South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 06:00 AM   #1  
Mous

Default Wishing Wednesday Chat 4`13

What is your wish where your weight is concerned?

Do you wish to be skinny?

Do you wish to get into a real small size?

Do you wish to be noticed?

OR

Do you wish to be healthy?

Do you wish to feel better about yourself?

Do you wish to be more informed and aware?

WHATEVER your wish I hope that you get it.

We can and will do this and we will be great role models for others.

My day will be a good day.
I shall go shopping with list in hand of GOOD food choices. I will buy a new size in jeans and marvel that I can actual fit in a pair of jeans!

Then it is back home, cook, clean, watch soaps and chat with my DH and DM.

To you all I say......

Have a super day on the beach.

Lady
Old 04-13-2005, 07:25 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning everyone! We lost another game! I only have a minute this morning. I have to take DS to school early. UGH! I hate getting out this early. I had to wind up leaving early lastnight to work at the boys game which took my supper time so I ended up having to eat a hotdog at the game. I was so hungry and I knew we would not be home til almost 9. I had to get there at 5. I did eat a big bowl of stir fried veggies when I got home. I wanted to run home between games but there was not enough time. Atleast it was my first day back on P-1. Well I gotta get goin. I'll check you chicks later. Oh BTW if you didn't see the post yesterday afternoon I put a link in there for pics of the kitchen (finally) and some of the yard in bloom. Have a great morning all.

Lady....Thanks for another inspiring start up! I wish for you a great day as well!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #3  

Good Morning Ladies!

Quick ?... What do all the "DH", "DS" abbr. stand for? I have been amusing myself trying to come up with them. Typically d= Deadbeat and I don't think thats correct, so I would appriciate someone clearing that up for me

Back to the diet today. I am going to start introducing the right foods back in. I think I will have a sandwich for the first time in a month today. I am looking forward to it.

Lady- congrats on the new pants. that is always super exciting.

I am off to school. Day 2 of my students State Science testing. Wish them luck!

oh yeah, today is Louise's 6 month birthday, my big girl.

Jamie
Old 04-13-2005, 08:02 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick good morning!

I've had my coffee and cuddle with the Girls and have Harry launched but Sarah is coming at 8:30 and I need to gird my loins, so to speak, for a hard morning in the garden. I've taken my pain meds and slathered on SPF30 so I think I'm set. It's coolish but sunny, a good day for working outside and boy do I have a list!

Lady, thanks for starting us up. I bet it feels wonderful to have new jeans. I call mine jeans but they are really denim pants.

Bamie, I loved your pictures. Your garden looks just lovely.

Outta here after I check for spammers and other idiots and do my Journal.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:04 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Jamie/Louise, there is a whole sticky on Acronyms in the FAQ Section that will answer your questions re abbreviations.
Old 04-13-2005, 08:05 AM   #6  
No Day But Today

S/C/G: 275/267/175

Height: 5'5"

Today is my favorite kind of day...

Home with my son, errands to run: all things I want to do, not things I HAVE to do for anyone else! LOL (Sounds selfish huh?) No dr. appts, no PTA things, no car stuff etc.

I am taking my son to his preschool - he only goes on Tues/Thurs but they are having class photos today. Then we are off to the Library for story time. Then I'd like to go to Big Lots to look at decorator stuff since my dad and step-mom are coming to town on Friday. We'll see how DS is doing. Last stop is Costco - I'm getting canadian bacon, V8, tomatoes and eggs. And THAT'S IT!

Home to do dishes and then we'll see what I'm in the mood for the rest of the day. DS and I usually work on "preschool" work or read books. He used to go to school every day and I was a substitute teacher. I didn't work every day however - and I was feeling lazy on my days home without him. I made the choice to stay home with him about a month back and I'm so glad I did! I send him to school two days a week and try to get teaching jobs those days. I quit working full-time June 2003, and subbed part-time for a year while DH worked at home - so we were both home with DS. This year, I've worked more and DH got a "real" job. Things were getting too chaotic so I changed my schedule.

Well - I'm off to get DD up and moving.

DS wants to pick the smiley for this post - so it doesn't mean anything, it was just his favorite!
Old 04-13-2005, 08:19 AM   #7  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

I'm just heading off to see our accountant, so I'll keep it short.

Lady, thanks for starting us up!

Bamie, I love the pics of your kids! They look like nice people.
And you KNOW I am totally envious of your garden! Thanks for sharing, hon.
How's your Mom doing?

Jamie, the "D" stands for "dear".
Enjoy your sandwich, hon!

Ruth, the other night I dreamed that Lucy was running around Ottawa, and I caught her. She was lovely and cuddly.

Christy, how wonderful that you're able to stay home! I've never (okay, rarely) regretted it.

Gotta run... love you all...
Old 04-13-2005, 08:54 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

I'm back from my DD's late yesterday and This morning is the only chance I have to post. Gain a little,but it will come off, with Phase 1 . Going to B J's to get some bulk foods we need.My tooth abcess is gone and I was able to eat nornally again. Had a wonderful time with the grandkids,saw them at their ballet school,they are so cute with their tootoo's on.

Lady Thanks for starting the thread. and as far as being on the South Beach(1st) I want to be healthy, and hope to lose 11 lbs more pounds that will make me happy. . I don't want to be a skinny.

Bamie Sorry to hear you lost your game.Here's to next week.

