Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-21-2005, 09:19 AM   #1  
prepare for the BEST time

Default Thirsty Thursday Thread!

Remember to drink enough today.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:30 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey marble! great reminder!
I just saw a great big article in the new Oprah magazine about are you drinking enough. I always try to get in my 64 oz of pure water, but I do better if I get in even more.

What's everybody doing today?

I did 2 miles this morning. That makes 19.5 for April so far.

The boss's son is having a garage sale here in the shop tomorrow, so it's gonna be wild around here today and tomorrow can I go home so I can get some work done pleaaaaaaase.

Anybody watch American Idol??? can you believe that America voted off Anwar last night! I still can't believe it!

Ok I'm gonna have to get busy. will check back later.

hugs & blessings,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:43 AM   #3  

Ya I saw it Cath.........I didn't think he would win it but he definately is more of a star than Scott or Jonathan......just my opinion.

I played this or that this morning and my choice was yell or cry......I was so hurt at work this morning about something that happened with one of my co-workers. Instead of showing my hurt I felt angry........I vented to hubby when I got home and after ranting a raving for 30 mins I said "How can they be so cruel after we worked so hard last night?".......and then he said "Ya that was the feeling that started this whole thing".........and I shed a tiny tear..........now I can go to sleep.

Have a great day everyone........I'll be snoozing.

Be well.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 10:48 AM   #4  
CIN

Goooooooooooooooooood Morning Ladies!

I just got in from a wonderful walk.........I checked the mailbox for yesterdays mail and Weight Watchers had sent me a package with a new pedometor in it.....and 2 bags of the new WW & Whitmans candy..which I tore into right away and shared with hubby,daughter and bookeeper..1 point each & individually wrapped.mint and carmel pecan!!! Only 6 in each bag
THENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN I read the letter that came with it .................................................. ................it said to share the candy with your receptionist! !!!!!!!!What a hoot...we all died laughing then I said I will have to go buy some at Target for my receptionists! I have 5 different receptionist!

Morale of the story:READ BEFORING CONSUMING GIFTS FROM OTHERS !

Oh well.the candy was yummy for breakfast! Ha Ha

Later
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 12:06 PM   #5  
prepare for the BEST time

Whoops! That's right up there with a HUGE blooper I made a few years back.....I had gotten my payroll check and for some STRANGE reason, I was also sent the paycheck of a high-ranking hospital official...being a good sport, I called his secretary and offered to walk the check to her office.....later on, I opened my paycheck.....but it was HIS I opened..... . Then I had to explain my stupidity and felt he did not believe me
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:45 PM   #6  

Good morning everyone.....it is a really nice day here today.....warm & sunny. DH & I sat out on the deck for coffee & breakfast.

Doing good with the Core program....love the baked oatmeal I made....I made it into muffins & put it in the freezer....usually have 1 or 2 in a day....when I am out in the daytime....will bring them with me to have when I am hungry.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:23 PM   #7  
CIN

April
Baked oatmeal?Explain.

Can you please enlarge your print..................it is hard for me to read.

Explain about the baked oatmeal.

Of course you know the muffins are points...right?

I am leaving for a mtg I am subbing and will BBL

Cheers!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:34 PM   #8  

Cin.....sure I can explain the baked oatmeal....it has all Core ingreients......also I made my font bigger....I do notice that everyone else uses the regular font....the size of it is smaller than the font I used in my last post....lol.

Here is the recipe for the baked oatmeal.....lots of people on
www.weightwatchers.com use this recipe.
I make it in muffin tins.....freeze it....never have a problem with it....as far as eating too much of it.

This is from WW online....which is what I do.
A Core Food plus a Core Food equals a Core recipe.

Banana Baked Oatmeal

2 cups oatmeal dry
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 cup skim milk
2 eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cups Splenda
2 medium bananas, mashed
1 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. frozen blueberries

Mix dry ingredients, then mix in wet ingredients.
Pour into a sprayed 8” square pan.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 min.
Cut into 6 pieces.
Or pour into 12 muffin tins & bake for 20 to 25 minutes.

April

Last edited by april99; 04-21-2005 at 04:03 PM.
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 09:50 PM   #9  

Hello all, it has been a while since I have been able to focus and even look here. In Jan. we found out my first grandchild had a birth defect in utero. We hoped he could make it to delivery when it could be repaired. We had 2 months of good news. Unfortunately, he came at 30 weeks, on St Patricks day. He was unable to survive the surgery. As you can imagine, I have been a basket case. I haven't gained much weight from my standard stressful eating, just a pound or two. But, the chocolate, sweet craving won't stop. I seem to be on the edge of a depressive episode--- you know when your stomach feels weird like something bad is going to happen. I am trying to be there to be supportive of my daughter and her husband, but they need each other and not me very much.Hubby is in his own little bubble where he plugged his grief into its right place. I actually went a day without crying. I decided I need to do something proactive for me. I did sign up for a month of e-diets and I am back here for the support. Thought the structure of the written diet might help me focus. I have done weight watchers before but I thought a new program might help me build some enthusiasm. See you tomorrow.
tcstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:15 PM   #10  

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TC))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))

So sorry for your loss............keep coming back............we have missed you!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 11:38 PM   #11  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

April, thanks for the recipe. I'm going to make it tomorrow. I love oatmeal. I think it's going to be great. Also, thanks for making the font bigger. I could hardly read it too.

TC, I am so sorry. It's so sad. My thoughts and prayers are with you, your daughter and her husband.

I'm doing pretty good. I drank my water as directed, exercised and ate within my calories. Depression wise, I think I'm coming out of a funk. I've been hear since my last post a week or two ago, but I was lurking. Just wasn't too chatty.

Leenie, my wishes are with your BIL.

Marble, I loved the paycheck story. Although I hate when I'm not believed so that probably was irritating. At least it would have been for me.

TTYL.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 06:27 PM   #12  

TC, I do not believe I have met you. I know Lizzie, and, Leenie. but, I came to the link here to read about Cathy's son. Lizzie was so good to let me know to read about Cody. I saw your posts... I feel like I am intruding , since we have not met. But, I do want to tell you my prayers are with you and, your daughter and, family.
Anna-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:48 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone !!

I don't have time for personals but please know I am thinking of you all. Baked oatmeal... MMMMMMMMMM!!!!

Hugs
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 08:41 PM   #14  

TC hope you are having a good day.
Cathy, how is Cody? and, how are YOU??
Leens, how is your BIL??
Lizzie, prayers are always with you, you know that!!
Went to grand daughter's little kindergarten play at school today. It was so sweet and, reminded me and, hubby that we should be happy.
Birds are eating out on the sidewalk as I type...and, the guineas have been here and, gone! I love those little guineas...look like a group of little ladies just a jabbering. hahahahahaha!! hope you all have a great evening!
Anna-1 is offline   Reply With Quote