Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2005, 10:52 AM   #1  

Height: 5'7"

Default Thin4Life - Week of April 18/05

Good morning everyone! Another beautiful day in PA.

I was able to get outside and enjoy the weather over the weekend and actually got a little sunburn. Temps are supposed to me in the mid-60's today and 70's tomorrow but the rain is supposed to move in. The flowers are popping and the trees are beginning to show some green. I love Spring!

I didn't have a good weekend eating wise but today begins fresh and I'm planning on getting out for a nice walk over the lunch hour. Saturday morning I headed to the Wellness Center to do my strength training--I enjoy it and the trainer suggested 2-3 times a week so that'll work out good. The other days I'll get my walking in. I'd love to shed a few pounds before my trip to FL and tone up the legs before I sport shorts!

How was everyone else's weekend? Hopefully you had great weather!
Old 04-18-2005, 12:44 PM   #2  

Height: 6'0"

Melissa, You and I must have been posting at the same time. I had posted this on a new thread:

Whew, what a busy weekend! Friday I went to a demonstration of a new product by Mary Kay, Microdermabrasion. It is fantastic! After one application, I saw such a difference in my skin. I can't wait till the order comes in. My GF and I tried to take a walk on the beach, but it was so windy--30 mph winds that we couldn't do it going north. The wind has been unreal. DH and I tried to golf on Saturday and got windburned so bad. That was one of the roughest games I've ever played.

Of course, I had my play all weekend. That was fun. The play is going very well. We hope to have bigger audiences our last weekend. Yesterday was my birthday, so DH took me out for dinner. The cast also gave me a good cake. I just had to have some (it was my birthday, after all).

So, how is everyone else?
Old 04-18-2005, 01:22 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,

Back last night from Tucson. Hot there but fun. Definitely thinking that going back to architectural history/preservation/landscape history is in the cards for me. Don't know when, but it'll happen.

It was cold and gloomy here,but the lilacs are blooming and the tulips and columbines look great. I hope to get out and do a bit of gardening tonight.

Lisa -- HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! Best wishes for good health and happiness for the next year! I love it when you have plenty of people to share a cake with. Glad to hear the play is going well. Sorry to hear about your windy golf game.

Melissa -- getting into the fitness habit takes a while, that is, getting out of the regular clothes and into the weight training clothes. You'll really like the results. I should do the same.

well, more later.

lala
Old 04-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  

Lisa: Happy Birthday!!! I have a microdermabrasion set from BeautiControl and I love it. It really makes a difference with fine lines, etc. I've also used it on my hands/heels and it helps smooth out the roughness. It's really hard to walk with the wind--good for you for trying I can't imagine trying to play golf with the winds as bad as they were. Did you watch the Master's last week? What a great ending.

I got out for a nice walk over the lunch hour and I feel good. Now to keep it up.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:53 PM   #5  

Thanks for the birthday wishes. One of my GF's took me to lunch (Middle Eastern) and the owner gave me baklava (well, I had to eat it, it would have been rude). : )

Yes, doing exercise has to be a regular part of the day. Once I got that into my thick skull, I can't do without it.

Melissa, yes I watched some of the Masters. That was great. When I saw Tiger coming up from behind, I just knew that he would take the whole thing. He is a great competitor. Some of those guys really muffed some shots and that made me, a beginner, (who frequently muffs shots) feel good.

lala, I heart lilacs. I'm not familiar with Columbines
Old 04-18-2005, 03:56 PM   #6  
si, si signora

Lisa --

I can send you a few columbine seedlings, but I'm not sure they'll make it your weather.

Here's a link:

columbine description

Ack, I had to ask my new/old office mate and his new boss to kindly move their 45 minute strategizing session to his office so that I could concentrate. I think its going to be a long few months...

I am also at my largest, it is really quite something. I am back on track and thinking about weighing in and really questioning why its so hard for me to commit to a healthy lifestyle (other than exercizing and not drinking or smoking) right now. I have tons of clothes I want to fit into and I have some sort of mental block or stress keeping me down.

sigh.

lala
Old 04-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #7  

lala, thanks for the link. What a beautiful flower! I agree that Florida weather is probably too harsh for it.

Regarding your non-commitment to healthy living. I think all of us get into these kinds of funks. The trick is not staying there long. For me, it makes me nuts if I can't fit into some of my clothes because it's often difficult to find something that fits well. I refuse to buy larger sizes, so I buckle down. I think you have a double whammy because you are not very happy in your current job. That messes us up, too! Trust me, been there done that. Here's to lala, you can do it!!!
Old 04-19-2005, 07:16 AM   #8  

Hi everybody. Another beautiful morning here, and it's supposed to reach 16 C this afternoon so a run is definitely in my plans.

Lisa: Belated Happy Birthday and best wishes for a great year. You are right; it is rude to turn down baklava

Melissa: Good for you for starting strength training.

lala: I haven't been this heavy in more than five years. Starting today, no more wine until I can get back into my clothes. I'm sure that has something to do with my inability to get things under control. Wine makes everything taste better, and lowers your resolve, of course.

Hi to Pam.

BTW, had a good weekend with my mom and sisters. We saw Caught in the Net on Saturday night, a sequel to Run for Your Wife. Hilarious!
Old 04-19-2005, 12:22 PM   #9  

Susan, so glad your weather has shaped up. I've even started running a little. I walk a block and run a block. DH got so excited about that. Thanks for the good wishes. You may have a point about wine. Food does taste better with good wine.

Hello to everyone else.
Old 04-19-2005, 12:48 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone. It is lovely here today. Sunny and maybe we'll hit 60. I hung laundry out this am and probably will tackle the lawn tonight. Did weed a bit last night and that was nice.

Lisa -- good for you and starting the running! Have you looked at the couchto5K program, its been really well received for folks gearing up to start running.

Susan -- I'm inching up that way and it scares me. So, I've kind of hit the scale, the portions, the water and now my head.... I hope it helps.

Hi to Pam and Melissa!

If everyone can spare some vibes and thoughts for me and Jacques today, that would be great. He is really lame and I'm taking him to his regular vet. I am hoping that its just a sprain instead of something more permanent. Its really hard to watch him and really hard to imagine life without him.

lala
Old 04-19-2005, 12:54 PM   #11  

Hi Ladies,

It seems like we skipped spring completely and went straight to summer. temps yesterday and today in the 80's. Yesterday was the Boston Marathon and some of the runners did not like the "too hot" temps. Generally this time of year the high's are usually 60ish. Things are calming down at work. My boss is on vacation next week which will be nice.

I too have not been a very good weight watcher. It seems I can easily maintain a weight that is 5 lbs above my "happy" weight. I look ok, my clothes are a little snugger, but I don't need to go up a size..but still I know I look better a few lbs lighter..I should try and motivate myself to take off the weight and I know just exercising a little more would probably do it, but I just can't get started.

Lisa belated happy birthday, glad you enjoyed your day. Baklava is delish! I watched the Masters also and was rooting for Tiger. What an amazing player. Are you watching the womens version of The Big Break on the golf channel? It's on Tuesday night and it's very good.

Melissa aren't you just loving the nice weather!! So good to see things blooming again. I so admire your commitment to weight training.

Lala thanks for sharing the columbine link. Very pretty. So is your old/new office mate just a temporary situation? I have the same issues with commiting to a healthy lifestyle.

Susan I've given up the wine, unfortunately I've replaced it with gin and tonic.

Well ladies must get back to work. Talk to you later.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:57 PM   #12  

lala, we were on the same wave length. I also weeded last night--lots of work. Here are some good vibes to you and Jacques. We get so attached to our furry and feathered friends.

Pam, 80's? I can't believe it. When DH were there for the Marathon in 1994, it was pretty chilly. I'm glad your horrible winter is behind you. Gin and tonic, huh? I don't get the Golf Channel. Oh well.

Well, we have a new Pope--Benedict XVI. Viva la Papa.
Old 04-19-2005, 11:04 PM   #13  
si, si signora

Gin and tonics, I could use one now.

Jacques is on a new pain pill. He had a very bad visit to the vet, she manipulated him so much he can barely move. I am hoping that he's better tomorrow. We're going to try a week of pain pills and if he can move without trouble, then its probably increased pain and we'll decide what to do then.

Its just a bit stressful around here, I had to feed him in the living room because he couldn't make it to the kitchen. I really wish DP was here.

mowed the lawn today, need to buy more weed whacker string.

lala
Old 04-20-2005, 09:01 AM   #14  

Good morning ladies! It's a balmy 67 here this morning but the forecast is calling for a 20-degree temp drop this afternoon with rain/t-storms. We do need the rain but the nice weather has been great! Yesterday we were up in the high 70's. I've been taking advantage of the weather and walking on my lunch hour so I'm moving more. I'm not sure if I'm going to get to the Wellness Center this evening to do my strength training or if I'll wait and do it tomorrow evening...decisions, decisions.

Lala: I hope Jacques responds to the pain meds--it's so hard to see your pet/companion struggle. DS #2 mowed our lawn yesterday--he wants to earn money so his dad told him he could start mowing the lawn this year.

Pam: We've had a brief taste of Summer and now we'll do a quick turn and experience fall-like temps along with rain/wind. Gotta love the ever-changing weather here in Erie! I love seeing the trees begin to bloom--the magnolias are ready to burst and the trees have the light green tinge to them. I love Spring! I, too, enjoy a good gin & tonic.

Susan Keep plugging away--you'll be fine. If I stay away from wine/beer I do much better because I don't snack as much. I've had some major collisions the past couple of days with various foods--PMS has hit hard this week.

Lisa: Have the winds died down for you? My GF sent me a brief itinerary of what we'll do when I visit--I can't wait to see her and the kids. We'll be visiting numerous tea rooms so I need to keep things under control before I go down there.

Well, not much else going on here--my DH has a new/used car--for the first time in a number of years there are no Volvos in the driveway! They did find the car that hit ours and the police have it impounded so we'll see what happens. The semester is winding down for the students and winding up for our office *sigh* it seems like orientation comes around faster and faster each year.

Enjoy your day ladies!
Old 04-20-2005, 01:21 PM   #15  
si, si signora

lost my post.

anyways, nice here, sunny and the azeleas and lilacs are blooming.

Melissa -- I hope they prosecute the person who hit your car. Grr...
You can also send DS over here next week, Monday will be fine --anytime after 5. The lawnmower is in the greenhouse and he doesn't have to bag.

Pam -- I hope you see some spring before summer kicks in. I have to say a nice 80 degree day would make everyone here happier.

Lisa -- Hope all is going okay with you and the winds die down.

Susan -- I had a okay day yesterday and then sort of lost it last night. Chocolate. Why? Maybe it was stress. Oh well, NGAMO.

I did have a nice 3 mile hilly walk on the TM today and maybe will spend some weeding some more.

oh well, back to work, someone needs something...

lala
Closed Thread