South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 10:44 PM   #1  

Default Should I start ph1 over?

Hello Ladies,
I have a question for you all. I started SBD over 6 weeks ago. Lost 5-6lbs the first two weeks. Continued ph1 for an additonal week, then on to ph2. This past week, was my TOM and to top it off really under alot of stress at work. I was not prepared with my food and needless to say I went off SBD. I ate, and drank (which I normally don't) and ate again. I want to say i'm not craving sweets really bad, but yet I had ice cream two days in a row. My question to you all is should i start over. But as I type this i'm thinking I should.
Old 04-18-2005, 06:46 AM   #2  

The key is the cravings. If you have tipped the balance and you're really craving sweets and starches, then go back to Phase I for a few days. I don't think you will need to stay on it for very long, but you'd have to judge that day to day.

I find the hardest part is regaining my conviction after a big lapse. Journalling helps sort through why I had the lapse and to refocus on why I should get back on plan.

Good luck! Hope some of that helps.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'-2"

Patty, I agree with Heidi. I'd do several days... perhaps even a week... on Phase I. Just to banish the cravings.
Good luck, hon!
Old 04-18-2005, 07:43 AM   #4  

Thanks for this post. I always wonder what I should do. Now I have the answer.

Jamie
Old 04-18-2005, 09:27 AM   #5  
beachbum

Hi Patty I agree with the Ladies, If the craving a not that bad a few days on Phase 1 will do the trick. Just go slow adding the carbs back in Phase 2. Hugs BB
Old 04-18-2005, 01:13 PM   #6  

Thanks for the advise. I did start back on ph1 this morning. The cravings are there but not as strong as before.
Closed Thread