To all the rest Have a great day. I Have to get going now Hubby is getting anguish

Have a great day Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 04-13-2005 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2005, 09:36 AM   #9  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning chicks!

Hope all is well on your beach this morning.

BAMI - WHAT CUTE KIDS! And a great house and yard. I can't wait to have my own house and yard again - someday! Thanks for the pics.

beach bum- A tooth abcess? I had one once and couldn't stop throwing up. They finally had to medicate me. Feel better.

Ellis - The accountant? Tax season? Yucky!

Hottie - little did your son know that he was picking the hottie symbol.

Ruth - You are making me sore already! My back is hurting for you.

Louise - DS is Darling Son and DM is darling mother, DH is darling husband, and DB is darling brother etc. BIL - brother in law etc.

Lady - Have a super day and watch soaps for me.

I'm on day three. Yesterday I didn't crash until 8:30 pm so I'm getting better. Monday was 5:00 pm. I made my mini quiches yesterday and had them for breakfast this am. I'm still waiting for that burst of energy - hopefully tomorrow it will come. I'm pumping green tea and veggies. I didn't weigh in today because I just did on Monday. My bloat is going down - I can feel it.

Have a great day chicks!
Old 04-13-2005, 09:42 AM   #10  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Chicks!

I am happy to be back. I had a statewide planning meeting for Abstinence Education on Monday and Tuesday and was unable to reach a computer. I am doing really good and have lost 1 1/2 pounds this week. The most exciting part is that I have lost 22 inches since I started and have went down a cup size in my bra and down a size in clothes. This is all very exciting!

I have missed you guys...I have a busy day, but hopefully I can pop in a couple of times and check things out.

Also, thank you Laurie, your advice really helped me and made a lot of sense. I really appreciate it!

See you lovelies later!!!!!!!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #11  

Good Morning,

Its been hard to work the program and only lose 3lbs in 10 days. (P1), but I have noticed that Im not hungry. I am looking forward to Phase 2, that is a plan that I can live with. I am going to try a piece of fruit and 1/2 cup of brown rice for 1 week. Are some fruits better than others?

This board is my life-line. Thank you all.
Old 04-13-2005, 10:05 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful outside. The pollen count is down to 38 today(after last night's rain). It was over 5,000 yesterday. Anything over 500 is considered "Dangerous and you should stary inside", so says the weatherguy.

So, I plan on spending some time outside in the back yard reclaiming my boxwood garden from the weeds and vines. My poor cat, Miller, is still limping so he goes to the vet this afternoon when DH gets home.

Sunny~Congratz on your wonderful progress.

To all the chicks on the beach~ have a Wonderful Wednesday
Old 04-13-2005, 10:12 AM   #13  
GARDENING ADDICT

Connieliv~ Check out the GI (Glycemic Index) in the book . I think it's also in the FAQ here. Some that are best: berries, strawberries, apple, cantalope, cherries. Stay away from the sweet ones such as pineapple and bananas and the fruit juices (except V-8).
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 AM   #14  
Conquering with SBD

Good morning everyone. As predicted the weather here has turned to cool and rainy, however, I will take that if it means no more snow.

Lady - Sounds like you have a full day, but an enjoyable one. Have fun and enjoy the new jeans. WTG.

Bamiegurl - Sorry to hear that you are starting day 1 again today...but at least you weren't into day 11 or 12 when the eating problem occurred. I try to keep a bag of nuts or cheese stick in my purse (or pocket) to munch on just in case my schedule changes and I can't eat OP foods. That, at least, carries me over until I can get home and make myself something OP to eat. Hope you do well on Phase 1 this time.

Jamie - Love the definition for D. Somedays I really do think that DH is - you know what.

Ruth - Have fun in the garden. Wish I could be out in mine, but it is still too wet. Hopefully by the end of the month we will be able to be out in our yard, I'm getting anxious this year to get it under control.

Hottie - I envy you being able to stay home with the kids. I did for a while when they were little, but eventually went back to work when they were in school. I would like to have stayed home longer, though, but I couldn't afford to take too long a break in my career and lose the expertise that I had acquired.

ellis - Hope the accountant is good to you... I haven't done the taxes for this year yet and DM just called the other night to have me do hers for her, also. I must really get my act together here, I guess. Time is running out.

beach bum - Glad you had a good time on your holiday. The weight will come off as you say...back to Phase 1 for a few days.

anchor weight - Keep it up with Phase 1, you can do it. Hopefully the energy will return soon. I know it is difficult to get through those first 2 weeks. Take care.

Sunnybunny - Congratulations on the weight loss. 22 inches is a lot of fat to be gone. Keep it up there!!!

Me - Well, we got our baby home from the vet yesterday and she has been feeling awfully sorry for herself these days. Hopefully she will snap out of it and be a bit more perky. The vet removed all the pins in her knee, so she doesn't have any left. The good thing is that the X-Rays show that all the bones are in place from the original surgery and it should heal fine now. Thanks goodness, that is over...

Tomorrow I get my stitches out, so I am looking forward to that. My head is still really tender, and I am amazed that it is taking so long to feel better. Oh well, will have to check with the dr. tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:45 AM   #15  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sweet Tooth~~So glad to hear that your head is getting better.

I just put some pics together of my bathroom tile job online for my family and thought that I would share one with you all.

Now, I need to get outside and pull some weeds
Closed Thread