Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-13-2005, 08:20 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Talking Wednesday Chat - April 13th

Good Morning,

Thanks for your prayers, my BIL is out of surgery and in recovery as of last night. I haven't heard anything this morning but when I do I'll let you know.

I'm home today, my back is really acting up. I think stress is causing alot of it.

Its a beautiful day out, I'm going to get DD's clothes out, sort them and bring the ones that don't fit to the salvation army drop off.

Whats going on w/you all ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

well GLORY BE I finally got up at 5:00 this morning and did a 30 minute 2.5 mile Walk & Jog dvd! Yesterday I went to the church gym during lunch and did 2 miles on the treadmill and then 15 minutes on the machines.

April Miles = 10.5

Leenie - take it easy on your back today and try to rest up! I know it's hard for us "Wonder Woman" types who are wives and mothers and employees and sisters and daughters and friends, etc etc etc - but please try to relax and take care of yourself. Glad your BIL is out of surgery. Keep us posted and we'll keep praying!

Dori - I would love for you to join me on the Weekly Food Log if you would like to journal your stuff there. I know it probably doesn't help much but I WOULD LOVE TO be your weight and be in a size 11/12.

Cin - are you busy working on lunch for today? your wraps sound good! could you tell me how you make yours sometime when you have time. BTW, my hubby's favorite cake in the whole wide world is German Chocolate. I sure your church staff will really appreciate & enjoy their lunch. you are such a sweetie!

Marble - you mentioned working around the homestead - are you from work this week? I mean I can tell you are still working - but it sounds like you are working at home and out of the office. if so, enjoy your time away from the regular job!

Kathy - I'm glad you are feeling better! How did it go with the job you were applying for yesterday! I truly hope you find a part time job that will meet your needs best! did you find a van?

April - how was your birthday girlie? was supper at the Keg nice?

did ya'll hear on the national news today about the "deadly flu scare" - good golly miss molly! sometimes I worry about us! and then I try to pray and ask the Lord to watch over us and protect us!

ok gang - I gotta get busy at work.

hope everybody has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:50 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

Hiya!!!! (funny, my back was KILLING me all day & night yesterday, I was really afraid to exercise this AM, because I could feel the dumbbells in the strained area).....when I got out of the hot shower it was much better....Leenie, I good simple way to release tension is to hunch your shoulders and hold a few seconds, repeat as necessary....take time to stretch yourself today, it will help with the stress.

My wisdom for today? NEVER< NEVERNEVER!!!! get on the scale after drinking 20 oz. of water and drinking 4 cups of coffee ......my cat was trying to *help* me by standing over the numbers so I couldn't see them!!! OH was I P.O'd at first.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:51 AM   #4  

Morning everybody.......not much news........got the lunches made, kids fed and just about ready to walk out the door........I love spring!

I worked a very very busy evening last night at work.......I had one 20 min break otherwise I was busy with the patients the entire time.....people are so ill.

Have a great day.......I don't have much planned.....I'll check in later.

hugs..............Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:52 AM   #5  

Oh Leens, I'm so sorry about your BIL. Jim must be so worried! I'm praying.

I have to go to a meeting with our Pastor this morning. I have an issue with our Vice-President and need some input before I smack him one. I'm the church secretary and he treats me (and most women) in a rude, condescending way. I don't get paid enough to deal with little "big shot". I want to run this by Pastor before I quit the job.

Am busy sewing, crocheting, stripping woodwork. DD is going to help me with painting in the kitchen. Am waiting to hear about when the sidewalk and driveway get done.

Health wise, I'm better than I've been in ages. I think that it's a combo of a number of factors. Am taking a new supplement and I'll share my thoughts on it and my other vitamins in June as that's how long it takes for the body to show results.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 10:55 AM   #6  

Hi Tippy...please devulge the name of the supplement today if you can....

Kathy, I had ONE day off from work.......I'm multi-tasking....running to find new light fixtures, I have the Anderson Window catalog on my desk (right next to Aerosoles catalog)...

