Does it Work? Unsure if the latest product or service lives up to it's claims? From popular products to the latest scams, discuss it here before you buy!

Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2005, 11:09 AM   #1  
Feeling hopeless.

Red face Herbalife/Shapeworks Products

Ok, your going to love this. I recently got called by a home distributor of this product. He was very nice polite. Said he had an offer of getting the regularly $40 total control pills for $12.95, which would include many other supplements, vitamins, shakes, bars. In a month he would give me a call back to see how things were going, if I was totally dissatisfied, that was it. If not he could ship me more but now at the regular price. I agreed at least it was better than the autoship, however I needed to know the herb supplements inside this product. He was I think taken aback of my knowledge of certain thermogenic blends and wasn't sure what I was looking for. He seemed disappointed but forwarded me an email of the product. Thats the first time I realized it was from Herbalife. I had asked him who it was and all he said was he was from a company called Cymogenics or Symogenics, not sure of spelling. And he named the product as Total Control. I was a little perturbed that he just didn't say I'm an Herbalife distributor and yada, yada, yada . I did check out the website, I've seen these before but never tried them cause at the time I had something that worked. I figured I'd post and have my expert Mrs. Jim let me know the deal on these Shapeworks Products and her opinion on them. Any good, worth even bothering with? Let me know. Thanks so much!
Old 04-12-2005, 12:16 PM   #2  

Hi, I'm not Mrs. Jim, and have never posted, but I have tried the Herbalife products. I was not impressed. I, too, was called by someone, given 'a personal weight loss coach', bought the shakes, bars, tea, and a few supplements, Total Control was one of them. I did the program for a month to no avail. I continued for a while longer, my 'coach' was nice, but not readily available to answer questions. In my opinion, the supplements were just not worth the time, trouble, or money! I had previously lost 80 pounds on Low Carb, had been in a holding pattern for a couple of years and wanted to try to 'jump start' my weight loss again. I still have about 60 pounds to lose.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #3  

OOps, that should say I've never posted a reply. Sorry
Old 04-12-2005, 01:46 PM   #4  
Feeling hopeless.

I've actually been on/off doing a low carb diet as well and saw some results. I needed a quick jump cause I have a wedding in less than 3 months and I've been eating packaged broth soups, dark green veggies, yogurt, smoothie's & icecream with splenda and have noticed a little drop in the last 2 days. It's definitely not an easy process, but even my sugar free peanutbutter has been quenching my cravings. I'll keep posted on my progress. I realize this is not a long term solution, but I've been up/down and procrastinating the last few months cause of all the stress. I've even started a colon cleanse (natural) process to help just clean me out, they say all that build up isn't healthy and you should do this once in awhile. So I thought, what the heck, I need all my digestive systems running as healthy as possible.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:27 PM   #5  
Uber-Moderator!!

Well, the short version is - I would NEVER buy anything from Herbalife, or any multi-level marketing company for that matter.

It's interesting that especially lately, their 'distributors' are very, very cagey about using the "H" word. They used to call their products Thermajetics...do they still use that term?

Here's a link to one of the most interesting Herbalife stories I've read...just for S&Gs.
Old 04-12-2005, 02:38 PM   #6  

Height: 6'0"

Thanks, Mrs. Jim. As usual, you provide some interesting information. We have those signs all over, too, and I never realized it was Herbalife. I really don't like when these folks call and don't identify their company name. Why be deceitful?
Closed Thread