South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2005, 03:45 PM   #1  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Default self-sabotage coming on....

At least I notice it! This weekend my dad and stepmom are coming to visist. I see no reason why we can't stay on plan while they are here even with eating out etc. But something keeps telling me I can't do it, esp. since we might go to Fiesta (funnel cake, churros..... etc.) and I'll just cave in. SO..... today, while I'm looking for food this little nagging voice is telling me that I might as well start cheating today and just restart on Monday!!!

I've done so good (except my accidental cheats... tasting the kids corn to see if it was seasoned. Total brain fart on that one!) I don't know if it is my slight gain this morning, PMS or just nervous for my family to come (stepmom can be a little picky!)

So, I guess being here admitting is my first step! I know I can make it through the weekend (oh yeah, and bowling party tonight with DH's work!) but I just needed to come and reassure myself!! I'm glad you are all here
Old 04-15-2005, 04:37 PM   #2  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hottie~~Back away from the churros and funnel cakes!!!! Stay with something like the chicken or steak fajitas (hold the tortilla). When we go out for Mexican, that's what I get. I occassionally will have a few chips with my pico de giallo (sp?) and avacado. I have black beans instead of the fatty refried beans and I give my rice to DH. I will allow myself 1 margarita to splurge but no dessert. Come home and have pre-made and ready to go Ricotta dessert, Peanutbutter Cup (SB) or SF jello w/ cool whip. Come on, girl, you can do this for 2 weeks

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 04-15-2005 at 07:41 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:09 PM   #3  

Hottie - Do you have Cozymel's where you are? They have low carb fajitas on their menu with lettuce leaves instead of tortillas and grilled vegetables instead of rice. It is totally good for South Beach. Just avoid the chips!

Tell you dad and stepmom how important it is for you to follow this way of eating and hopefully they will support you. I did that with his son and if I go to eat something like one of my son's popcorn shrimp he will ask me if it is on plan! It helps me to remember how important this is to me.
Old 04-15-2005, 05:54 PM   #4  

Hottie,
Okay, maybe the reasoning with you hasn't worked so I'm going to try a new twist.
We started this at the same time. If you cheat now and have to start over, where does that leave me?!?! It's time for you to think about me Could you really leave me without a buddy, while you have to start all over?!?!
Come on now, you can stay OP and eat out. It's going to be more difficult, yes, but you can do it. You're off to a great start, don't lose it now!!!
I know you can do this, keep in mind what the other ladies said and be choosy about what you eat. Don't let your stepmom stress you out, either. No funnel cake is worth a set back!!!!
Good luck!!!!!!
Jenn - the incarnate!!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 06:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

Seeing it come on actually helps. I find that if I have eaten well-a good, tasty meal-before I go to one of those fairs I can pass up the temptations much better. Keep some south beach friendly snacks on you when you get the munchies and you might be able to head off the big indulge.

I'm not sure which phase you are in, but one thing I've learned to do is let my dh buy something then take a bite or two of his. Many times a taste is all my mouth wants and I'm happy. You may have re-educated your taste buds and find that many things you used to enjoy don't really taste that good anymore.
Good luck,
Sarah
Old 04-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #6  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Thanks all! I know I will do fine! Mostly because I've got to come back here and report to y'all!!

Jenn - I won't abandon you! I'm still in this for the next 9 days!!! (Phase one that is!)

Sarah - DH is on it too, so I have someone who can help me fight the urge!

Barb - we have Alamo Cafe and Chuys - both have Fajitas and will give lettuce instead of tortillas. We also just got Tin Star and they have tacos with lettuce instead as well.

2BFit - I'd like to know about a South Beach Peanut Butter Cup! I haven't gotten around to trying a Ricotta Dessert - just weird to me! I like the SF Fudgesicles though.

I'm not going to cheat - I've decided that. I ate some cheese chips (fried cheese) and some avocado to curb some cravings and I'm doing good. Tomorrow night I think we're going for steak, which shouldn't be a problem. Veggies and Sirloin - yum!

Thanks for the support I really appreciate it!!!
Old 04-15-2005, 07:34 PM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Christy, The Peanutbutter Cup is the recipe section here, under Desserts~Phase One (and they have SF fudgecicle, peanutbutter and cool whip in them !!!!) Check it out

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 04-15-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-15-2005, 07:37 PM   #8  
GARDENING ADDICT

Christy, another thing that I've done is to add alittle bit of the dry SF instant pudding into the ricotta cheese dessert and blend it in the food processor )make a few batches at a time. I especialy like the pistachio flavor and I top each serving with a few pistachio nuts and a touch of Cool Whip.

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 04-15-2005 at 07:39 PM.
Old 04-16-2005, 01:25 AM   #9  

The idea about the SF pudding sounds good but it isn't allowed in phase 1. Save it for phase 2. There are too many starches in the pudding for the first phase.
Old 04-16-2005, 11:48 AM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

You can do this! Put the cheese chips in your pocket, count out 30 pistachios and put them in your pocket. In case of breakdown you can binge on those.

When I get mexican food I usually get all the stuff for fajitas and make a salad out of them. Kind of a super duper taco salad. Hold the tortillas.

One trick I try is I ask myself - if I was super skinny and could eat anything in the world would I pick this? The answer is usually no! I do that with cake. The fat person in me wants all cake no matter who makes it. The skinny person knows there is only ONE kind of cake I really like and the others I don't really care for. However with cookies that little trick doesn't work at all! Because I love all cookies! So I avoid them like the plague.

You can do this! I can avoid all foods at the fair - the only one that drives me nuts is the cinnamon almond thing. You can smell those for miles. I usually try to take some of the cinnamon/splends pecans - precounted of course - and that usually helps me.
Closed Thread