Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2001, 10:31 PM   #1  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Thumbs down

Well it's almost Memorial Day Weekend.... How many of you can name at least 5 Memorial Day Weekends in your past and tell me how much you weighed at a particular BBQ - wearing a particular outfit????? It can't be just ME who thinks like this!!!!

Jean: How's the program working for you?

Marion: WOW - 6.8 in one week is amazing! Did you cut off an arm or some other body part? only teasing with you. My mom is losing so fast it's baffling to me. But we went to an herbal medicine seminar (she's a nurse) and they mentioned this one supplement which has been found to increase weight loss by 50% over those in the test group on a placebo. She looked at me and told me she takes it and maybe that's why she's doing so much better. Not sure - but I will read up on it. She's down 27 in 8 weeks with no exercise... Her first week of getting serious was also 6.8. Hope you follow in her path.

Hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm sure I'll be checking in at some point.
Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-26-2001, 10:10 PM   #2  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hey - where is everyone?

I stayed the same this week. My goal is to drop 3 lbs this week to get to that 15 lb mark. I feel like this is taking forever - but I know it didn't come on overnight either. I've been listening to a taped seminar on weight mgmt and it states that once you are in a consistent exercise program - it takes 12 weeks and your metabolism will increase by 50%. Well I am starting week 7 tomorrow - so we'll see. My husband and sister ran a 5 mile race this AM down by the beach and my mom and I decided that next year we would join them - even if just walking it. We stood on one of the street corners and all I could stare at were the tight abs on the first 10 women running by. I felt bad at first thinking... geez they must look at me and think "Oh yeah... that's why I'm doing this" so in the end maybe I was inspirational for them.

Have a good holiday weeked....
Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-27-2001, 08:05 PM   #3  

I don't know why I missed Marion's GREAT success--6.8 lubs Hubba, hubba. Way to go, Marion. That should get you on track!

DH and I decided to go for a walk after the Lakers' game (which just ended) and it's pouring and lightning and cold, brrrr. Hope we don't get hail. Looks like the neighbor left her car lights on. I'll have to get off-line so I can call her. Wish I had DSL or another line.

My first 10# came off okay but now it's back to an ounce at a time....ARRRGH. The walk would have heped this p.m. but maybe it will give us incentive to try for a longer walk tomorrow.

Keep on keepin' on.
Jody
Old 05-29-2001, 01:06 PM   #4  
I just wanna be me :-)

S/C/G: 265/224.6/141

Hi everyone!!!
WEll i am back, hubby and i took the kiddos to vermont over the lovely cold, damp rainy weekend!!!! And since we go with like 3 othe families, you can only imagine, that we had more time to eat and drink than we did boat. WE only got to go on the boat twice once on saturday am, and then yesterday before we left. So hopefully i dont gain back all my loss, lol, but i am right back on track, took a really long walk today, i think it was pretty close on 5 miles, i am gonna clock it on my way to pick up joey, i walked him there and got a ride home. Hubby just about blew the tranny in my truck yesterday and so its going to have to come off the road for a while till we can afford to fix it, so i am gonna get alot of walking in, i am just hoping i can nurse the bad tranny along enough till the kiddos get out of school, joey goes to school like i said almost 6 miles away. and while i can walk him there, i dont have time to wait and walk home with him, because we have to be here when holly gets off the bus. As it is its a tight drive, never mind a walk. WOW!!! am i rambling or what???
Tomorrow is WI, so i will let you know which part of my arm got glued back on, i will suprised if i lose any at all.....but that is life, and i ready to move forward again!!!And thanks for all the congrats and positive thougts, they sure do help!!!!!

Marion
Old 05-29-2001, 05:38 PM   #5  
Find a Way

Marion, congrats on the great weight loss.

Well, I'm back from Amsterdam and I brought back 4.6 pounds with me . What a bummer, especially since I thought I didn't eat that badly. Guess I'll bring out the Palm the next trip and journal everything!!! The good news is for the first time in years I was able to walk pain free, and didn't have the stiffness in the morning from walking the day before. It made the trip so much more enjoyable. Now back to the program.

Have an Avalanche game tonight - so psyched since I didn't get to attend any Stanley Cup games way back in 1996 when they made it. If you hear any loud yells tonight, it's probably me .
Old 05-29-2001, 06:42 PM   #6  

Okay i am posting again today WEll i clocked my miles and walked 3 to joeys school before i got a ride from another parent for the last 1.5, but then i walked another mile this afternoon with the kiddos, and am actually contemplating another walk tonight, but it just started a downpour but the the sun is out, so we shall see if i make it out or not!!!!

Marion
Old 05-29-2001, 11:38 PM   #7  

Default Gloomy Weekend

We had thunderstorms and cool weather for the entire 3 day weekend. Everytime I planned to go for a walk, another bunch of rain came down! But we really did go for one walk a little longer than usual. AND, when I weighed yesterday, I had lost 3#. Boy, was I happy. It almost made me want to walk again .

Cynthia, I listened for you while we watched the last period of the game but I think there were others shouting louder than you!! What a shame they couldn't have gone to NJ with 2 wins. This is going to be a tough championship series...the way it should be. Don't know if Kim in NJ is a hockey fan but I hope the Avs can do it.

You must have had a GREAT time in Holland !
I hope you enjoyed what you ate (and drank!?). If you did, it was worth it. I always thought I was the only one who could gain 5# on a weekend. I'll bet yours will be gone by Thursday. Glad you had a safe trip and glad you are back.

Kim in NJ, how did the weekend go for you? Just watching runners wears me out. I'll bet you get rid of those 3# this week.

Marion, you sure sound pumped. You're enthusiasm is helping me a lot. Those long walks will really pay off. Keep doin' what you're doin' but I hope you can get that transmission fixed soon...it's so much better to be able to walk as a choice, neh?

DH and I drooled our way through a William Sonoma picture cookbook of Italy. Ted's so nervous about going to Italy and coming home tons heavier than when we leave...he's talking about bicycling all over the country with our packs on our backs. AT MY AGE? I don't think so. I know, moderation is the key. Don't we all know the rules? Knowing them and living them are two different concepts. I just can't seem to get them together for long!

No words from Kathi or Saucy... for awhile. Hope you're there and just too busy to sign in. Keep at it.

Ciao for niao. Jody
Old 05-30-2001, 03:10 PM   #8  
Find a Way

Jody, if you heard some particularly loud cursing with 1:00 minute left in the game, that was me and my husband. For some inexplicable reason, this couple in the row in front of us decides to leave!!!! While the guys were playing!!!! And the morons sitting next to them stood up so they could go!!!!!!!!! I have NEVER witnessed such rude and ignorant behavior by "fans" and I've been to tons of sporting events. It'll be interesting to see if they say anything to us when we probably see them again at Game 5. DH and I certainly let them know how we felt about their actions DH noted that we were getting to watch some really good hockey, but I don't want good hockey. I want poor NJ to do really poorly and not play up to their potential so I don't have to stress out so much .

The food and alcohol were certainly worth it, so I'm not too sad, though even DH was surprised at how much I'd gained and he knew what I had to eat and drink. I'm off to get my hair cut, so maybe that will help for next week .
Old 05-30-2001, 08:38 PM   #9  

Hi everyone. I was posting in the 100+2go thread, but it is a little quiet at the moment. I hope it is ok if I join you here. After my mess up at the Chinese Buffet last night, I was right back on program today.....which felt great. Made those vegetable fajitas that we should have had last night, and they were yummy. I am not a big infomercial person, but a few Sundays ago I was watching the one for the "Turbo Cooker", and I got sucked in! Boy am I glad I did. This contraption is the best piece of cookware I own. Dinner can be prepared and on the table in half the time, and everything cooks in one pot. No....I don't own stock..the promotion is just in case anyone is thinking about buying one......it is great. You can read about it at www.turbocooker.com Hope everyone had a great Wednesday....I could get quite used to these 4 day work weeks! Off to do my nails.......enjoy the evening everyone.

Sherry

262½ / 230½ / ??
Old 05-30-2001, 10:15 PM   #10  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi all...
I'm so pathetic - I don't what the hockey teams even play for - a trophy of some sort I guess. ????

Sherry - GREAT JOB getting back in the swing of things. I saw your post while I was at work today but don't like to post from my job because of the monitoring they do at work. Is the veggie fajitas the recipe from like week 6 or something? I've never even heard of turbocooker - good for you though getting suckered into something that will help you stay on program!

I am walking my butt off this week trying to get my metabolism moving. I don't know what's wrong though.... yes - I usually end up at the high end of my points range, but I exercise a lot now compared to my life before WW - but still nothing! I've only lost 12 in 9 weeks. My husband said to just keep following it and at some point my body will get with the program too. I just can't believe how hard it is to come off!!!! My only saving grace is that last summer I was 54% body fat and now I fluctuate between 48 and 49%. That's a good sign even if the scale is being stubborn!

Cynthia - glad your trip went well - you'll knock off those lbs in no time. You're my exercise idol

Hey there Jody & Marion... I'll catch up with you guys later.

Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-30-2001, 10:20 PM   #11  

Cynthia, will you post a picture on your website with your new haircut? I'll bet that could take care of the Holland-days gain! Or are you just getting a trim? I THOUGHT I might have heard you but I didn't realize the aggravation that prompted that stream of steam! I can't understand how people behave most of the time. Guess that's why I live in WY where there are so few people!!

Sherry, welcome. Isn't it exciting to find a product that really helps you? That's the way I felt about the GF grill. I still love to do veggies on it so we eat a lot more of them than we used to. I think the next thing I get will be a pedometer. Reading what "Exercisebimbo" and "Kim in NJ" have written makes me want one of those.

Kim in NJ: I talked to a woman today from north New Jersey and she was saying what a BEEOOOTIFUL are Ringwood is. Sounds idyllic. Hope you are out for a long walk tonight. Well, I guess it's 10:15 pm there now so maybe not. After all, you have that little drive to take tomorrow.

We had such a nice dinner tonight. DH made omelets with eggbeaters, couple little pieces of baguette, salad, white wine. Just was kinda romantic. Too bad there was so much junk on the dining room table we could scarcely fit our plates on. Obviously, I'm not keen on housework. Would rather be at the computer or outside.

Cheers to all. Talk tomorrow. Jody
Old 05-30-2001, 10:23 PM   #12  

Oops. Maybe Kim is still up and I'm confused. Kim, you're not from Ringwood, are you? Must be someone else on another thread. I don't browse around that much...just shows how much I really do need the hormones! Sorry if I got confused!!

Jody
Old 05-30-2001, 10:31 PM   #13  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hey Jody - Yeah I'm still up.... I think Ringwood is up by the NY border (not 100% sure)... I live in the central part of NJ on the ocean (touristy area). I LOVE NJ!!!! And so many people put it down - but I really love this state. I am within 1 hr of both New York City and Philadelphia PA. And I live less than a mile from the ocean and in the western part of the state are the mountains of the Appalachian Trail. A little bit of everything rather close.

My company has an office in Denver - and the only thing they accuse me of is not being "huggy" enough. Everytime I go out there the people try to give me a hug hello. I finally told them that New Jerseyans are definitely NOT known for hugging and it made me very uncomfortable! - No they try to hug even more!!!! UGH!

Goodnight!
Old 05-30-2001, 10:43 PM   #14  

Hi Everyone!!!!
WEll i didnt get any walk in today at all so i guess it was a good thing i did so much yesterday I am so tired i cant even think of what to write, i will post again tomorrow, have a great OP day

Marion
Old 05-30-2001, 11:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 265/238/140

Height: 5'5"

Hi all...

I have been lurking, but realized that I haven't posted in awhile. I am still struggling. I skipped WI last week, and I am forsing myself to go this week. I know it will be another gain, as I have not been a good girl. But, I also know that if I don't go, I will end up quitting again. That's why I am telling you guys, so that you will all keep me honest! I have not been walking as much, but I have been working in my yard. But, I know that I need real exercise on a regular basis to keep my metabolism up. I am dead tired, and am off to bed now. I just wanted to let you all know that I am still here!!

Kathi
Closed Thread