping you in good spirits. I have found that the more I excersise the more energy I have the rest of the day so I just keep at it. I don't do a whole lot of weights but I do try to alternate them if I am. I'm not a professional or anything, but I think the cardio is good for you. Keep it up.
jennie934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 11:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 238/157/138

Height: 5'4

I agree with everyone. Just listen to your body, it will tell you if you need to chill out a bit.
flxthct107 is offline   Reply With Quote