And on top of all this......my next door neighbor is a man who is probably 55-63 years old......He MUST do drugs! He insists on pulling vertical shades aside every weekend, turning on his lights day and night and walks around completely NAKED! I went to get coffee monday morning and nearly spit it out when I looked out my kitchen window to see full frontal and his wrinkley old butt! OH I WAS SO ANNOYED!!!! he's been flashing about for YEARS and there are several complaints to the complex association about him....so I called again.....FINALLY they sent the police. I was talking to the officer, who was quite young, explaining how I had to live in the dark and then we both started laughing.....the officer says to me "oh so you want ME to go see the naked old man?".....OY!!!! In a nutshell, the cop told my neighbor, close your shades when you are naked or you'll be in court....

so far, so good, I'm able to look out my window again to enjoy my Japanese Maple and not get disgusted! (what about the little kids in the neighborhood? geeze!)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 AM   #7  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning, everyone

Leenie, I am glad your BIL made it throuh surgery o.k. Take care of your back. I can relate to it being caused by stress!

Cathy, good job exercising! I am going to turn in my application today. Had to type up quite a bit to complete it. We did get a van last night. My poor husband took a bus for 2 hours, bought it, then drove it home. He is such a sweetie.

Marbleflys, that is horrible about that man. I hope he stops now. And don't ever weigh yourself after drinking that much. I laughed when I read your kitty was trying to protect you.

Tippy, I am very interested in the supplements/vitamins also. I am always interested in natural ways to feel better. Good luck with the meeting. You don't deserve to be treated that way. And by a pastor!

Liz, hope you have a great day today.

Today I am going to go turn in my job application and get used to the new car. I will miss driving my daughter around, though. I got to use her car until we got the new one. It gave us valuable time to talk and be together. Have a blessed day, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 11:47 AM   #8  

Ya know, I think that *some* men just are genetically defective! Kathy, I wouldn't mind so much if he was young with a good body, but he has a huge belly and saggy tush. What you do in your own house is your own business...but PULEEZE close the shades!

speaking of men.......I met someone *interesting* last Friday night...and he is NOT a doctor (i'm sick of them, they have NO common sense), he has his own business sub-contractor for home renovations....nope, he's not working on my house either, he worked on my neighbor's...he's a nice looking man, he has hair, teeth, a job and does not live with his mother....(my last doctor-boyfriend did...NEVER AGAIN....the umbilical cord was indestructable elastic!)
Old 04-13-2005, 11:57 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

just wanna clarify in case Tippy doesn't get back here today - but it was not her Pastor that she is having problems with - it a guy that is their vice president. She is going to talk to her pastor about the problem.

cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 PM   #10  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Oops, sorry Tippy, I didn't go back and re-read your message before I wrote mine. I am glad at least it is not your Pastor.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 12:38 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hi guys I'm here I just fell off the wagon pretty hard and am trying to cliimb back on also been mega stressful at work hopefully i can pop in later!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:42 PM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

I feel silly… I posted in the Tuesday post DUH

MMarie – Yeah… I’m a bit steamed about it, but well… I wish the cops had done a bit more than talk with me on the phone grrr… specially when I said the kids were still outside playing baseball at the park. Of course they are gonna deny it, maybe the cops coming down and putting a scare in them might make them fess up… aww well… it’s done and over with and the window is fixed. *pout*

Liz – oooh can I sign up for CPR classes with ya I need to have it to be a teacher. Heheheh… I took a class at the community college and passed, but never got any of my cards… I asked for my mney back and they said no! Grrr they couldn’t even get a hold of the teacher who taught it… sheesh!

Tdkathy – wish you luck with your job hunt!

CIN!! Howddeee! Looks like you got such energy today… share?

Dori – I have to be in a wedding too… in umm.. March 2007. Cept it’s my wedding. You would think that it would be a good motivation for me… so far, it’s slow going. I gotta kick my butt in gear, but I think the slow is good, cause less chance to gain back… but, I wanna be able to loose at least 100lbs… at least *pout* Just keep your mind on it! You can do it! I know I can!

Lots of walk-a-thons mentioned recently in a few of the posts I have read on other groups. I’m participating in one at the school I work at. It’s a little charity brought together by the ASB at the school to raise some money for a charity that one of our teachers used to support. It was for those suffering from cancer. The teacher recently passed on. I thought it was a great idea so I jumped in. It’s going to be this weekend.

Ive gotta run to work now… so many posts, so hard to keep up with heheheh…

Yesterday was a long day for me, started work at 8am and then classes go til 9pm. ICK 13 hour day YUCKY!

I will catch up with everyone later…

Take care…
Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote